View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 12:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 GAME DAY THREAD: Vikings 
Varsity 1st Team

Embarrassing ending to the game...this one will haunt me untill next season.

December 20th, 2004, 5:19 pm
All State

that was one of the most disappointing yet satisfying losses of all times. i was impressed with the lions after i calmed down a bit. horrible way to lose but they looked decent in doing so. i have a little more faith in joey now. glad they stuck with him and i hope he continues to improve in 05'.

December 20th, 2004, 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

O.K. now that I have gotten over the laughter, constant ribbing by co-workers and sting of that one, here are a few thoughts:

"Joey Football", "Joey Blueskies", "Joey Grand Piano" or whatever anyone wants to call him played pretty well. It was nice to see him take shots downfield. You have to accept a pick or two if you want to see him throw the ball deep. I could do without the picks, but wouldn't knock the guy for going deep. The Vikings did a good job of stacking the line of scrimmage and making Harrington beat them. They commited to stopping the run and did a pretty good job of keeping it in check. The defense gave up a few big plays and it hurt them in the end. I like Marion and Walker at safety, but they looked slow at times, but who doesn't against Moss. He can fly when he gets in the open field. K.J. had a 4.2 per carry average which isn't bad. I was glad to see them not try to force the run and take what they could get.

Let's see what happens this week.

December 21st, 2004, 7:34 am
QB Coach

"Joey Football", "Joey Blueskies", "Joey Grand Piano" or whatever anyone wants to call him

I like Marion and Walker at safety, but they looked slow at times, but who doesn't against Moss.

You forgot "Joey Ballgame", my favorite. Whenever he has the ball with 2 minutes to go, it's ballgame! LMFAO!

Well, I absolutely HATE Marion and Walker at safety. If there is one glaring weakness that has stuck with our team the entire season, it's the safety position. Marion takes terrible angles, Walker doesn't have any speed.

December 21st, 2004, 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Ideally the can address our safty position in the draft this year!

December 21st, 2004, 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I agree about addressing the safety position this year. I would like to see them give Holt some time these next couple of weeks so that they can decide what they have in him. I sure would like to see them go after a veteran safety during the offseason so they don't have to try to break in another rookie in a key position.

December 22nd, 2004, 5:33 am
QB Coach

I agree about addressing the safety position this year. I would like to see them give Holt some time these next couple of weeks so that they can decide what they have in him. I sure would like to see them go after a veteran safety during the offseason so they don't have to try to break in another rookie in a key position.

Agreed, I would much rather see Donovin Darius in Detroit, or possibly Brian Kelly. There isn't any Sean Taylor or Roy Williams in this group of safeties, just a lot of second round prospects and one overrated mid-first round prospect in Thomas Davis.

December 23rd, 2004, 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2