View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 5:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 2012 Draft Prospects 
Fair Weather Fan

Post 2012 Draft Prospects
Hey guys, I know the 2012 NFL Draft is quite a ways off but I was wondering who you guys wanted in the draft. There are a couple of CBs that I really like and they are Cliff Harris and Alfonzo Dennard. My favorite is Harris because he is going to be a Jr. and he has so much up-side.
I kind of like Janoris Jenkins too. Tell me what you guys thank. Also, how about Tank Carder, the LB from TCU? He was amazing in the Rose Bowl last year.

Cliff Harris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zx5a6DKnoo

Alfonzo Dennard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_7GA757pk8

July 23rd, 2011, 1:54 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: 2012 Draft Prospects
As much as I love talking NFL Draft....I want a dang CBA, 2011 NFL season, Free Agency..etc before I comment on anything draft related.

(i'll check those guys out though! lol)

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

July 23rd, 2011, 7:12 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Evan Grass, welcome to Lionbacker. You're new here so you probably didn't know that we had a seperate forum about the draft. Therefore, I moved this to the appropriate place.

July 23rd, 2011, 10:16 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

PLS give me Vontez Burfict..or Teo from ND

Last edited by dmudd on July 24th, 2011, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 24th, 2011, 12:20 am
Fair Weather Fan

Hey thanks sly! Yeah I do like Vontez Burfict and Manti Te'o from ND.
I also really like the CB from Alabama, Dre Kirkpatrick. I think he is projected by most to be the first CB to get drafted.

July 24th, 2011, 10:34 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

Any one know any thing about trufant?

July 24th, 2011, 12:08 pm
Fair Weather Fan

I don't know much about trufant but this is a great link because it shows you the best CB prospects and trufant is on there.
http://nflsfuture.com/2011/07/19/2012-c ... prospects/

I really like Harris a lot!

July 24th, 2011, 4:48 pm
RIP Killer

Welcome to Lionbacker. Before I start predicting who I'd like the Lions to pick in the next draft, I'd like to see who they get in this years version of The Great Race (upcoming free agency). I realize that the Lions go with BPA, regardless of the talent on their roster. However, my predictions take need into account.

July 25th, 2011, 9:28 am
Fair Weather Fan

Thank you! Yeah free agency is going to be insane. I hope we come away with tulloch or joseph. As far as next years draft goes, I do believe that the lions are going to take need into account some what because I can't see them drafting someone on the dline unless they are a DE and they are not going offense unless its oline so i think needs will be taken care of next year. I see us getting a CB, LB, or maybe OL. Probably CB or LB.

July 25th, 2011, 8:28 pm
Hall of Fame Player

evan grass wrote:
Thank you! Yeah free agency is going to be insane. I hope we come away with tulloch or joseph. As far as next years draft goes, I do believe that the lions are going to take need into account some what because I can't see them drafting someone on the dline unless they are a DE and they are not going offense unless its oline so i think needs will be taken care of next year. I see us getting a CB, LB, or maybe OL. Probably CB or LB.

I expect the Lions to trade down a bunch starting with next years draft. It's high time to take the NE approach around here.

All the massive holes have been fixed now. Now, it's just a matter of filling out the depth and getting the starters serious competition.

You do that by stockpiling picks.

July 25th, 2011, 9:16 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

Janoris Jenkins - North Alabama

another talented corner who stock has plummteted,(he was recently kicked out of Florida after his 3rd marajuana possession charge). May be the smartest/best instincts CB on the field in this draft class (not off the field of course)

Dre Kirkpatrick - Alabama

will be a Junior this year but would be the most talented CB in this upcoming draft. He is also, 6'3"

Also in the mix...

Jayron Hosley, CB/PR, Virginia Tech
Stephon Gilmore, CB/PR, South Carolina
Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska
Cliff Harris, CB/PR, Oregon
Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia
Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

July 25th, 2011, 10:06 pm
RIP Killer

I am VERY leery of Janoris Jenkins.

In my opinion, he's got great talent, but anyone who knows their future is dependent on staying clear of drugs and can't do it, not just once but three times.....that's an issue, and a big one. In particular, a player who knows he's looking at going in the first round....this is a guy who has entitlement issues, thinking the rules won't or don't apply to him.

I'd love to have his talent, but not with the rest of the baggage that comes with him. I'd use no higher than a 3rd round pick on this guy.

July 26th, 2011, 3:10 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I don't know anything about this guy. But, he was the 3rd OT off the board in a Mock draft I saw.

DJ Flucker - OT - Alabama

I can just hear a bunch of announcers F'ing up that name in the heat of an exciting call. LOL.

August 1st, 2011, 7:38 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
I expect the Lions to trade down a bunch starting with next years draft. It's high time to take the NE approach around here.

All the massive holes have been fixed now. Now, it's just a matter of filling out the depth and getting the starters serious competition.

You do that by stockpiling picks.

While that would be nice, there is still some work to be done at adding some talent. We only have Tulloch for one season. Next year he's gonna want some big cash. It's why he only did a one year deal. He wants a payday.

Also, we will be staring down at several veteran contracts being in their last year, or being done. If the Lions don't get Avril signed to a long term deal, he's gonna test free agency next year and it would be expensive. Wright's on a one year deal, and we have offensive linemen to think about replacing.

I don't know if we want to trade down if there's a chance of an impact player being available at one of those positions. I like the idea, but first you have to review the situation the team is facing.

August 1st, 2011, 9:13 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

m2karateman wrote:
I am VERY leery of Janoris Jenkins.

In my opinion, he's got great talent, but anyone who knows their future is dependent on staying clear of drugs and can't do it, not just once but three times.....that's an issue, and a big one. In particular, a player who knows he's looking at going in the first round....this is a guy who has entitlement issues, thinking the rules won't or don't apply to him.

I'd love to have his talent, but not with the rest of the baggage that comes with him. I'd use no higher than a 3rd round pick on this guy.

Charles Rogers/Ricky Williams ring any bells? Im with Mike...pass

August 4th, 2011, 12:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next