View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 5:39 pm



Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Adrian Peterson for the HOF??? 
Author Message
Afghan Allstar
User avatar

Joined: January 9th, 2006, 1:16 pm
Posts: 564
Location: San Diego, CA
Post Adrian Peterson for the HOF???
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/28495/calling-canton-adrian-petersons-career-arc

An interesting look at the numbers AP has put over his first 4 years in the league. A lot of comparisons to current HOFers and the production of their first 4 years vs. the final years of their careers. Obviously it is tough to maintian that type of production in the NFL at one of the most abusive positions in the game, but I was kind of curious why the article didn't bring up Barry.

Barry had similar production through the first 4 years, with 5674 yards, 108 less than AP. Everyone they compared AP to saw a pretty steep decline over their latter years, except for Barry, who put up 9595 yards over his final 6 years. That's an average of 1418.5 yds/year over his first 4, and 1599.1 yds/year over his last 6 years.

Obviously there hasn't been a Barry since, and probably never will, just thought that there should have been an argument for both sides.


July 19th, 2011, 3:32 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9908
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Adrian Peterson for the HOF???
Not until he completes his career would I be prepared to make that judgement call. If he can have four more years similar to his first four, then yes.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


July 19th, 2011, 3:54 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9499
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Adrian Peterson for the HOF???
m2karateman wrote:
Not until he completes his career would I be prepared to make that judgement call. If he can have four more years similar to his first four, then yes.


Exactly, remember the stats Terrell Davis put up early in his career?

6,413 rushing yards and 56 rushing TDs in his first 4 seasons (more than AP in both categories), 1,194 rushing yards and 4 TDs after that ouch!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


July 19th, 2011, 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Adrian Peterson for the HOF???
My personal opinion is that he will have a career worthy of it... but I agree it is to early to say for sure. Another good one is Billy Sims who was as well clearly on pace for an outstanding career, one that might mean we never see Barry Sanders in a Lions uniform. Lots of stuff can happen... luckily Adrian has been pretty healthy compared to most.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


July 19th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9499
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Adrian Peterson for the HOF???
steensn wrote:
My personal opinion is that he will have a career worthy of it... but I agree it is to early to say for sure. Another good one is Billy Sims who was as well clearly on pace for an outstanding career, one that might mean we never see Barry Sanders in a Lions uniform. Lots of stuff can happen... luckily Adrian has been pretty healthy compared to most.


And nobody on this board wanted to consider him with the 2nd pick (CJ) due to his injury history at OK.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


July 19th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3841
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Adrian Peterson for the HOF???
Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:
My personal opinion is that he will have a career worthy of it... but I agree it is to early to say for sure. Another good one is Billy Sims who was as well clearly on pace for an outstanding career, one that might mean we never see Barry Sanders in a Lions uniform. Lots of stuff can happen... luckily Adrian has been pretty healthy compared to most.


And nobody on this board wanted to consider him with the 2nd pick (CJ) due to his injury history at OK.


Jamarcus Russle what? LOL (couldnt resist!) :lol: :lol:

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


July 19th, 2011, 6:02 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Adrian Peterson for the HOF???
Irony Pablo...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


July 19th, 2011, 7:42 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9499
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Adrian Peterson for the HOF???
Jamarcus Russell is the future of the QB position in the NFL!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


July 20th, 2011, 9:25 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Adrian Peterson for the HOF???
Haha... we all make mistakes ;) To bad it is another example where you should have just listened to me ;)

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


July 20th, 2011, 10:02 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.