View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 9:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Vikings 
RIP Killer

Post GAME DAY THREAD: Vikings
Post any thoughts about the game here. Great play, bad play - post your thoughts during and after the Lions game against the Vikings here.

:idea: Image :idea:

December 19th, 2004, 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Good luck today Lions fans. Let's hope for a good and injury free game. Unfortunately I have to head to the Sports Bar to catch the game.

Good luck!

December 19th, 2004, 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

Post I heard that McMike's going to start...
Since Joey's got the flu....

December 19th, 2004, 1:05 pm
QB Coach

It should be VERY interesting to see if McMahon plays and how he plays. I think if McMahon plays, he plays well because he can throw the long ball better than Joey and exploit this weak Minnesota secondary.

December 19th, 2004, 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

December 19th, 2004, 3:20 pm
Cheerleader

im speachless, what a drive for the lions

December 19th, 2004, 4:49 pm
Cheerleader

December 19th, 2004, 5:18 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Oh my God. :shock: What a way to win a game. Actually the Vikings didn't win that game, the Lions lost it. You had us and it got away from you. I know what that is like after the Debacle in the Desert last year.

Harrington looked very good today. I knew he would get some good yards. I thought we did a good job of stopping Kevin Jones, but we have to have the worst pass defense in history. Harrington and Williams are real players. Those two sucked it up and did what they had to today. Williams playing injured and Harrington getting stuck full of IV's to keep him going. Very impressive performance.

I knew it was going to be close, but dang, 1 point. Great game though. Good luck with the rest of the season Lions fans. I still don't think the Vikes will make the playoffs.

December 19th, 2004, 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I still don't think the Vikes will make the playoffs.

I think the Vikings can lose the next 2 and still make the playoffs in the NFC. I'm outta town and missed what sounds like a great game - especially for Vikings fans.

bonitachiquita - glad to see you on the board and maybe Joey needs the flu more often since he threw for 2 touchdowns and over 350 yards - WOW.

The Lions have certainly surpassed the Vikes at the most creative team in finding ways to lose games. CRAZY...

December 19th, 2004, 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Kansas Viking wrote:
I still don't think the Vikes will make the playoffs.

I think the Vikings can lose the next 2 and still make the playoffs in the NFC. I'm outta town and missed what sounds like a great game - especially for Vikings fans.

You're right about that Pablo. No matter who won, everyone was on the edge of their seats at the Sports Bar. Viking fans, Lion fans, and Packer fans. It was the hottest game on the TV's.

December 19th, 2004, 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I knew we were going to screw up that extra point. There was just a funny feeling. Hanson took longer to get prepared than normal. It seemed like Harris was waiting too long checking to see if Hanson was ready. On the extra point earlier in the game, Mulbach had kept the snap low. He was waiting there a long time to think about the snap. I feel for the kid. He was a great long snapper in college.

It was a great game. Harrington really put together a great game. We got lucky with that 2-pointer to Streets, but hey, he wanted that ball more than any Viking out there. I am pissed off at our unwillingness to run the ball in the redzone. We had 2nd and 2, and passed the ball, 3rd and 2, and passed again. There is no way anyone can convince me that is the right thing to do when all you need is 2 yards.

Minnesota got downright lucky. With the momentum Detroit was carrying, if that game went into OT, I bet they would have won it. Especially with the hometown crowd behind their backs. I don't want high draft picks anymore, just the playoffs. Two straight weeks we should have won. It's painful being so close. Glad that Joey actually moved the ball this week.

December 19th, 2004, 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Well, what a game. I thought that Joey looked pretty good for most of the game. There were a lot of dropped balls.....again. The defense wasn't great, but gave the offense a chance. I am almost speechless. I don't know what to say about this one. It's almost comical. They are finding new and inventive ways to lose. Hopefully next year they can find new and inventive ways to win. What a way for a game to end.

December 20th, 2004, 7:15 am
Stadium Announcer

They are finding new and inventive ways to lose. Hopefully next year they can find new and inventive ways to win. What a way for a game to end.

Perhaps you have already forgotten coach Marty and his "Snap, Hold, Kick" sound byte.

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

December 20th, 2004, 7:34 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

What about his "We won the toss? We'll take the field position"... in overtime move?

December 20th, 2004, 8:51 am
Site Admin

It was a great game to watch despite the outcome. I would rather watch a competitive game like that than a blowout anyday although the 3rd quarter was brutal.

December 20th, 2004, 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next