View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bills ban smoking at Ralph Wilson Stadium 
Modmin Dude

Post Bills ban smoking at Ralph Wilson Stadium
Thought this was interested and could spark a nice debate...

(Hey, its slow w/no real football news, what can I say :lol: )

PFT wrote:
Bills ban smoking at Ralph Wilson Stadium
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 15, 2011, 7:28 AM EDT

Ralph Wilson Stadium is now a smoke-free facility.

The Buffalo Bills have announced that there will no longer be designated smoking areas in their home stadium, banning smoking everywhere at the facility for the first time. The change takes effect beginning with the new uniform unveiling ceremony at the stadium this month.

“We have listened to the vast majority of our fans who want to enjoy the game day experience in a smoke-free facility and we wanted to notify all of our fans well in advance of our first home game of this change in our Fan Behavior Policy,” Bills CEO Russ Brandon said. “It is important that everyone understands that there will be zero tolerance on this element of our policy.”

Ralph Wilson Stadium also has a policy against re-entry, so fans who leave the stadium to smoke can’t come back in.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-stadium/

Not really sure what to make of this yet, for my initial reaction is BS. (For the record I am a former smoker).

Granted I haven't been to Ralph Wilson Stadium, so I don't know the layout, but I'm still wondering why their be can't smoking sections? I've been to the AZ Cardinals stadium (Yes, I realize it is new and they may have more room) and they have several smoking sections throughout the stadium. Basically the smokers go to the stairwells to smoke; it is technically out of the stadium and they're not bothering anyone. (And before someone biatches about "It's too damned cold to go outside in the winter" I call BS...try going outside to smoke when it's 120.)

Thoughts???

June 15th, 2011, 2:51 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Bills ban smoking at Ralph Wilson Stadium
Not that I will ever be there likely... but it is win! Woohoo!

Side note, this will end up in the "Off Topic Forum" very fast!

Another side note, my town has banned smoking in all public outdoor places last month, woohoo!

June 15th, 2011, 2:54 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Why don't we just cut right to the chase and just jail all the smokers...they're nothing but 2nd class citizens anyway! and hell I aint one of em anymore so lets get r done! (2 months without a single hit! awwyeah)

Steensn, yer gonna have to go rouge with yer cigar addiction though....thats ok though black market stogies are better anyways! :wink:

June 15th, 2011, 3:39 pm
RIP Killer

This is a great example of why people just can't ever get past stratefying the conversation to two extremes.

June 15th, 2011, 4:39 pm

me??? extreme???? noooooooooo! Ill cut you if you say that again!! :wink: :lol:

and where's my kudos for quittin?? I made the envornment a better place and you cant even say thank you!?!?! jerk! :lol:

June 15th, 2011, 5:43 pm
RIP Killer

I don't plan on going to any Bills games in this lifetime, so I could give two sh*ts.

June 15th, 2011, 9:24 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Boooo! What's next? You can't wear the opposing teams' jersey in the stadium since it might offend somebody? C'mon. As long as smoking is allowed in a designated area away from the general public (like at Ford Field), why should anyone care? :roll:

June 15th, 2011, 11:36 pm
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:
Boooo! What's next? You can't wear the opposing teams' jersey in the stadium since it might offend somebody? C'mon. As long as smoking is allowed in a designated area away from the general public (like at Ford Field), why should anyone care? :roll:

You can wearing the opposing teams jersey, you just can't bring in and carry signs that says your obviously inept general manager of the team SUCKS DONKEY BALLS!

June 16th, 2011, 11:37 am
RIP Killer

You can't rip someones shirt off and force them to wear the opposite teams jersey... that would be the comparison.

June 16th, 2011, 11:41 am

steensn wrote:
You can't rip someones shirt off and force them to wear the opposite teams jersey... that would be the comparison.

You said something earlier about extremes? we are talking about a seperate section outside, with the only othe rpeople being near iot being other smokers...expleain to me how thats forcing anyone to do anything? (without going to the extremes of sayin a particle of smoke traveleing 100 meters is going to cause mass genocide please)

June 16th, 2011, 12:43 pm
RIP Killer

I can't speak for their locations as I haven't been there... but I can say that if they were too close or couldn't find a location for smoking seperate (which I'm ok with) then my example wasn't extreme enough.

June 16th, 2011, 1:56 pm
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
I can't speak for their locations as I haven't been there... but I can say that if they were too close or couldn't find a location for smoking seperate (which I'm ok with) then my example wasn't extreme enough.

:shock: Me thinks you've been in California way too long; it might be time for a nice long vacation back to civilization for you, my friend :wink:

June 16th, 2011, 2:34 pm
RIP Killer

I was the happiest person in the world when OH passed and then MI passed smoking bans. I could finally go to a restaurant without having allergies flare up and make it miserable. I could go bowling without leaving my coat in the car as I ran through the snow into the alley so my coat didn't need dry cleaned from the smell. Nothing about CA changed me... when things clearly negatively effect the health of otheres, there is nothing "liberal" about making it illegal to force it upon others around you.

I don't mind designated smoking areas if they clearly make is so someone can avoid it and take part in a public event or location. I can't speak for the Bills stadium, I can say I never had a problem with the Lions/Tigers stadium setups and see no reason for them to change.

June 16th, 2011, 2:45 pm

Quote:
without having allergies flare up and make it miserable

and suddenly your smoke-nazi stand is ever so clear. I totally understand now.

also:

Quote:
I can say I never had a problem with the Lions/Tigers stadium setups and see no reason for them to change.

I do believe this is the first time iv'e seen you agree to any kind of comprimise. perhaps I've gotten thruough to you a little bit??? :wink:

June 16th, 2011, 3:50 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
and suddenly your smoke-nazi stand is ever so clear. I totally understand now.

No, it has to do with the millions of deaths from smoke related disease. The rest is just personal benefits. It is a given medical fact that smoking (first and second hand) causes disease. There is no way around that unless to change the glut of medical opinion.

regularjoe12 wrote:
I do believe this is the first time iv'e seen you agree to any kind of comprimise. perhaps I've gotten thruough to you a little bit??? :wink:

No, perhaps you didn't listen before.

June 16th, 2011, 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next