View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 3:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status) 
Walk On

Post Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
Terrelle Pryor is entering the supplemental draft, if he fall to the 6 or 7 rd should the lions take him as a 3rd string develop project QB. They could later trade for draft picks or keep in they're back pocket if Stafford's injuries cotinued or he doesn't work out for the future. The worst scenario is we have the same problem as the eagles vick/kolb in the future. I mean it's a possible worthless pick for a player, who has the athletcism of a first rounder and would of potentially went in the draft as a 3rd or 4th rd pick., maybe as high as a 1 rd. depending on his production @ OSU this coming season had he stayed. I know everyone is big on his character issues, but what are we really giving up if he fell to the 6 or 7 Rd. I believe we have the luxury to draft him and he learn behind Matt Stafford and Shaun Hill. You can't deny this guy isn't a winner in a big time program. Thoughts??

June 14th, 2011, 9:52 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion.
what do we need him for? We already got a guy to clean the bathrooms, or did CRog get promoted to kitchen duty?

June 14th, 2011, 11:22 pm
NFL Veteran

If he's willing to work at a new position then you lay a pick down for him. If he is only looking to play QB then pass. He has never shown anything great as a QB, great athlete below avg as a passer. Also if he's dead set on only playing QB it makes me believe he will still be the me first guy and a terrible leader if you did play him at QB. And who the hell wants to deal with Drew Rosenhaus just on the off chance the kid gets his act straight?

June 15th, 2011, 1:42 am
RIP Killer

QB - 6th or 7th is worth it
"Athlete" willing to play TE or WR - 3rd or 4th

I'm not high on him becoming a QB in the NFL. I don't think he has the accuracy, though he has a nice deep ball. He needs a few years to develop if he's going to play QB, he'd be a better fit in Philly though learning under Vick.

June 15th, 2011, 9:59 am
RIP Killer

No, don't waste a pick on him. I would prefer Mayhew use the pick to trade for a veteran player at a position of greater need. I don't think Pryor is willing to play anything but QB in the NFL, and he won't be any good at it.

June 15th, 2011, 12:27 pm
RIP Killer

Agreed, did anyone watch the Lions last year? If you did, you know we do use our 3rd string QB. The momentum from the wins behind our 3rd stringer are carrying over to this year.

To quote Nancy Regan, Just Say No.

June 15th, 2011, 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

The only way I would touch him would be with a 7th rounder, but like Pablo said, since we had to use Drew Stanton last year I'd be a little hesitant to have an unproven, unprepared QB taking snaps with a team that is on the way up.

June 15th, 2011, 1:39 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
I don't think Pryor is willing to play anything but QB in the NFL, and he won't be any good at it.

I can agree with that... but I have seen people use a 6th and 7th rounder on much worse prospects without a problem.

June 15th, 2011, 2:20 pm

A different QB situation then maybe, but the Lions... not so much. Indy? sure. Detroit, no.

June 15th, 2011, 3:05 pm
RIP Killer

I can agree it isn't perfect for Detroit... but I believe Stanton and Hill are interchangeable (well, they both can make sure they are neither the reason for a win or loss) and neither are going to be getting better. I also feel a 3rd string QB should always be a developement QB because the return is so great for hitting the jackpot (either a later trade for high draft pick or your new starting QB).

June 15th, 2011, 4:45 pm

But is Drew Stanton ever going to be a trade chip? I'm guessing no. But I'd still feel better having him start a game instead of TP this year.

June 15th, 2011, 4:52 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
I can agree it isn't perfect for Detroit... but I believe Stanton and Hill are interchangeable (well, they both can make sure they are neither the reason for a win or loss) and neither are going to be getting better. I also feel a 3rd string QB should always be a developement QB because the return is so great for hitting the jackpot (either a later trade for high draft pick or your new starting QB).

I agree that it is preferrable to have a developmental QB as your 3rd stringer. However, with Stafford still needing to prove that he can stay healthy, I think it would be adviseable to wait until he can get at least 12 games under his belt in one season before we concern ourselves with that. Pryor is a knucklehead. If the Lions truly want a developmental QB they can wait until the 2012 draft, or sign one of the UDFA QBs out there.

June 15th, 2011, 5:21 pm

The Lions QB situation is unlike any others in the league. With a team that is poised to make a run and a QB who has never been healthy, they have to have a solid backup and a serviceable 3rd QB. Without that they are playing with an injury prone QB, a good backup, who himself has injury concerns, and a guy who isn't ready to play. I think they'll be hamstrung enough to bring back Stanton on a one year deal while they see if Stafford can play a full season. If he can stay healthy, then they can consider a developmental guy as #3, but until Stafford proves otherwise, they can't take a risk on an unproven guy like Pryor. Plus, we've already got enough TE depth...

June 15th, 2011, 9:34 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I think Danial Schneider will use a 1st or 2nd round pick on him. And I will be ROFL. LOL.

June 15th, 2011, 10:07 pm
Walk On

Good stuff guys!! Love the responses.

June 16th, 2011, 1:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next