View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 8:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Nook Logan one of the fastest in baseball 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Nook Logan one of the fastest in baseball
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/s ... 7637&num=0

Quote:
AMERICAN LEAGUE MEDALISTS

GOLD MEDAL: NOOK LOGAN, TIGERS

Not only would none of you out there recognize this man if he delivered your mail, we know no one out there can even pronounce his name right (it rhymes with book, not nuke). But he's the consensus choice for swiftest in the land.
SPEEDY STATS: Almost as many bunt hits (10) as doubles (12). ... More infield hits (25) than walks (18). ... Needs to work on stealing first base. He was 0-for-his-last-19 through Thursday after earlier stretches of 0-for-17 and 1-for 22.

HOWWWWW FAST IS HE?: The Nookster's finest moment was this: Scored from first on a wild pitch (helped by a wild throw) May 11 in Texas. ... Another candidate: Looped a single to left and then circled the bases on two throwing errors, Aug. 7 vs. Cleveland. ... Recently clocked at 3.74 from the left side, home to first, on a routine ground ball to the first baseman.

QUICK REVIEWS: "He'd run the last leg on my 4-by-100 team," Ricciardi said. "We threw him out at the plate on a ball to the wall, and I don't know how we got him. He looked like one of those sprinters, banking on the final turn." ... "He's fast, but he's got a funny style," said one scout. "He's all arms and legs. But he's a big, long strider. So he gets down there quick."

Interesting article. I just wish Logan would get on base more so we can exploit his speed.....

Tim

August 19th, 2005, 1:39 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Nook Logan one of the fastest in baseball
TADOne wrote:
Interesting article. I just wish Logan would get on base more so we can exploit his speed.....

You're right. If his on base percentage went up, he could be our Scott P. IMO.

August 19th, 2005, 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]