View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 4:46 pm



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 2006, 2007, 2008 Redraft ESPN 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 2006, 2007, 2008 Redraft ESPN
Cool look at a redraft of these years. Interesting to see teams with 3-4 first round talent level players and where they are now compared to the Lions picks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6528474

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


May 13th, 2011, 11:30 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2619
Post Re: 2006, 2007, 2008 Redraft ESPN
Quote:
Lastly, we find out that over this three-year period, USC has the best publicity department in college football. The Trojans may have had a lot of players taken in those three first rounds, but no school's picks underperformed worse (Leinart, Reggie Bush, Keith Rivers and Sedrick Ellis fell a combined -382).


May 14th, 2011, 12:09 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3709
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: 2006, 2007, 2008 Redraft ESPN
Just HAD to post us a reminder of how bad Millen was didn't ya! :wink:

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


May 16th, 2011, 4:55 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: 2006, 2007, 2008 Redraft ESPN
Every chance I get, shows why we've been so bad.

Side note, Gosder was redrafted pretty much a no draft even though he has playaed lots of games.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


May 16th, 2011, 5:16 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: 2006, 2007, 2008 Redraft ESPN
steensn wrote:
Every chance I get, shows why we've been so bad.

Side note, Gosder was redrafted pretty much a no draft even though he has playaed lots of games.


Which is exactly what that whole redraft thing is a freakin' joke. I have been one of the hardest critics of Cherilus that I know of, but even I wouldn't rate him lower than a fourth or fifth round pick. Undrafted? That's absolute crap.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 16th, 2011, 9:34 pm
Profile
Online
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3109
Location: London, UK
Post Re: 2006, 2007, 2008 Redraft ESPN
m2karateman wrote:
steensn wrote:
Every chance I get, shows why we've been so bad.

Side note, Gosder was redrafted pretty much a no draft even though he has playaed lots of games.


Which is exactly what that whole redraft thing is a freakin' joke. I have been one of the hardest critics of Cherilus that I know of, but even I wouldn't rate him lower than a fourth or fifth round pick. Undrafted? That's absolute crap.

Guys, keep in mind this is a column by Rick Reilly. It's just his opinion. Not a re-draft by a bunch of NFL people. Reilly often writes entertaining articles, but it doesn't make him an expert on the NFL by any means.

Always consider the source...

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.


May 16th, 2011, 10:18 pm
Profile
Color Commentator - John Madden
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2007, 3:21 am
Posts: 1919
Location: A2
Post Re: 2006, 2007, 2008 Redraft ESPN
Gos is not a great player, but he's not an undrafted type of player. I'm pretty sure he would be a 3rd-5th rounder now.

_________________
Forward down the field!


May 17th, 2011, 1:50 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: 2006, 2007, 2008 Redraft ESPN
I know nothing of the author. I don't disagree mush with his first rounder stuff, they are close enough, but he certainly is probably making decisions based on uninformed decisions on the back end.

I think it does clearly show how well some teams did in bringing in talent from multiple rounds that have played to first round potential while others failed across the board even in the first round.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


May 17th, 2011, 2:11 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3166
Location: Maryland
Post Re: 2006, 2007, 2008 Redraft ESPN
I saw this article a few days ago. There was a lot I didn't agree with, but hey at least Avril made it as a first round choice. This just makes me think back to the re-draft article that was on the home page a few years ago. Anybody know how to access that again? It was a good read. We should write one for the last few drafts to see how different our team could have been.


May 18th, 2011, 10:37 am
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7236
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: 2006, 2007, 2008 Redraft ESPN
Wayne Fontes wrote:
Gos is not a great player, but he's not an undrafted type of player. I'm pretty sure he would be a 3rd-5th rounder now.


And this redraft only covers the 1st round. It's not saying that he would not be drafted anywhere in the 7 round draft. It's saying that as far as the 1st round goes, Gos would be undrafted in the 1st round.


May 18th, 2011, 11:11 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: 2006, 2007, 2008 Redraft ESPN
BillySims wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:
Gos is not a great player, but he's not an undrafted type of player. I'm pretty sure he would be a 3rd-5th rounder now.


And this redraft only covers the 1st round. It's not saying that he would not be drafted anywhere in the 7 round draft. It's saying that as far as the 1st round goes, Gos would be undrafted in the 1st round.


Read the article again. For each player that falls out of the first round, he gives a number as to how far they would fall. He has Gos falling out of the entire first 256 picks.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 18th, 2011, 12:14 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.