View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 9:36 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Rashard Mendenhall (Now with socialism) 
Author Message
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2166
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Rashard Mendenhall (Now with socialism)
So what do you guys think of his comments about our response to Bin Laden's death?

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


May 4th, 2011, 9:43 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10286
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
I think he can say whatever he wants. While I do believe the "whoo, we got that sumbitch, shot him in his f***in head! Let's go shoot our guns!!" type crap all over the Internet quite pathetic. So I agree with Mendenhall on that, but he sure needs a lesson in mechanics of materials...it wasn't the impact, it was the heat from the fire weakening the steel (since it did take quite a long time to fall).

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


May 4th, 2011, 10:10 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
I think Mendenhall proved that you don't have to be smart to go to college, and that some athletes are GIVEN a degree rather than having EARNED a degree. I certainly didn't celebrate bin Laden getting killed, I've gotten better things to do with my time. However, I don't blame the folks who did. It's their right to do so, as long as nobody got hurt. If some liberal or Muslim is "offended" by that, I really don't give a sh*t. Go live elsewhere.

He put out a so called "apology" on a blog, but that's kinda like stepping on the brakes over the car has gone over the cliff. His original tweet said something about knowing both sides to the story. I'd like to know what side of killing thousands upon thousands of people could be justified by bin Laden's "side" of things.

What Mendenhall should know, is that there are likely many more Muslims in the Middle East happy that he's now dead than there are westerners. He killed more Muslims than he did anything else.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 4th, 2011, 11:14 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2166
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
When I saw the people in that stadium giving the devil horns and celebrating, all I could think was "Damn, we look like them"

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


May 4th, 2011, 11:32 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
m2karateman wrote:
I think Mendenhall proved that you don't have to be smart to go to college, and that some athletes are GIVEN a degree rather than having EARNED a degree. I certainly didn't celebrate bin Laden getting killed, I've gotten better things to do with my time. However, I don't blame the folks who did. It's their right to do so, as long as nobody got hurt. If some liberal or Muslim is "offended" by that, I really don't give a sh*t. Go live elsewhere.

He put out a so called "apology" on a blog, but that's kinda like stepping on the brakes over the car has gone over the cliff. His original tweet said something about knowing both sides to the story. I'd like to know what side of killing thousands upon thousands of people could be justified by bin Laden's "side" of things.

What Mendenhall should know, is that there are likely many more Muslims in the Middle East happy that he's now dead than there are westerners. He killed more Muslims than he did anything else.


I thought his tweets were well-articulated and on-point. He's entitled to an opinion, that opinion differed from the usual Ebonics that pour our of athletes mouths and it differed from the get-r-done mentality of America's lower-class towards the death of OBL, and the media demonized him for it (to pander to it's lower-class consumers).

The Bin Laden's side of things comment is valid.. I wanted to see him dead as much as any other American, but thats just because the media told me I should want to see him dead. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but from 9/11 until now, things don't add up.


May 13th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3713
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
so you wanted to see OBL dead cuz the media told you to? not because he's responsible for hundreds if not thousands of deaths OUTSIDE of the 9/11 attacks. hmmm.....
AND you think the media attacked him because he was articulate? not because of his oppinion??

Please tell me I read yer whole post wrong....cuz if not...wow man...just wow.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


May 13th, 2011, 3:33 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
aughsum wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I think Mendenhall proved that you don't have to be smart to go to college, and that some athletes are GIVEN a degree rather than having EARNED a degree. I certainly didn't celebrate bin Laden getting killed, I've gotten better things to do with my time. However, I don't blame the folks who did. It's their right to do so, as long as nobody got hurt. If some liberal or Muslim is "offended" by that, I really don't give a sh*t. Go live elsewhere.

He put out a so called "apology" on a blog, but that's kinda like stepping on the brakes over the car has gone over the cliff. His original tweet said something about knowing both sides to the story. I'd like to know what side of killing thousands upon thousands of people could be justified by bin Laden's "side" of things.

What Mendenhall should know, is that there are likely many more Muslims in the Middle East happy that he's now dead than there are westerners. He killed more Muslims than he did anything else.


I thought his tweets were well-articulated and on-point. He's entitled to an opinion, that opinion differed from the usual Ebonics that pour our of athletes mouths and it differed from the get-r-done mentality of America's lower-class towards the death of OBL, and the media demonized him for it (to pander to it's lower-class consumers).

The Bin Laden's side of things comment is valid.. I wanted to see him dead as much as any other American, but thats just because the media told me I should want to see him dead. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but from 9/11 until now, things don't add up.


Yes, he's entitled to an opinion. But so are all of those, including myself, that thinks his opinion blows.

And exactly how is the "bin Laden side of things" valid. Where is the validity in killing thousands upon thousands over the course of close to a couple decades because they don't believe in your religion "valid"? The Christians have been called out because of the Crusades that happen centuries ago due to this, but bin Laden gets a free pass?

The Media doesn't dictate anything to anyone who knows how to think for themselves.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 13th, 2011, 10:52 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
Religion wasn't the motive. There's a lot more to the story that we'll never know because of the way OSB was dealt with.

The media dictates everything to everyone, but the thing with mendenhall's comments is that I wonder how far he's prying into the situation with them..

I'm actually a liberal/socialist - I think there should be more government management becauspeople are too fudge stupid to handle things for themselves, but at the same time there are things that we are all blatantly lied to about, things that have to happen to line up larger objectives - like chess, basically.

You don't know any more than I or the rest of e public knows about the situation - don't pretend your opinions are more valuable than anyone else's.


May 14th, 2011, 12:02 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2741
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
He wasn't denied his freedom of speech. He's entitled to his opinions but for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. One of the prices we pay for a freedom of speech is that we also have to accept the consequences for what we say.

I don't think there as anything wrong with what he said, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

And as a journalism major, your statements about the media just show how ignorant you are. Yes, media companies are going to release the news according to their agenda. If you blindly accept what you see on television, then you deserve to be lied too. Go check the AP wires, go read Reuters. Read the facts and make up your own mind. The story is always going to drift to either side depending on the agenda. They all get their news from the wires, and then interpret it one way or the other. And because people like you are too lazy to change the channel, you will only hear one side of the story and accept it for truth.

I love when the liberals start the 9/11 speculation. How is someone you claim to be to stupid to read supposed to plan a coordinated attack, demolition and then make all the people on those planes disappear? Sounds like he'd have to be smart.... but then you kill your first claims. Dur dur dur.


May 14th, 2011, 12:22 am
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
I'm not saying I believe anything one way or the other - read the posts again. You don't know anymore than I do - you think you do, but you don't.


May 14th, 2011, 9:46 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
aughsum wrote:
Religion wasn't the motive. There's a lot more to the story that we'll never know because of the way OSB was dealt with.

The media dictates everything to everyone, but the thing with mendenhall's comments is that I wonder how far he's prying into the situation with them..

I'm actually a liberal/socialist - I think there should be more government management because people are too fudge stupid to handle things for themselves, but at the same time there are things that we are all blatantly lied to about, things that have to happen to line up larger objectives - like chess, basically.

You don't know any more than I or the rest of e public knows about the situation - don't pretend your opinions are more valuable than anyone else's.


The bolded statement tells me all I need to know.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 15th, 2011, 10:37 am
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
m2karateman wrote:
aughsum wrote:
Religion wasn't the motive. There's a lot more to the story that we'll never know because of the way OSB was dealt with.

The media dictates everything to everyone, but the thing with mendenhall's comments is that I wonder how far he's prying into the situation with them..

I'm actually a liberal/socialist - I think there should be more government management because people are too fudge stupid to handle things for themselves, but at the same time there are things that we are all blatantly lied to about, things that have to happen to line up larger objectives - like chess, basically.

You don't know any more than I or the rest of e public knows about the situation - don't pretend your opinions are more valuable than anyone else's.


The bolded statement tells me all I need to know.


Again, there is no right and wrong - if there conservatives were the end-all-be-all, then liberals wouldn't exist. But this conversation isn't going to get anywhere - I've reached my views through years of being open-minded and open-mindedness and ignorance do not mix.


May 15th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
This may sound offensive but it's not meant to be, it's more of a cautionary statement.

"Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out."

This is America where we are allowed by our Constitution to determine our own lives, the governments role is to allow us the freedom to do that. As it stands, the Liberals are invading our privacy far more by telling us what we should do, then anything Bush did, by trying to capture those who were using our freedoms against us. You can argue with the truth all you wish, but that doesn't make it any less true.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


May 15th, 2011, 3:59 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
aughsum wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
aughsum wrote:
Religion wasn't the motive. There's a lot more to the story that we'll never know because of the way OSB was dealt with.

The media dictates everything to everyone, but the thing with mendenhall's comments is that I wonder how far he's prying into the situation with them..

I'm actually a liberal/socialist - I think there should be more government management because people are too fudge stupid to handle things for themselves, but at the same time there are things that we are all blatantly lied to about, things that have to happen to line up larger objectives - like chess, basically.

You don't know any more than I or the rest of e public knows about the situation - don't pretend your opinions are more valuable than anyone else's.


The bolded statement tells me all I need to know.


Again, there is no right and wrong - if there conservatives were the end-all-be-all, then liberals wouldn't exist. But this conversation isn't going to get anywhere - I've reached my views through years of being open-minded and open-mindedness and ignorance do not mix.


The ignorance is the idea that more government is necessary, or is somehow an answer to anything. Name one thing, just one thing that the government controls or oversees that is not a complete screw up of policy, committee clusterphuck, or self-serving garbage.

People aren't as dumb as you make them out to be, and the government is the most inept group of "business" people on the planet. Everything they touch withers. The governments job is not to restrict freedoms granted by the Constitution, but to ensure that those freedoms continue to exist for its citizens. Liberals seek to deny freedoms, hence oxymoron of the term Liberal with what they've become.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


May 15th, 2011, 8:06 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: Rashard Mendenhall
Maybe liberal isn't the right word for what I am - I believe the goverment has the right idea, but needs a complete overhaul. People are as dumb as I make them out to be, and they need to have functional systems in place so they can continue to function, not saying a lower-class citizen needs gov assistance to get a job and feed/shelter themselves (which, in many cases, they do need gov. Aid for), but they do a great job of abusing gov aid, having more kids than theyre able to support financially, etc. No one looks at the big picture, thats why the government exists, unfortunately most of it is the self-serving clusterphuck you speak of.

This ties into my first post (and rashard mendenhall's tweet). I'm not saying I believe 9/11 is a conspiracy, but if the gov had to create a public fear of terrorism to demonize middle-eastern countries to set the stage for military action and the spreading of democracy to curb potential future military threats, then I wouldn't fault them for that. Like I said, chess.


Last edited by anon749244 on May 15th, 2011, 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.



May 15th, 2011, 9:26 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 285 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.