View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 1:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Miami is LeBron's Team 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Re: Miami is LeBron's Team
Pablo wrote:
LeBrick wrote:
All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. So they can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they got to get back to the real world at some point.

If there is one player I never want to see get a ring it is this brick laying, fake coughing, 4th quarter wilting, flopping, loser.

And perhaps steensn got it right after all, Miami is LeBron's team!

Well, the last I checked we are all living on the same planet and LBJ still doesn't have a ring, let alone seven of them.

Get real LBJ, you somehow lost it from last summer to now with all of your antics in relating to the fan base. Time to eat some humble pie and start working your tail off to figure out how you become a real champion.

June 13th, 2011, 11:10 am

steensn wrote:
Lol... I couldn't watch the game due to other obligations... scores looks depressing... and even in Miami.

No one expected them to win this year, well at least most people. NBA Finals is a good first year ending.

Talent wise Miami could of won it this year. You can argue they have two of the top four players talent wise and probably three of the top ten in the league. Now is the desire or the will there? No and that is why they lost it, plus they got out coached.

June 13th, 2011, 11:13 am
RIP Killer

There is more to basketball than talent. It takes time to play as a team... heck the way they started the playoffs were questionable!

June 13th, 2011, 12:55 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
There is more to basketball than talent. It takes time to play as a team... heck the way they started the playoffs were questionable!

Practice, Preseason, 82 regular season games, over 20 playoff games. Let's also not forget these guys played with each other in the Olympics. Over 100 games and these guys need time to "play as a team"? How long did it take Boston to win once they bought their team? Oh wait, it didn't as they won right away.

What a weak excuse. Meanwhile, the Mavs best player had torn tendon on his finger, their second best player (Butler) has a busted knee and hasn't played since the start of the year, their backup center (Haywood) was out with hip injury, their best young player (Roddy Beaubois) tore himself playing for France before the season, etc....

June 13th, 2011, 2:03 pm
Profile WWW

To me, Lebron just doesn't have that killer gene in him yet! Maybe because he thinks and is so talented that he doesn't need it but he is ringless so far in his career. Does anyone think that MJ would of lost that series last night if he was in Lebron's place? Heck, even if Lebron had the kill will of Isiah he would have two rings by now. I believe his sense of self entitlement gets in his way.

June 13th, 2011, 2:29 pm
RIP Killer

Call it a weak excuse, but it was EVERYONES "reason" before the season that they wouldn't win it. Sorry, but it was clearly noted many times they wouldn't win right away by pretty much all major sports writers on the subject. It's not an after the fact excuse, it was a clear agreement by all major parties. Only Miami fans and the team thought they'd dominate right away.

June 13th, 2011, 2:30 pm

steensn wrote:
Call it a weak excuse, but it was EVERYONES "reason" before the season that they wouldn't win it. Sorry, but it was clearly noted many times they wouldn't win right away by pretty much all major sports writers on the subject. It's not an after the fact excuse, it was a clear agreement by all major parties. Only Miami fans and the team thought they'd dominate right away.

Heat had all the mo going there way, they were up 2-1 and then they folded in game 4 and they were never able to recover. They could of easily won this series 4 games to 1 but I guess it wasn't in the cards for the basketball Gods.

June 13th, 2011, 2:41 pm
RIP Killer

It was obvious the Mavs played together better with more heart. Crystal clear... but the facts still remain, the Heat will only get better with time.

June 13th, 2011, 3:25 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:

Everyone? Hogwash, there were plenty of prognosticators who picked the Heat after the "Decision". Miami was the 7-5 favorite in Vegas to win the championship after getting James and Bosh (Lakers were second at 7-2 while Dallas was a 25-1 longshot). The Heat were also the favorites by mid season and again before the series started.

I like your revisionist history, however, to try to support your weak excuse. So you are telling me a team doesn't know how to play together after 100+ games? They have played the equivilant over six NFL season by now - gesh steensn!

June 13th, 2011, 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Play it however you like it, I don't care. There is no revisionist history going on, this was a clear statement by a ton of sports writers. Not many thought they would succeed right away the first year and stated it clearly multiple times. I don't know why you like being a contrarian, but you're dead wrong.

June 13th, 2011, 3:49 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

steensn wrote:
It was obvious the Mavs played together better with more heart. Crystal clear... but the facts still remain, the Heat will only get better with time.

no doubts here..but will their "Leader" (According to the thread title) ever get the playoff choker monkey off his back so that they can actual win? He reminds me a bit of early Peyton Manning at this point, only I dont think it took 8 years for Peyton to shake his....

June 13th, 2011, 3:50 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

steensn wrote:
Play it however you like it, I don't care. There is no revisionist history going on, this was a clear statement by a ton of sports writers. Not many thought they would succeed right away the first year and stated it clearly multiple times. I don't know why you like being a contrarian, but you're dead wrong.

Are you kidiing? I heard 75-80 wins a retarded amount of times before the season started. You stament here is filled with something stinky Steensn. And you cant say the press wasn't eating the cornbread when even Vegas had them as the #1 or #2 seed in the chamionships.

June 13th, 2011, 3:53 pm
RIP Killer

You're right, it took 9.

June 13th, 2011, 3:54 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
steensn wrote:

Are you kidiing? I heard 75-80 wins a retarded amount of times before the season started. You stament here is filled with something stinky Steensn. And you cant say the press wasn't eating the cornbread when even Vegas had them as the #1 or #2 seed in the chamionships.

Yes, Vegas sets number based on trying to even out the bets on each side. The Heat had a lot of public opinion pushing people to put money on them. Heck, I think I saw one person who said they were driving to Vegas now (at the time LeBron signed) to put money down.

If you guys didn't pay attention to the predictions at that time it isn't my problem. Facts are facts, there was much hoopla about how they weren't going to win right away. Either pay attention or don't play the game...

June 13th, 2011, 4:00 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

What facts? Everyone favored them right away. The only time the talk about them needing time to gel was after they started rough and couldn't find a way to close out games. Then when they started winning, everyone was back on the bandwagon. They were expected to win since the day Lebron proclaimed they would win 7 championships.

Miami was the better team, but they never played as a team. They were outcoached and Lebron still refuses to take responsibility. Whenever something goes wrong, he says he has to try harder, not different. That's the problem. He thinks he's doing enough, he just need to do more of it. As long as he thinks that, they will never win. Every team is going to play them the way Dallas did and they will continue to struggle. Lebron doesn't defer. He will never defer, because he's the chosen one. Too bad his performance says otherwise.

June 13th, 2011, 4:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next