View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 8:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Mathias Kiwanuka 
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Post Mathias Kiwanuka
i read this earlier....

I know, I know, the Lions have an incredibly deep and strong defensive line.

However, Vanden Bosch is anything but a sure thing to come back after his neck injury last year, which would immediately derail the outside pass rush.

Enter Mathias Kiwanuka.

Kiwanuka is a stud speed pass rusher that has been undervalued and underappreciated in New York while playing in the shadow of greatness.

He should be in line for a big pay day, and Detroit could use another pass rusher on the outside.

I like this idea.. this man is under used and he will be a star in thie league if given the chance!! Him a Vanden Bosh Rotating would be awesome!

May 11th, 2011, 12:16 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Mathias Kiwanuka
I hear what you are saying but do we really want to pay big bucks to a player that will be rotating in and out? We already have that in the middle of the DL. I'd rather spend our resources in bigger areas of need at this point.

May 11th, 2011, 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: Mathias Kiwanuka
First, how sure are we that KVB won't be back. All indications are that he's on track to return.

Second, I think Lawrence Jackson is being severly underestimated for us. He could have had at least three more sacks, acting in a part time role, if he had not cheated inside on some plays (namely against Philly). If he does what the coaches tell him, I think he's not that much off of being Kiwi's ability.

Third, we still have Willie Young, who looked DAMN good in the pre-season last year. I would like to see what he can do in actual games, rather than push him further down in the depth chart.

Fourth, if the agreement is to use the four year mark as the set for UFA status, then I'd rather the Lions used the money to lock up Avril. And I don't think he'll cost as much as Kiwi. With the extra money we'd save, we could bring back McBride. Two for one.....works for me.

May 11th, 2011, 2:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]