View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 6:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 USC Stripped of 2004 National Title 
RIP Killer

Post Re: USC Stripped of 2004 National Title
Interesting...

Wonder how that effects the Big Ten championsip if wins are vacated since the Big Ten championship isn't a game.

June 8th, 2011, 12:34 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Interesting...

Wonder how that effects the Big Ten championsip if wins are vacated since the Big Ten championship isn't a game.

That's easy, you have to wipe out Wisconsin's 31-18 win over OSU since all their games essentially didn't happen. That drops the Badgers to 6-1 and a half game behind your Big Ten Champion Michigan State Spartans. In addition, it now gives the Spartans a better winning % against the Top 25, including a win over Wisconsin, and thus they should play in the better BCS game.

GO GREEN, GO WHITE!

June 8th, 2011, 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

HAHA, you wish... nice try. OSU vacates wins, other teams don't ;)

Anyways, why would MSU benefit from an even better team in a bowl game to get whooped worse by? That just seems contradictory!

June 8th, 2011, 1:17 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
HAHA, you wish... nice try. OSU vacates wins, other teams don't ;)

Anyways, why would MSU benefit from an even better team in a bowl game to get whooped worse by? That just seems contradictory!

You draw an illogical conclusion as usual steensn. The Spartans had to face Alabama in their bowl game, how many teams inthe the "better" bowl games where actually better than the team the Spartans faced?

I thought Alabama was the best team in the country last year, I know they lost to Auburn when they stepped off the gas up 24 points and couldn't regain the momentum once lost.

June 8th, 2011, 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

See, your opinion shapes your reasoning for my conclusions being illogical. I was only really trying to poke fun, but I do not think Alabama was the best team in the country last year so logically my conclusion wouldn't be any different ;). Gotta beat the best to win and they didn't, just MSU ;)

June 8th, 2011, 1:58 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
See, your opinion shapes your reasoning for my conclusions being illogical. I was only really trying to poke fun, but I do not think Alabama was the best team in the country last year so logically my conclusion wouldn't be any different ;). Gotta beat the best to win and they didn't, just MSU ;)

So by your logic TCU was better than Alabama? Guess it doesn't matter since Wisconsin lost their bowl game and OSU didn't even play in one as of now.

Regardless, there is one less team MSU has to share the Big Ten title with now and it beat the other team by ten. So they beat the best the Big Ten had to offer!

June 8th, 2011, 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Don't get ahead of yourself, again, nothing has been proven.

Regarding TCU being better than Alabama, I thought you were all about "beating the best?"

June 8th, 2011, 2:52 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Don't get ahead of yourself, again, nothing has been proven.

Regarding TCU being better than Alabama, I thought you were all about "beating the best?"

I like to get ahead of myself when it benefits my Spartans. I am all about "beating the best" but unfortunately we don't have a system that supports that belief, but rather on voting who is the best, so the best I can do for now is simply speculate.

June 8th, 2011, 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Funny, because Alabama didn't get in because they DIDN'T beat the best and Auburn did.... but somehow your opinion that Alabama was the best overrides W-L? Seems hypocritical to me... Blame it on the system for Alabama losing two games one being to the BCS champs? Seems a bit fishy to me...

June 8th, 2011, 4:37 pm
MSU was the 3rd best team in the Big 10 last year, any way you slice it...

June 10th, 2011, 2:44 pm
RIP Killer

That is well put WJB.

June 10th, 2011, 2:46 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:

Well the way they slice it is by wins and losses, at 7-1 they were in a 3-way tie with Wisconsin who they beat and OSU who they didn't play and could well have their whole season whiped out.

Regardless they tied for first, much better than a 3-5 record and being tied for 7th with Northwestern I'd say.

How is that for slicing?

Luv ya WJB,
Pablo
XOXOXOMSUXOXOXO

June 10th, 2011, 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Well the way they slice it is by wins and losses, at 7-1 they were in a 3-way tie with Wisconsin who they beat and OSU who they didn't play and could well have their whole season whiped out.

Regardless they tied for first, much better than a 3-5 record and being tied for 7th with Northwestern I'd say.

How is that for slicing?

Luv ya WJB,
Pablo
XOXOXOMSUXOXOXO

Pablo, I'm not being biased here, and you can tell by my explanation that I readily admit that all three schools had a better season than UofM. Pointing it out was just a redundancy, but I understand that little brothers take cheap shots like that when they can, because they know it won't last long (fact). I would have loved it if MSU were better than OSU, even is OSU was cheating. The fact of the matter is MSU wasn't better than Wisconsin or OSU, even though they did beat Wisconsin once during the season.

Luv ya Pablo!,
WJB
XOXOXOUOFMOXOXOXO

June 10th, 2011, 5:22 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

How is that for slicing?

Luv ya WJB,
Pablo
XOXOXOMSUXOXOXO

Pablo, I'm not being biased here, and you can tell by my explanation that I readily admit that all three schools had a better season than UofM. Pointing it out was just a redundancy, but I understand that little brothers take cheap shots like that when they can, because they know it won't last long (fact). I would have loved it if MSU were better than OSU, even is OSU was cheating. The fact of the matter is MSU wasn't better than Wisconsin or OSU, even though they did beat Wisconsin once during the season.

Luv ya Pablo!,
WJB
XOXOXOUOFMOXOXOXO

Yup, just getting in my jabs why I can and I do know that MSU was the third best team in the conference (and even that may be short changing Iowa). I was just trying to slice it up another way and get my UofM shot in at the same time. But in reality, you were right as MSU totally overachieved last season based purely on talent.

BTW - I can feel all the Blue and Green love, Steensn, how bout a little Red?

June 10th, 2011, 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

It's no question that OSU was the best team in the Big Ten last season so i have no worries about the whole thing. No one has accused them of cheating to be the best (accept what WJB makes up) so the only violation they are being accused of is "taking care" of the recruits they did get. That gives no competitive advantage even if it is true.

June 10th, 2011, 7:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next