View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 8:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Vick urges Congress to make attending dog fight FED crime 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Vick urges Congress to make attending dog fight FED crim
regularjoe12 wrote:
Mike, I absolutly get where you are comming from. If he were to put forth or encourage programs to educate, or even start a wistle blowing program for those doing it now,I'd be all for it. I simply dont think it's right though, to have a guy be given chance to completly pick up his life again go out and say no one else should have this chance. To me that IS hypocrital. "whats good for me is too good for anyone else." thats what this sounds like to me..and Im simply not a fan of it.

Steensn...i am to the point that you have no idea what Im saying anymore as your last post had no real input on this particular discussion...you are trying to put words in my mouth, claiming there I'm putting him in a no win situation, when several times I've offered alternatives that i would have no problem with. there are TONS of things he can and has done to "do right". just because i think this in particular thing would be wrong im saying he can do no right?? i dont think so..... and Im a STRONG advocate of fair play..be it for children or adults. If having a sense of fair play is "petty" then so be it, ill gladly call myself petty all day long.

I just bolded the part where it is no win. The RIGHT thing to do is use his status and background to help clue the rest of us in on what would give incentive for more of it to stop. You are taking his actions and doing what you claim I am, putting words in his mouth.

July 22nd, 2011, 7:47 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

steensn wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Mike, I absolutly get where you are comming from. If he were to put forth or encourage programs to educate, or even start a wistle blowing program for those doing it now,I'd be all for it. I simply dont think it's right though, to have a guy be given chance to completly pick up his life again go out and say no one else should have this chance. To me that IS hypocrital. "whats good for me is too good for anyone else." thats what this sounds like to me..and Im simply not a fan of it.

Steensn...i am to the point that you have no idea what Im saying anymore as your last post had no real input on this particular discussion...you are trying to put words in my mouth, claiming there I'm putting him in a no win situation, when several times I've offered alternatives that i would have no problem with. there are TONS of things he can and has done to "do right". just because i think this in particular thing would be wrong im saying he can do no right?? i dont think so..... and Im a STRONG advocate of fair play..be it for children or adults. If having a sense of fair play is "petty" then so be it, ill gladly call myself petty all day long.

I just bolded the part where it is no win. The RIGHT thing to do is use his status and background to help clue the rest of us in on what would give incentive for more of it to stop. You are taking his actions and doing what you claim I am, putting words in his mouth.

here let bold the part that throws that right out the window. it's the way I take it..no where do I say it's what he said. Instead of reading a sentence or two try reading the whole post. I already said I'd be hip to him doing some educating or "clueing in" to the public. But what I thought he was doing...a whoooole differeent ballgame. but at this point i dont expexct you to undsertsand what im talking about.

July 22nd, 2011, 9:44 pm
RIP Killer

No reason to play this game. Your calling a guy a hypocrite, either stick with it or don't. I find it hypocritical that youare so upset that I'm putting words in your mouth while you sit there and do the same ;)

July 23rd, 2011, 12:53 am
RIP Killer

I'll just chaslk this up to you not knowing the implications of using the word hypocrit... peace out.

July 23rd, 2011, 3:10 pm
RIP Killer

If Joe wants to feel and say Vick is a hypocrite, so be it. It may not fit our definition, or even the dictionary definition, but it's his opinion to have and to share. I can understand what he is saying and feeling, though I don't necessarily agree on the hypocrisy.

It's like a murderer who gets out of jail, and then goes around telling everyone that killers should be put to death. Will he be the first one to stand in line for the shot? Probably not. However, it doesn't mean said paroled murderer isn't sending the right message. And that's what the deal is with Vick. You may not like who the messenger is, but the message is pretty good nonetheless.

July 25th, 2011, 9:20 am
RIP Killer

At some point definitions matter. I could sit here and call you a child molester and claim over and over that I don't mean it in the normal sense... I mean that you are great guy who just likes to care for kids. You'd not give me the same leeway... we have definitions for a reason... so we can communicate clearly.

July 25th, 2011, 4:00 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
At some point definitions matter. I could sit here and call you a child molester and claim over and over that I don't mean it in the normal sense... I mean that you are great guy who just likes to care for kids. You'd not give me the same leeway... we have definitions for a reason... so we can communicate clearly.

That's a ridiculous comparison, and you know it. Comparing calling Vick a hypocrite to calling a daycare worker a child molester is beyond being a reach. Besides which, if you want to call me a child molester, go right ahead. Do you think it matters in the grand scheme of things? I won't lose my job, my family or any respect from anyone that matters to me. Your definition won't mean a thing. No offense, but that's just the truth.

July 25th, 2011, 4:04 pm
RIP Killer

It's ridiculous to prove the point that definitions matter, that is all.

July 25th, 2011, 4:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3