View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 4:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Miami is LeBron's Team 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
steensn wrote:
Pablo wrote:
The talk of him being one of the greats needs to end, the guy is athletically gifted but mentally weak from what I have seen.

I can agree that is the situation we see now. BUT, we have to realize that he is only 25 and has a LOT of game left in him to get it together. I actually don;t think he will, but it's too early to tell.

No doubt here. Just need to look to the other side with Dirk who was considered a soft Euro up until now at the ripe old age of 32 is just starting to lose that moniker.

June 8th, 2011, 1:01 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

He might only be 25, but he's got 8 seasons under his belt that he can't handle the pressure. He made it to the finals once prior to Miami, and he got swept. You can say he can't do it on his own, but no one can. He is going to need multiple championships with him as MVP to shed the reputation he's earning in this one. Go look back at Jordan's points in every finals game. His lowest was 22. Dirk had a 101 fever last night and had 20+. 8 is an embarassment.

Just a prediction, he's going to try to get aggressive and he's going to end up costing his team the series. The games have been close, and even though James has played terrible, so has the bench on Dallas. Dallas is having a bad shooting streak, where James is just running away from the ball.

June 8th, 2011, 4:15 pm
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
He might only be 25, but he's got 8 seasons under his belt that he can't handle the pressure. He made it to the finals once prior to Miami, and he got swept. You can say he can't do it on his own, but no one can. He is going to need multiple championships with him as MVP to shed the reputation he's earning in this one. Go look back at Jordan's points in every finals game. His lowest was 22. Dirk had a 101 fever last night and had 20+. 8 is an embarassment.

I don't disagree at all, he is not doing himself a favor. But he as well has proven a LOT of great things over those 8 seasons and has proven to be able to get a team into and deep into the playoffs single handedly.

June 8th, 2011, 4:41 pm

But he didn't do any of it single-handedly... he didn't average 80pts a game. He had help, but he didn't have consistent help. That's the difference between a starter in the league and a star in the league. The consistency. The team around him was built to compliment him, which is what he asked for. That's why the team stunk when he left. The team in Cleveland the last 3 years was built with James being the go-to guy. The team didn't fail him in the playoffs last year, he didn't come through for them. Go look back at game 5 in the boston series of last years playoffs.

James needs a team that takes the pressure off him. He's a Pippen. He's good, but he isn't the go to guy.

June 8th, 2011, 4:52 pm
RIP Killer

You are underplaying it because you think I am comparing him to Jordan, but I'm not. Wade has stepped up for a handful of games and suddenly he is the man. The BULK of the work has been James, clearly, in some very important series. Without James, Miami doesn't get past Chicago. He was the X factor that series. This series, it is Wade.

I know people love to hate James, he comes off as arrogant and to a point he is. But he certainly is the guy you want to build a team around.

June 8th, 2011, 4:55 pm

Wade isn't just doing it now, he's been doing it since he came into the league. He's slacked some with some injury plagued years, but he has always been the go to guy in Miami. And he actually won a title.

And this isn't hate on James. He was made a legend before he even entered the league. He hasn't earned any accolade yet, because he hasn't won yet. And he's proven that the title of this thread is just false.

June 8th, 2011, 8:27 pm
RIP Killer

I disagree on the title of this thread. Wade is a proven winner, so is LeBron. Wade is better under pressure but LeBron is better winning more of the time.

June 8th, 2011, 9:31 pm
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
I disagree on the title of this thread. Wade is a proven winner, so is LeBron. Wade is better under pressure but LeBron is better winning more of the time.

Didn't you start the thread? I'm sure you could find a way to change the title......... :wink:

June 9th, 2011, 12:08 am

lol thats exactly what I was thinking. You disagree yet you started it lol EPIC!

June 9th, 2011, 6:52 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:

Who has a title? Who was the man in 2006 when the Heat won? Who will be the man if the Heat win again.

I think I finally figured this thing out. Steensn loves the regular season and hates on playoffs. He inflates the meaning of basically meaningless games, but the games that are truly important he completely discounts. No wonder he loves the BCS system and LeBron.

June 9th, 2011, 9:29 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Oops, typo! haha...

I tried to do a double negative and I "fixed" it... but the results were not the same as the intent.

June 9th, 2011, 9:49 am
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:

Who has a title? Who was the man in 2006 when the Heat won? Who will be the man if the Heat win again.[quote]

You are taking one achievement as the all telling tale. It isn't...

June 9th, 2011, 9:50 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:

Who has a title? Who was the man in 2006 when the Heat won? Who will be the man if the Heat win again.
Quote:

You are taking one achievement as the all telling tale. It isn't...

I'm taking 2006 and 2011, that is NOT one achievement - that is two according to my math. Ask Cavs fans about LeBron in the playoffs, ask them how he quit against the Celtics.

BTW, you act like LeBron is proven winner while Wade isn't. How so. His 2 points per game advantage in the regular season? Perhaps that is because he jacked up more shots since Wade has a better career shooting percentage.

Again, have you watched these games? LeBron has been covered by Terry in the 4th quarters, and let me tell you Terry is not a good defender at all. What has he done? Wade has been covered in the 4th by a combo of solid defenders in Stevenson, Marion, and Kidd as well as double teams. If anybody should be dominating in that scenario is should be your man LeBron, but instead he has shrunk like George Castanza's man parts in the shower.

June 9th, 2011, 10:15 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

See, you guys are implying a diss on Wade. Wade is the second best player in the league, that is not a diss.

Again, 2011 isn't done yet, so let's not get ahead of ourselves. You are throwing out the whole last series in favor of this one, why? Are the Mavs better than the Bulls? I don't think so.

June 9th, 2011, 10:22 am

Wade brings double teams, James doesn't.

June 9th, 2011, 10:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next