View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 2:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Who to keep? 
QB Coach

Post Who to keep?
I'm facing a slight dilemma. I have to select 2 offensive keepers. Jamaal Charles, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson or Aaron Rodgers are my options. Settings are: 50 yards a point for QBs and 20 for WR/RB. All TDs are 6 points. Which 2 do I keep? I won the league and will be drafting 10th so whoever I don't keep likely won't make it back to me.

June 6th, 2011, 7:02 pm
League MVP

Post Re: Who to keep?
rodgers for sure! and with minny having a rookie QB Peterson is probably the safer bet...but either way...rogers rogers and more rogers.

June 6th, 2011, 7:33 pm
RIP Killer

Rodgers and Charles...

June 6th, 2011, 7:43 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Are there many Lion fans in this league? If not, Go with Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson. CJ just might still be available with the 10th overall pick. In the rankings I've seen, he's between 12th and 18th. All of the other guys are top ten. Then again, you could go with Peterson and Charles, then take the best QB and WR available with your 10th and 11th picks, assuming it's a snake draft. Regardless, Peterson is a must.

June 7th, 2011, 12:40 am
QB Coach

We have 4 keepers. 2 Offense, 1 Defense and 1 guy who was a rookie last year.

It is a snake draft so I'll be picking 10th and 11th. 6 teams out of 10 have kept a QB so at worst I'd get the 10th best QB say a Joe Flacco or a Matt Ryan at the end of round 1. (Kept QBs Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Mike Vick, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Sam Bradford) If I don't keep him, Rodgers will likely go first overall.

At WR Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Mike Williams (TB), Miles Austin, Dez Bryant and Arrelious Benn are keepers. CJ would be the best left on the board and will probably go in the first few picks.

At RB Chris Johnson, Arian Foster, Michael Turner, Darren McFadden, LeSean McCoy, Ray Rice MJD, Frank Gore, Jahvid Best, Cedric Benson, Ryan Matthews, LaGarrette Blount, and CJ Spiller are keepers. Again, Charles would be the best on the board and would go quickly.

June 7th, 2011, 12:28 pm
RIP Killer

There are some seriously weak keepers in that league, wow. That said, there are a limited number of stud QBs and you have one (and he is young) so you gotta go with Rodgers.

Then their is the question of the other three, which is rather easy. You keep AP. You might get Charles with a first round pick still, but AP would be the #1 pick.

As for CJ, there isn't a huge difference between him and some other WRs you can get. Look who is still avail: Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall, DeSean Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Anquan Boldin, Marques Colston, Wes Welker, etc.

Picking 10th and 11th, you already have your stud QB and RB on board, you can grab another RB and WR or two WRs depending on the value at your spots. Next round, you can probably still get value at either spot or add a TD. I love back-to-back picks, you are in good shape.

June 7th, 2011, 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

wow..looking at some of those "keepers" Cj Spiller??? Sam Bradford?? Man I wanna play in that league! lol

June 7th, 2011, 2:43 pm
QB Coach

"We have 4 keepers. 2 Offense, 1 Defense and 1 guy who was a rookie last year."

Some of you may have missed the bolded part from my previous post lol. We have a 2 round rookie draft and at the end of the year each team has to keep one rookie.

Thanks as always for the advice.

June 8th, 2011, 4:11 pm
League MVP

yup totally missed that part...my bad lol

June 8th, 2011, 5:54 pm
NFL Team Captain

I'd Keep Rodgers and Peterson, without hesitation.

Laws of average here:

Rodgers = 4241 / 29tds (257 pts)
Peterson = 1445 / 13.5tds (153 pts)
Johnson = 1048 / 8.5tds (103 pts)
Charles = 1294 / 8tds (113 pts)

Your scoring favors QBS and RBS more than WR, however this can change based on starting lineups and how many positions you start. That is something else to consider. Look at the overall picture, but with the info you gave, it's a no brainer IMO.

Good Luck!

June 9th, 2011, 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]