View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Available Free Agents? 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Available Free Agents?
grgrundge wrote:
Haynesworth to the NE Patriots for a 2013 5th round pick.

This one has me scratching my head :-k :-s dontknow.gif

July 28th, 2011, 8:48 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

m2karateman wrote:
grgrundge wrote:

Low risk, high reward scenario I guess. Just watch, Belichick will get Fat Albert back to his all-pro form. It wouldn't be the first time he has taken something off the scrap pile and turned it into gold.

Reggie Bush to the Dolphin's, trade is in the process of being finalized.

July 28th, 2011, 9:37 am
RIP Killer

grgrundge wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
grgrundge wrote:

Low risk, high reward scenario I guess. Just watch, Belichick will get Fat Albert back to his all-pro form. It wouldn't be the first time he has taken something off the scrap pile and turned it into gold.

Bush agreed to a two year deal with Miami. No word on the compensation for either the Saints or what Reggie's deal is worth.

In regards to Haynesworth, he still has four years and $48M on his deal that the Patriots would be on the hook for. I don't know how much he's due this season, but I'm surprised the Pats didn't ask him to redo his deal. I understand that Haynesworth has talent, but that don't mean much if he gets upset and wants to stay home and pout like he did in Washington.

July 28th, 2011, 9:49 am
RIP Killer

Some folks never learn......

Dan Snyder is once again acting like a Pit Bull in a Butchers shop, going after any meat he can find in free agency.

So far the Redskins have signed:
CB Josh Wilson
DT Barry Cofield
WR Brandon Stokely
WR Donte Stallworth
SS OJ Atogwe

The Redskins are rumored to be close to a deal with former Packer Cullen Jenkins. Once again Snyder hasn't learned from his past mistakes, or the mistakes of other owners like Jerry Jones, who feel they can buy a championship rather than build one.

July 28th, 2011, 10:14 am
QB Coach

Stokley actually decided not to sign after learning that Donte Stallworth has signed, Moss re-signed and the Skins traded for Jabar Gaffney.

As for Haynesworth's contract, in 2009 he signed a 7 year $100 million dollar deal that essentially would allow him to be cut after 4 years and $48M. This would be the third year of his deal so even if the Pats don't restructure, they're really only on the hook for 2 more years (if they even want to keep him that long) and the Skins have already payed most of the money.

July 28th, 2011, 10:56 am
RIP Killer

I think Minny is an EXCELLENT place for McNabb to land. He really has a last chance to show what he can do with a VERY good offense around him and clearly a MUCH better offensive line. He has a chance to hold Ponder off a few years while he learns if he really thinks he can still play at a high level. There is no excuse for weapons now.

July 28th, 2011, 1:53 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
I think Minny is an EXCELLENT place for McNabb to land. He really has a last chance to show what he can do with a VERY good offense around him and clearly a MUCH better offensive line. He has a chance to hold Ponder off a few years while he learns if he really thinks he can still play at a high level. There is no excuse for weapons now.

Really? Who is his top receiver right now? Berard Berrian is looking like he'll get cut, and Sidney Rice inked a deal with Seattle. All that's left is Percy Harvin, and he misses games and practices due to migraines.

Donnie Mc might have a solid running game and a decent offensive line (and that's a stretch) to play with, but right now his receiving corps is leaving much to be desired.

July 28th, 2011, 2:09 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Yup, Minnie is scouring all available WR's to find someone. And don't forget no Williams Wall for the first 4 games. We're the only one in the division who plays them during that stretch btw.

July 28th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Div 1 - Starter

The Queens looked to a team with no WRs for Devin Aromashadu.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

July 28th, 2011, 4:59 pm
Veteran General Manager

m2karateman wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
grgrundge wrote:

Bush agreed to a two year deal with Miami. No word on the compensation for either the Saints or what Reggie's deal is worth.

In regards to Haynesworth, he still has four years and $48M on his deal that the Patriots would be on the hook for. I don't know how much he's due this season, but I'm surprised the Pats didn't ask him to redo his deal. I understand that Haynesworth has talent, but that don't mean much if he gets upset and wants to stay home and pout like he did in Washington.

The Pats aren't on the hook for squat until he plays in the 1st game of the season, which locks in this years salary. The Redskins were responsible for 100% of his signing bonus. So, the Pats could cut him the day before their 1st game and owe Haynesworth nothing. And only owe the Redskins a measly 6th round pick in 2013.

July 28th, 2011, 5:59 pm
Veteran General Manager

blueblood1 wrote:

Hey, Aroma of Shidooooo is no slouch. The last 2 times he has played us, he has burned us for big games.

July 28th, 2011, 6:03 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

BillySims wrote:
blueblood1 wrote:

Hey, Aroma of Shidooooo is no slouch. The last 2 times he has played us, he has burned us for big games.

I agree here! the guy was a stud whenever he played...musta practiced something awful though cuz Martz REFUSED to play him.

August 2nd, 2011, 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5