View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 4:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Miami is LeBron's Team 
RIP Killer

Post Miami is LeBron's Team
I know many people were sure that LeBron moving to Miami was going to lead to LeBron taking a backseat to Wade... it is clear that Miami is LeBron's team unlike what everyone dissed LeBron for.

May 26th, 2011, 3:41 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
While he had two games where he was dominant, take away Bosch and they lose the series in a sweep. Lebron is exceptionally gifted athletically, but he's not going to ever carry a team. Wade is still the heart and soul of that team, but his being unselfish almost to a fault is going to make him take a backseat. And they won't win anything until they get someone legitimate in the middle.

And when it comes to the finals, i don't think they match up well with Dallas at all.

May 26th, 2011, 4:19 pm
RIP Killer

Maybe not, but you can't win without a team right? LeBron has proven with Cleveland and now with Miami (so far) he will lead and his talent is a HUGE factor in getting teams far into the playoffs. To cap-off the season with a championship takes a whole team and Miami is still working on that, takes more than year.

Like it or not, LeBron is an all time great (I didn't say greatest) and he is a leader no one gave him credit for. It's his team.

May 26th, 2011, 4:30 pm
RIP Killer

I follow the Mavs pretty close and while Miami might not match up well with Dallas, the reverse is also true.

Who is going to guard LeBron? Probably go with a mix, start with Stevenson and mix in Marion

I think Kidd covers D-Wade and obviously you put Chandler and Haywood on Bosch. Wade almost single handedly beat the Mavs in the finals five years ago - which left a very sour taste in the mouths of fans here in Big D.

It will be very interesting to see if they try to put LeBron on Dirk. The big German can shoot over him (and pretty much anyone in the league), but LeBron might force him into spots he doesn't like with his strength.

Gotta think much of the nation will be routing against the Heat. It is too bad that Dallas has had to make this run without their second best player (Caron Butler), but I'm still hoping the old veterans have enough in the tank to beat the Heat.

Like all NBA games, the refs will play a big role (why I'm not a huge fan of the league anymore) in the game. If they put Wade and James on the line with their bogus star treatment regarding fouls I don't think Dallas has much of a chance. If it is called fairly for all players, could be a good series.

May 26th, 2011, 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
I know many people were sure that LeBron moving to Miami was going to lead to LeBron taking a backseat to Wade... it is clear that Miami is LeBron's team unlike what everyone dissed LeBron for.

Well Wade closed out game one and was on fire in game two. They tried to let James close out this game and look what happened. From a Dallas standpoint, I'd much rather face James than Wade (especially true in crunch time).

June 3rd, 2011, 9:32 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I'm not sure how you pulled out that from the games...

June 3rd, 2011, 10:29 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:

I watched them, did you? Wade had 36 points yesterday, but it was James with the ball in his hands at the end of the game and everything grinded to a halt. The Heat turned into jump shooters, well except when James missed the layup (as part of his 0-4 effort in the 4th quarter last night).

Game one Wade hit 3 of 4 shots down the stretch including a 3 pointer as Miami closed out what was a close game with a few minutes left.

June 3rd, 2011, 10:48 am
Profile WWW

Lebron has closed out 4 games in his career. 2 in the Boston Series, 1 in chicago and game 1 vs Dallas. 4 games don't make him a closer, and last night with the fade away 3's, it was back to the old poor decision making that filled his career.

Lebron is a great player, but the conversations about the comparison's to MJ just need to stop. MJ took over games.He always showed up. Lebron disappears at times. And he needs others to keep him from losing focus.

June 3rd, 2011, 10:57 am
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:

I watched them, did you? Wade had 36 points yesterday, but it was James with the ball in his hands at the end of the game and everything grinded to a halt. The Heat turned into jump shooters, well except when James missed the layup (as part of his 0-4 effort in the 4th quarter last night).

Game one Wade hit 3 of 4 shots down the stretch including a 3 pointer as Miami closed out what was a close game with a few minutes left.

I did, Wade was on fire... he is the second best player in the league and second best player on his team. He's fantastic, but that isn't the norm for him to carry the team.

I am confused at your "They tried to let James close out this game" comment. I see a Miami team trying to take their 15 point lead and run out the clock (they got relaxed). LeBron single handedly brought the team back in the last series several times, why not acknowledge that?

NJROAR, I'm not comparing him to MJ or trying to. MJ was something else, LeBron is a different player, apples and oranges. MJ was a scoring machine, LeBron is more all around. MJ was smarter with the ball as well. LeBron is one of the all time greatest players by the time he is done, but not the best.

June 3rd, 2011, 12:19 pm
RIP Killer

I'm not claiming Wade is the better player, I'm saying from a "Dallas" perspective I'd rather face James than Wade. D-Wade almost single handedly beat the Mavs in 2006. He was the key at crunch time in game one. He was killing them in game two (still had 9 points in Q4) until LeBron was running the show late in the game and couldn't seem to manage the offense.

In crunch time, gimme D-Wade, or Kobe, or Dirk for that matter over LeBron. As for MJ, not even close at Michael would rip your heart out when it mattered most.

It was terrible coaching on Miami's part at the end. They had LeBron running out the clock and then making the decisions, the team lost all ball movement and forgot to take it to the rim. Defensively they were just as bad as Dallas scored on something like their last 7 shots. Even on the Mav's final possession they didn't have their best post defender in the game, didn't foul with one still to give in the final 2 minutes, put Bosh on Dirk and let him drive to his left (preferred) with no help.

It's all good, the series was just about over, now the Mavs are firmly back in it and could potentially win the title without having to go back to Florida. Thanks LeBron.

June 3rd, 2011, 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I can see what you are saying, from a historical standpoint. LeBron can be taken out with good matchups sometimes, where as MJ can't. Wade clearly has better decision making ability and overall game, where as LeBron relies on his physical ability a little too much. That makes Wade a little better under pressure than LeBron.

Still, if I'm drafting first overall on an NBA redo I'm picking James. He'll help you win more games.

June 3rd, 2011, 12:53 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
I can see what you are saying, from a historical standpoint. LeBron can be taken out with good matchups sometimes, where as MJ can't. Wade clearly has better decision making ability and overall game, where as LeBron relies on his physical ability a little too much. That makes Wade a little better under pressure than LeBron.

Still, if I'm drafting first overall on an NBA redo I'm picking James. He'll help you win more games.

I can't really argue with most of that, but if I'm picking a player help me win a seven game series for a title I think I'd rather have Wade. I'm not saying James sucks by any means, I just don't see him step up at crunch time in big games which is what the greats do.

James is a physical beast, in fact I would have put him on Dirk on that last series and still rotated help. You cannot get beat on a layup by the other teams only star, again terrible coaching.

June 3rd, 2011, 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

We'll agree to disagree regarding who'd we'd pick #1. LeBron is almost a 100% guarantee you'll be in the semi-finals and a 100% chance you'll be in the playoffs. The Cavs sunk to the WORST team in the NBA after James left... from best record to worst with a record 26 loses in a row. They won less games than they lost with James the year before. The Cavs with Wade on them this year would not have reached the playoffs, but the Cavs with James would have. He is that much of a difference maker.

Interesting note on MJ v LeBron because they are Apples and Oranges players:

http://www.businessinsider.com/sports-c ... run-2011-6

June 3rd, 2011, 1:13 pm

You also have to look at why the cav's were so bad this year. James signed a contract that basically handicapped them. They couldn't develop young talent because James wanted to win now, and the players they could afford, weren't going to do it alone. He didn't take the paycut he took to go to Miami or restructure to allow them to get better talent around him. Remember the Knicks problems? Unlike the NFL, MLB and NBA contracts are guaranteed. It takes time to get room in the salary cap to put together a team. James's last contract basically guaranteed he'd leave and they'd suck for a few seasons while they rebuild.

As to who would you take first... Actually its a tough question. James might be the better athlete, but Wade is an all around better player. He might be easier to shut down at times, but Wade has the intangibles and heart that James doesn't have. I'd take James #1 because he'd sell seats, but if i'm trying to win championships, I'd take Dwight Howard #1 by far. James just isn't an easy player to build around. You need unselfish players at every position, yet players that can dominate at times, which isn't very easy at all to find. In order to dominate, you normally want the ball more, not just periodically. And a team filled with those passive type players isn't going to win often. And that's James biggest problem. He wants to win, but he doesn't dominate consistently enough. He has those periods where he gets lost, even in the playoffs. Until he changes that, he can't and won't win it all.

June 3rd, 2011, 2:20 pm
RIP Killer

njoar, James has been described as a guy who shares the ball unlike MJ who was the man. Further, the Lakers got no help from Bryant salary wise yet had no problem building a dynasty. Third, Wade gave Miami no help either, yet tey still were able to do it.

I can't blame James for doing what every other top player did, take the maximum pay allowed. Just because their teams were able to pull togetherthe right talent and the Cavs weren't doesn't mean it is James fault. Neither Wade nor Kobe were as selfless as you seem to require James to be.

The facts are, no other player has the sinlge most positive impact on the team other than LeBron.

June 3rd, 2011, 2:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next