View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 12:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Miami is LeBron's Team 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
steensn wrote:
njoar, James has been described as a guy who shares the ball unlike MJ who was the man. Further, the Lakers got no help from Bryant salary wise yet had no problem building a dynasty. Third, Wade gave Miami no help either, yet tey still were able to do it.

I can't blame James for doing what every other top player did, take the maximum pay allowed. Just because their teams were able to pull togetherthe right talent and the Cavs weren't doesn't mean it is James fault. Neither Wade nor Kobe were as selfless as you seem to require James to be.

The facts are, no other player has the sinlge most positive impact on the team other than LeBron.

Facts huh??? Fact, Wade's contract is less than either James or Bosh's contract. Each player took $15M less than max over the life of the contract. Fact, Dirk just signed a cap friendly deal with Dallas last season so they can add other pieces. Those facts dismiss a few of your statements above. Then again, I'm not sure of your definition of "fact".

You also seem to claim as a fact that James "has the sinlge most positive impact" but support that with no fact. I guess the fact that they signed Bosh has nothing to do with their improvement. I guess if you take James away they become the worst team in the NBA, not sure how they made the playoffs last year as the #5 seed.

Again, I'm not saying Lebron isn't good, but if you are going to claim facts - then please use facts.

June 3rd, 2011, 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

You're twisting my words, no one indicated Miami wouldn't be a very good team without James. Wade did in fact take a discount for THIS round but Bosch and James each took the same deal. Wade did not set up Miami in previous deals. It still does not go to the fact that Kobe hasn't done that and the Lakers were able to surround him with talent and Wade cashed in his last contract just like Bosch and James, he did not take the maximum which is a bit of a selfelss act. But guess what, that is NOT the norm.

June 3rd, 2011, 5:16 pm
RIP Killer

Did anyone hear the announcers in the 4th quarter, they even said the Mavs needed to double Wade to get the ball out of his hands.

4th quarter last night James had the first bucket of the quarter, that was if for the final quarter outside of his two turnovers. D-Wade was 3-5 for 7 points despite getting doubled quite often while James was held scoreless for teh final 11:43.

This was a two point win for the Heat and once again James was non-existent in crunch time. Heck, even Bosh who has played terrible had more points (18) than James and showed up in crunch time.

June 6th, 2011, 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

He's a dominant player but not a closer. Never has been. If i'm playing against him, I want the ball in Lebrick's hands with the game on the line.

June 6th, 2011, 12:50 pm
RIP Killer

I can agree LeBron is not the best closer in the league.

June 6th, 2011, 1:01 pm
RIP Killer

LeBron another monster game in the Finals with 8 TOTAL points, none in the final quarter. LeBron had more personal fouls than field goals. Hell, he had more turnovers than baskets.

A quarter of his points came on free throws afer his bogus acting job once again pretending to be fouled. That is getting crazy, they need to start suspending players for this stupid tatic starting with James.

Wade, meanwhile, 32 more points on 13-20 shooting.

Trying to compare the much hyped and overrated LeBron to MJ is just silly. Heck, trying to compare LeBron to Wade is just silly.

June 8th, 2011, 12:19 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I'm not disagreeing that Wade is the guy you want in clutch situation, he's proven that, I've already agreed. You're not proving anything I haven't already agreed with.

But if you heart, you get Dirk... man that guy has heart.

June 8th, 2011, 9:09 am
RIP Killer

OK, but if you are claiming that Miami is LeBrick's team - well wouldn't that have something to do with clutch time?

steensn wrote:
I know many people were sure that LeBron moving to Miami was going to lead to LeBron taking a backseat to Wade... it is clear that Miami is LeBron's team unlike what everyone dissed LeBron for.

LeBrick has taken a backseat to Wade, that is my point.

And yes, Dirk has heart and does Wade, nice to see two superstars go at it in this classic series so far.

June 8th, 2011, 9:30 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I agree a good leader shows themselves in clutch situations... LeBron did that consistently GETTING Miami to the finals. I can't answer the sudden and timely sleeking back in the finals, but the finals don't make the whole season. That is my point... LeBron was the leader for 90% of the year, what does it mean if he isn't physically leading the scoring for 10%?

June 8th, 2011, 9:48 am

Finals = pressure. You could be the greatest player in the world during regular season and collapse under pressure. And all the talent in the world isn't going to change that if he can't handle the pressure. He'll lose the "one of the all-time greats" moniker pretty quickly if he continues the already 8-year trend.

June 8th, 2011, 10:25 am
RIP Killer

Playoff = pressure and for most of the payoffs LeBron was still the leader/star. Let's not downplay the whole of the playoffs.

June 8th, 2011, 10:33 am

1 series with Chicago and 2 games vs Boston doesn't make a whole playoffs.

June 8th, 2011, 11:13 am
RIP Killer

You don't dominate every game, Wade hasn't dominated every game this series. You just have to be the key player that made it happen. The Chicago series was crucial and high pressure.

June 8th, 2011, 11:18 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
You don't dominate every game, Wade hasn't dominated every game this series. You just have to be the key player that made it happen. The Chicago series was crucial and high pressure.

Wade Stats has been dominating and by FAR the best player on the court for the Heat. He has gone 47-80, for 119 points or 30/game. He has more rebounds as well, actually LeBrick has 6 more fouls and over twice as many turnovers (14-6). Wade also has 6 blocks to the Kings 1.

Based on this series, I take Wade, Dirk or Bosh over James. It's not just the stats, he looks lost in the 4th quarter of games and almost looks like he is trying not to get the ball to me.

The Finals are where you make your reputation, LeBrick certainly is cementing his (pun intended).

The talk of him being one of the greats needs to end, the guy is athletically gifted but mentally weak from what I have seen. That is the difference between him and MJ, or Kobe, or Magic, or Bird, or Isiah, or Hakeem, or Duncan, or Dr. J, and the list goes on.

June 8th, 2011, 11:50 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
The talk of him being one of the greats needs to end, the guy is athletically gifted but mentally weak from what I have seen.

I can agree that is the situation we see now. BUT, we have to realize that he is only 25 and has a LOT of game left in him to get it together. I actually don;t think he will, but it's too early to tell.

June 8th, 2011, 12:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next