View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 My New 2012 NFL Mock Draft 
Baton Girl

Post My New 2012 NFL Mock Draft
Hey guys I finished new 2012 NFL Mock Draft, didn't see a mock draft section in this forum anywhere, if it's in violation of anything feel free to move it. Anyways, let me know what you guys think:

http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html

*Please note, we used last year's draft order for simplicity.

Last edited by DFlo on August 31st, 2011, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 22nd, 2011, 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: My New 2012 NFL Mock Draft
wow man...I hate to po poo all over yer parade, but a mock of 2012 is nothing but a waste of time at this point. You have no idea whos going to land where in free agency, you have no idea how the draft order will fall....it's not even worth wasting time debating cuz everything is SO unrealistic.

May 25th, 2011, 4:50 pm
RIP Killer

Pick one wasn't Andrew Luck, I didn't make it past that.

May 25th, 2011, 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Ya its fun to read, but like mentioned before it is HIGHLY unrealistic. A guy that is ranked Top 10 now will run a tenth of a second slower at his 40-time and be dropped a round...things like that.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 25th, 2011, 8:10 pm
National Champion

I love how all mock drafts of the Lions seem to have the Lions reaching for their "needs," when all of the available evidence suggests that the Lions do the exact opposite: they take the random player that falls to them with the highest talent level, regardless of position.

May 25th, 2011, 11:16 pm
RIP Killer

Strawberries&Chocolat wrote:
I love how all mock drafts of the Lions seem to have the Lions reaching for their "needs," when all of the available evidence suggests that the Lions do the exact opposite: they take the random player that falls to them with the highest talent level, regardless of position.

Very few mock drafts work based on BPA, but instead concentrate on needs. At this point, it's what drives people to do mock drafts, because determining the actual BPAs that will be there now is far more unpredictable than what each team still needs. That is, until after this lockout is over and free agency occurs. Then all bets are off.

What's even funnier is that there are still people out there complaining that the Lions didn't fill needs at corner or linebacker, despite the fact that they admit the Lions took the best players available.....except for maybe the Titus Young pick. People still seem to be split on that one.

May 26th, 2011, 3:26 pm
NFL Team Captain

Might be a waste of time but the speculation is really fun and frustrating.

May 30th, 2011, 5:46 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Luck not one?! After seeing that I clicked x right away.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

That one is wayyy better.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

May 31st, 2011, 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

Luck is not #1 because I used the same order as last year, and didn't use any trades for simplicity.

June 1st, 2011, 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Lions2SB2 wrote:
Luck not one?! After seeing that I clicked x right away.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

That one is wayyy better.

I'll take Vontaze Burfict any day.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

June 1st, 2011, 12:31 pm
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:

Well, when Jake Locker went back to school I'm sure most of the mocks immediately following had him going #1 overall automatically. Lord knows the mocks that were out there in September had him going first overall. And as I recall, it didn't quite work out that way for him.....

Just sayin'.

June 1st, 2011, 2:24 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Well, when Jake Locker went back to school I'm sure most of the mocks immediately following had him going #1 overall automatically. Lord knows the mocks that were out there in September had him going first overall. And as I recall, it didn't quite work out that way for him.....

Just sayin'.

I hear what you are sayin' but Jake Locker is no Andrew Luck. Heck he is no Sam Bradford who busted up shoulder and still went #1.

June 1st, 2011, 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Remember when a lot of us thought Carlos Dunlap could be the first overall pick at this time two years ago? Much can change between now and the 2012 draft, but it sure is fun to speculate. Just saying.

June 3rd, 2011, 12:15 am
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Just sayin'.

I hear what you are sayin' but Jake Locker is no Andrew Luck. Heck he is no Sam Bradford who busted up shoulder and still went #1.

But who do you think would have been St. Louis' first pick if Locker had entered the draft, Locker or Bradford? Something tells me that Locker would have been a difficult player to pass up for them, to take someone who had a "questionable" shoulder at that point.

I'm just saying that just because someone has a mock draft for 2012 out there right now that doesn't have Andrew Luck going number one is no reason to discount it. At this time last year most people didn't even know who Cam Newton was, let alone the fact that he'd win the Heisman or be first overall AHEAD of Locker.

June 3rd, 2011, 2:56 pm
RIP Killer

I get it. There is something to be said for the top ranked QB each year and that can indeed change and I'm not saying that can't happen. That said, I'm not talking about your typical "top QB prospect" and a potential "franchise quarterback", but rather a once in a decade type quarterback prospect - not just a franchise quarterback but Peyton Manning (and more highly touted than Manning was when he entered the draft).

This is a guy with a QB rating of 143.5 followed by 170.2 who connected on over 70% of his passes. Locker, for comparison purposes was coming off a 129.7 rating season in 2009 where he completed 58% of his passes. Sorry, no comparison.

And it isn't just his stats, he throws a great ball and passes the eyeball test as well as any college quarterback I have seen in a long, long, long time.

June 3rd, 2011, 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next