View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 4:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 NBA Draft 
RIP Killer

Post NBA Draft
So, Cav's could make a comback afterall. They get the 1st and 4th pick of the NBA draft and could kick off one heck of a starting pair!

Detroit picks #8

May 18th, 2011, 9:49 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: NBA Draft
steensn wrote:
So, Cav's could make a comback afterall. They get the 1st and 4th pick of the NBA draft and could kick off one heck of a starting pair!

Detroit picks #8

Yeah, but what a terrible year to get two of the top four picks - the talent this year is weak.

May 18th, 2011, 10:16 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

It is certainly a down year...

May 18th, 2011, 10:20 am
Hall of Fame Player

Is the next Michael Jordon available for next years draft when the Pistons will likely have the #1 overall pick?

It's been a while since LeBron entered the league. The next phenom should be about to surface soon.

May 18th, 2011, 10:43 am
RIP Killer

There hasn't been another MJ since, well MJ. LeBron and his choke shooting is not MJ. I read an article about a HS kid named Anthony Davis last night (I think it was in SI) and he sounds promising but is more of a C/PF than SG. He is around 6-10/6-11 who was a guard until a big growth spurt. He will enroll in Kentucky next year but probably last one year.

May 18th, 2011, 10:58 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Lebron is not a closer as Jordan was. They are different players with slightely different talents. Both are/were dominant, both have stacks or MVP's and all star appearences. Lebron is still working on an NBA title though has had numerous trips to the playoffs with subpar talent. It's clear Jordan had a MUCH better likability factor, clearly. Jordan redefined the NBA althete to a whole new level while Lebron is defining the next generation NBA player. Lebron hasn't touched Jordan's scoring ability.

Clearly, Lebron has all the talent and more that MJ had... but he hasn't reached his level.

May 18th, 2011, 11:29 am
Hall of Fame Player

I just threw a couple of names out there for examples. I wasn't literally asking for the next anything other than the next phenom.

May 18th, 2011, 12:02 pm
RIP Killer

Yeah, that makes sense. maybe we can say the next Lebron, Kobe, Wade, etc. VERY great talent, All Stars, but not the best ever. I don't see that this year, but next year has some promise if some players decide to jet instead of stay.

May 18th, 2011, 12:05 pm
The Pistons got hosed. There are about 7 truly talented players coming out this year and barring some unlikely mistake from a GM they'll all be gone by the time we pick.

I wish we could trade into the top 5, but it will be unlikely.

May 19th, 2011, 5:25 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Pistons got hosed. There are about 7 truly talented players coming out this year and barring some unlikely mistake from a GM they'll all be gone by the time we pick.

Teams will reach for need, see the Lions/Fairley at #13.

May 19th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

The top 7 are so obvious though, that I think teams will fill needs AND all 7 will be gone.

May 23rd, 2011, 10:58 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

The top 7 are so obvious though, that I think teams will fill needs AND all 7 will be gone.

You were saying?

June 23rd, 2011, 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

love the knight pick but not sure about after that. hopefully will finally move some of the existing guards or who knows maybe hamilton plays SF next season...

June 23rd, 2011, 11:49 pm
RIP Killer

Pick by Pick analysis:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/2011 ... ter-062311

Pistons:

8. Detroit Pistons — Brandon Knight, G, Kentucky: The Pistons hoped to grab a rebounder/defender with this pick, but with Thompson and Biyombo flying off the board, Detroit actually catches a big break as Knight falls into their laps at No. 8. Knight was listed as high as No. 3 in many mock drafts. Knight should remind many Detroit fans of Chauncey Billups, with his combination of height (6-foot-3) and shooting ability. He'll form a solid backcourt duo with Rodney Stuckey. Knight is a high-character kid with a tremendous basketball IQ. He could also develop into a terrific on-ball defender as he gains strength.

33 PISTONS Kyle Singler SF 6-8 230 Duke
(from TOR)
Singler made a mistake by not coming out last year when his stock was higher. This year he proved that none of his skills are particularly special, so it's unlikely teams will regret passing on him.

52 PISTONS Vernon Macklin C 6-10 245 Florida

Macklin certainly looks the part. At 6-9, 245 with a 9-1 standing reach, he has all of the physical tools one could ask for in an NBA PF. However, he has no offensive game outside of six feet.

June 24th, 2011, 9:39 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

So, we might have hit 1 out of 3?

NEVER GIVE UP!

June 24th, 2011, 11:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next