View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 9:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Jim Leyland 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Jim Leyland
BillySims wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
killwill wrote:

Quote:
I have'nt read the other posts, I just saw "Jim Leyland" and I think we should find a new manager after the season.

for what reason and who do you think would do better?

I don't know who would be better. I'm just sick of the choking

I hate the way Leyland plans the offense out to go for the HR all the time. He is incapable of coaching the Tigers offense to play small ball and manufacture a run from time to time. Minnesota Twins have mastered the ability to manufacture a run when they really need one.

It infuriates me when the Tigers could really use a run, and they all come up to the plate swinging for the fences.

These are major league players not little league, you play to your strength. Bunting, hit and runs, stealing a base, these are all ways to win a little league game but it's a huge risk to give up an out when may times the team has trouble scoring with a runner at third with 0 outs. Furthermore I don't know if anyone swings for the fences aside for Cabby and V-Mart, and I want them doing that.

July 19th, 2011, 8:57 am
Post Re: Jim Leyland
Leyland does employ a high-risk/high-reward managerial style, and he freely admits it. Even if they're not swinging for the fenses, they're still swinging, IMO inappropriately in a number of situations. Man on no outs man on 3rd Inge, Rayburn, or other scrub at the plate, we should be bunting. Problem is, our guys look like that can't bunt, and that's just ridiculous. That's something you learn when you're 12, and something that every major leager that doesn't scare pitchers with crazy power should know how to do.

July 21st, 2011, 12:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3