View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Finally 
Stadium Announcer

Post Finally
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/ ... ?content=1

The Tigers finally have some top prospects! Three of them in the top 50! Check it out for yourself.

August 15th, 2005, 1:55 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Nice find LF54.

I think Verlander is low on the list. He should be ranked higher than Matt Cain, who has an ERA of 4.64.

August 16th, 2005, 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

headbang.gif

Nice find LF54.

I think Verlander is low on the list. He should be ranked higher than Matt Cain, who has an ERA of 4.64.

The last game Verlander played against Minnesota he got rocked, I don't really think Verlander has the stuff to be an ace; maybe 3 or 4th picther, but not an ace...

Michael Huff for DROY

August 16th, 2005, 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

bsand2053 wrote:
headbang.gif

Nice find LF54.

The last game Verlander played against Minnesota he got rocked, I don't really think Verlander has the stuff to be an ace; maybe 3 or 4th picther, but not an ace...

Can't judge him as a rookie in the major leagues against one of the better teams we face.

Look at what he did in the minors and you can't tell me he doesn't have #1 stuff.

Was 9-2 in Lakeland with a 1.67 ERA, 104K, 86 IP.
Is 2-0 in Erie with a 0.28 ERA, 32K, 32 IP.

The guy has been lights out and will be ready in 2 years to be an ace.

Zumaya is much more ready, but a year away. Still needs to prove himself in AAA, although has had quality starts with no run support. He'll be called up next year some time (off-season, mid-season, who knows).

Was 8-3 in Erie with a 2.77 ERA, 143 K, 107 IP.
Is 1-2 in Toledo with a 2.65 ERA, 43 K, 34 IP.

Still have absolutely no clue why Marcus Thames isn't up here, Batting .359 in Toledo with a .722 SLG, .440 OBP, 17 HR 47 RBI

Carlos Pena still looks good in AAA, Batting .313 with a .428 OBP, 12 HR 45 RBI

August 16th, 2005, 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

bsand2053 wrote:
headbang.gif

Nice find LF54.

Brian kind of says it all. In equal competion, he has dominated on a consistant basis. I think he could easily be better than Bondo. Same for Zumaya.

Brian wrote:
Still have absolutely no clue why Marcus Thames isn't up here, Batting .359 in Toledo with a .722 SLG, .440 OBP, 17 HR 47 RBI

With White gone and Guillen not able to give us his bat constitanlty what with all his injuries, Thames should definitly come up. I wasn't impressed with his showing early in the season, but might as well bring him up, theres only so much devoloping you can do against talent that you are beating up.

August 16th, 2005, 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]