View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Trade Deadline 
Team MVP

Post Trade Deadline
Any predictions on what the Tigers might do, or what you'd want them to do? I read on SI.com that Tigers most likely NOT pursuing Jose Reyes, and that they will most likely shop for starting pitching. Who is out there that is tradeable?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

July 3rd, 2011, 12:57 pm
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: Trade Deadline
kdsberman wrote:
Any predictions on what the Tigers might do, or what you'd want them to do? I read on SI.com that Tigers most likely NOT pursuing Jose Reyes, and that they will most likely shop for starting pitching. Who is out there that is tradeable?

I would like to get Wandy Rodriguez. But, DUMB rowski will probably trade Verlander for the next Phil Coke.

July 3rd, 2011, 1:10 pm
League MVP

Not sure who is available but Dombrowski is always aggressive this time of year. Guillen is going to get a shot at 2b so the focus will probably be on pitching. I cant imagine that firing Knapp and going with Jeff Jones is going to make the difference alone.

July 4th, 2011, 10:00 am
League MVP

Looks like the most recent rumors involve the Dodgers - Hiroki Kuroda to come and be a starter for us or the Astros - Jeff Keppinger to play 2B and Wandy Rodriguez to start. Any of those guys would definitely help. But I bet the Tigers give it another 2 weeks to see what they have in Carlos Guillen playing 2b and Furbush starting.

July 6th, 2011, 3:57 pm
Guillen looks like he's done. My friend Darryl lives in FL and just went to watch him play in the minors. He said he looked very out of shape, and not ready to come back.

July 9th, 2011, 2:27 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Guillen looks like he's done. My friend Darryl lives in FL and just went to watch him play in the minors. He said he looked very out of shape, and not ready to come back.

Great..

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

July 9th, 2011, 6:59 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Great..

If DD was counting on Guillen coming through then he does need to go.

July 10th, 2011, 8:57 am
League MVP

i dont think they are "counting" on guillen at all but he is on the team and they are going to see what they have in him. again, if he can even be a 250-260 hitter he is an improvement at either 2b or 3b...

July 14th, 2011, 7:44 am

The Legend wrote:
i dont think they are "counting" on guillen at all but he is on the team and they are going to see what they have in him. again, if he can even be a 250-260 hitter he is an improvement at either 2b or 3b...

Trading Sizemore kind of gave me that idea, just a speculative thought by me. I haven't thought of Guillen at 3rd, which probably would be a better spot for him then 2nd, they can always bring Inge in late to play D and as you said, .250 is a lot better than .185 right now.

July 14th, 2011, 10:15 am
League MVP

Inge - even his defense has been brutal recently. I ve been a fan of his for a while but the Tigers are stuck in a bad position with him. He s shown he is no longer able to hit at an acceptable clip but I question whether he could be converted back to the super utility role he used to have where he played C, 3B, OF, etc. They may have to cut him ala Craig Monroe 2007 if things dont pick up soon...

July 15th, 2011, 8:56 am
Veteran General Manager

Quote:
Six teams after Mets' Beltran?

By Mark J. Miller

Carlos BeltranNow that the New York Mets have traded closer Francisco Rodriguez, General Manager Sandy Alderson can focus more energy on unloading outfielder Carlos Beltran(notes), whose contract ends at the close of the season.

ESPN has it that six or seven teams are interested in landing the 34-year-old eight-time All-Star. The site lists the Boston Red Sox and San Francisco Giants as being two of the teams in the mix. A team being mentioned as a possible destination for Beltran but not actually in the discussions at this point is the Detroit Tigers, ESPN reports.

Beltran, who was the 1999 Rookie of the Year with the Kansas City Royals, is batting .285 with 13 homers and 58 RBIs so far this season.

I'm not sure I want to crowd our OF. I would have liked to get Beltran 3 years ago. Of course, I'm all over it if Dumb Rowski trades Strikeout Jackson in the deal. Man, I hate that trade that sent Granderson to the Stainkees and we got the strikeout king and a Bottle of Coke out of it. Strikeout Jackson is just a constant reminder of what we had and gave away. I want him gone.

Rant off.

July 15th, 2011, 9:14 am

The Legend wrote:
Inge - even his defense has been brutal recently. I ve been a fan of his for a while but the Tigers are stuck in a bad position with him. He s shown he is no longer able to hit at an acceptable clip but I question whether he could be converted back to the super utility role he used to have where he played C, 3B, OF, etc. They may have to cut him ala Craig Monroe 2007 if things dont pick up soon...

I guess you could say Don Kelly has this role now, and as pathetic as it is, he is hitting better then Inge and Leyland loves him. Like you said, Inge could be the odd man out depending if they land someone by the trade deadline. I heard rumors earlier in the year they were trying to deal him but I doubt they could get squat for him now or even back then.

July 15th, 2011, 11:04 am

BillySims wrote:
Quote:

By Mark J. Miller

Carlos BeltranNow that the New York Mets have traded closer Francisco Rodriguez, General Manager Sandy Alderson can focus more energy on unloading outfielder Carlos Beltran(notes), whose contract ends at the close of the season.

ESPN has it that six or seven teams are interested in landing the 34-year-old eight-time All-Star. The site lists the Boston Red Sox and San Francisco Giants as being two of the teams in the mix. A team being mentioned as a possible destination for Beltran but not actually in the discussions at this point is the Detroit Tigers, ESPN reports.

Beltran, who was the 1999 Rookie of the Year with the Kansas City Royals, is batting .285 with 13 homers and 58 RBIs so far this season.

I'm not sure I want to crowd our OF. I would have liked to get Beltran 3 years ago. Of course, I'm all over it if Dumb Rowski trades Strikeout Jackson in the deal. Man, I hate that trade that sent Granderson to the Stainkees and we got the strikeout king and a Bottle of Coke out of it. Strikeout Jackson is just a constant reminder of what we had and gave away. I want him gone.

Rant off.

The Mets want a lot for Beltran from what I hear and I doubt DD would give up the farm for a two month rental. If it was going to be longer term deal then I could see it happening.

July 15th, 2011, 11:08 am
Veteran General Manager

grgrundge wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Quote:

By Mark J. Miller

Rant off.

The Mets want a lot for Beltran from what I hear and I doubt DD would give up the farm for a two month rental. If it was going to be longer term deal then I could see it happening.

I agree that Beltran would have to negotiate a contract with the Tigers before the trade would happen.

July 15th, 2011, 11:15 am

BillySims wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Quote:

By Mark J. Miller

Rant off.

I agree that Beltran would have to negotiate a contract with the Tigers before the trade would happen.

I could go for the rest of this year and then maybe two more years at a reasonable price but then like it was mentioned the OF becomes pretty crowded. I hate to give up on Jackson for his speed and D but his K's kill them for a leadoff man. This has been one of my biggest complaints about McClendon, he hasn't done squat on making Jackson a better hitter. Rod Allen raves about how good a hitting coach he is but I think some of the credit for everyone doing better has to go out to Cabrera on giving those guys hitting tips in the dugout. Ask Avila how Cabrera helped him in the offseason in becoming a better hitter.

July 15th, 2011, 11:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next