View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 12:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Graphic Violence League 2011 Edition. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Graphic Violence League 2011 Edition.
I have activated the League for the 2011 season. Please make sure that you have set your keepers. Each team gets 10 keepers. The keepers need to be set by June 30 at 12AM EST. The draft is set for Saturday, August 27 @ 10AM EST.

I see that TENNESSEE RATTLERS, BUSHY BEAVERS need to set all 10 keepers.

And RIDICULOUS RENEGADES needs to set 2 more keepers.

Steensn, have you logged in to your team yet?

June 4th, 2011, 10:43 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Graphic Violence League 2011 Edition.
And why do I have the same person occupying 2 owner spots for the Nuclear Regulators?

June 4th, 2011, 10:48 am
Hall of Fame Player

NOTE: If you are thinking about proposing or accepting a trade, you need to 1st clear your IR spots.
Also, if you trade draft picks, you need to send the same number of picks as you receive. Otherwise, people are going to be drafting more players than they can have on their roster. I think the league setting would invalidate the trade. But, I am not certain.

Sly,
I sent you 4 trade proposals. It took 2 tries before I figured out about the IR slots. Then I sent you the 3rd proposal. And then Steensn wanted a player that I was offering to you. So, I sent you a 4th proposal with a different player to you.

Steensn,
I sent you a counter proposal.

Both of you,
Feel free to make a counter proposal if those trades don't suit you. Let's work something out.

June 4th, 2011, 10:36 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Now is the time to make the trades to build your keepers for this season everyone.

June 4th, 2011, 10:41 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Billy, I just accepted your trade proposal. For those that don't know, Billy is the ultimate homer and he wanted Calvin Johnson from me. After many proposals, the trade was CJ, Steve Breaston, and an 18th round pick for Jamaal Charles, Brandon Marshall, and a 14th round pick. I'm gonna miss CJ who I drafted as a rookie, but I'm loaded at WR. My weakness was at RB where I needed another stud to pair with MJD.

June 4th, 2011, 11:08 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I admit that yes, I am a homer. I will take chances on Lions draft picks if I think they have enough upside. Sadly, I have been wrong a lot since Millen was in charge. But, Now that Mayhew is in charge, I am on the comeback. LOL.

Steensn,
I countered your counter.

June 4th, 2011, 11:30 pm

Steensn, I just declined both of your nutty trade proposals, but I sent you a counter offer on the Manningham deal. I'm also willing to part with Austin Collie and/or Terrell Owens if you or anyone else is interested.

Last, but not least, Tom Brady might be available if the deal is right. I'm gonna roll with Michael Vick this year, so Brady would mostly be stuck on my bench. If someone offers up a 1st round pick (11th round technically) and a stud RB or TE, I might consider it. Then again, I like the idea of having two great QBs that I can rotate based upon matchups.

June 4th, 2011, 11:31 pm
RIP Killer

Must be ff season, I'm throwing out trades hoping one will stick ;)

June 4th, 2011, 11:34 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

If a spot ever opens, let me know. I almost dread getting into a keeper league late, but I need to get my win count up vs sly. 4-0 in yahoo, but they never let me face him more than once a year.

June 4th, 2011, 11:36 pm

WOW! I just saw the Steensn-Billy trade, and the homer gets screwed again. I mean, the Bear defense, Peyton Hillis, 22nd and 24th round picks for the Lion defense, Correll Buckhalter, 30th and 31st round picks. Trades can't get much more lopsided than that. :lol:

I should add that when Billy first wanted CJ from me, he offered Hillis, but I wasn't comfortable with that. When I looked at his roster, Charles caught my eye and he changed the deal to include him before I even sent a counter-proposal. Imagine that.

June 4th, 2011, 11:45 pm
Hall of Fame Player

njroar wrote:
If a spot ever opens, let me know. I almost dread getting into a keeper league late, but I need to get my win count up vs sly. 4-0 in yahoo, but they never let me face him more than once a year.

We have 12 teams already. I don't like going beyond 12 teams in any fantasy league because it dilutes the player pool too severely. Usually, 1 or 2 teams become available for new ownership. Only 1 came free this year and Steensn grabbed it a couple months ago.

Best advice! Monitor this thread year round. At the end of the season, make a post asking if anyone wants to quit playing and if you can take over their team. Sly and I will keep you in mind if a team comes open.

June 4th, 2011, 11:47 pm
Hall of Fame Player

slybri19 wrote:
WOW! I just saw the Steensn-Billy trade, and the homer gets screwed again. I mean, the Bear defense, Peyton Hillis, 22nd and 24th round picks for the Lion defense, Correll Buckhalter, 30th and 31st round picks. Trades can't get much more lopsided than that. :lol:

I should add that when Billy first wanted CJ from me, he offered Hillis, but I wasn't comfortable with that. When I looked at his roster, Charles caught my eye and he changed the deal to include him before I even sent a counter-proposal. Imagine that.

Hey, I wanted the Lions D/ST for more than just the D. The 2nd part of it (ST) is a bonus. I expect our D/ST to be quite a bit better than the Bears this year. Also, I am not gonna set Buckhalter as a keeper. So, he will go into the draft.

I also did the deal to help Steensn. Because even you had a hard time finding 10 keepers on his team. If nothing else, he got a keeper RB for the Lions D/ST and 2 improved draft spots. He wanted my 11th and 12th round picks. LOL. That wasn't going to happen. LOL.

June 4th, 2011, 11:54 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Yeah, i don't want you to go over. Just keep me in mind if a spot opens.

And actually ST for bears will most likely be better for one reason.... shortened kickoffs. There won't be many kick returns at all, so that leaves punts which Hester dominates at and it wasn't Logan's strongest area. If they kept KO's the same, then it'd be a fairer trade. And Hillis is gonna have another beast year.

June 5th, 2011, 12:01 am
Hall of Fame Player

njroar wrote:
Yeah, i don't want you to go over. Just keep me in mind if a spot opens.

And actually ST for bears will most likely be better for one reason.... shortened kickoffs. There won't be many kick returns at all, so that leaves punts which Hester dominates at and it wasn't Logan's strongest area. If they kept KO's the same, then it'd be a fairer trade. And Hillis is gonna have another beast year.

I don't buy that whole moved the Kickoff argument. I remember when it was the way it will be again this season. A man named Mel Grey did just fine at returning Kicks. Not only him but, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson before him. And several others. The only difference will be; Now KR's will have to earn them. We have a pretty good KRer ourselves. And yes, Hester is better than our guy. But, our defense is younger and stronger. While the Bears is another year older and can they stay healthy 2 years in a row?

June 5th, 2011, 12:09 am
Hall of Fame Player

Oh, I almost forgot. Any player on the free agents list is available to anyone who wants them also. there's not much there though.

P.S. I just found out I can push trades through as soon as they are accepted.

June 5th, 2011, 12:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next