View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What makes me angry about the Follett thing... 
Modmin Dude

Post Re: What makes me angry about the Follett thing...
steensn wrote:
I actually would... look at the thread talking about Follet and see how MANY sides came out in support of him. Now take the threads regarding taking shots and Christianity and you move some of the Follett supporters to the side against Christianity. Would the discussions be any less heated? Not exactly, but the ratios would shift dramatically.

I thought you were saying the Follett thread broached upon Christian bashing, my bad.

August 8th, 2011, 11:03 am
RIP Killer

Not really... in fact I think mineral was hiding his real issues which was Follet's "preaching" and beliefs in that thread.

August 8th, 2011, 11:05 am
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
Not really... in fact I think mineral was hiding his real issues which was Follet's "preaching" and beliefs in that thread.

That may have been part of it, but I do understand where mineral is coming from. You can't deny, for a 7th round pick, Zack did a lot of 'talking' and some folks think, myself included, that he should've perhaps spent more time studying and trying to improve and less time making tampon videos.

August 8th, 2011, 11:32 am
RIP Killer

One could infer he wasn't spending enough time studying or preparing for the NFL... but then one would also have to admit that one has some crazy idea that NFL players actually work 24-7 with no spare time to have a life. If Zach's personal time was spent on videos, how is that any different than someone spending their personal time doing other things? How many NFL, top talent or not, hang out playing video games all day on their time off?

Nothing against you being honest... but I can't help but call out the idea that Follet wasn't putting in his 100% or more to prepare. In fact, all indications were that he was an extremely hard worker and no one questioned his work ethic. Just because his free time was spent making his free time public instead of private doesn't mean he was working any less than anyone else.

August 8th, 2011, 11:40 am
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
One could infer he wasn't spending enough time studying or preparing for the NFL... but then one would also have to admit that one has some crazy idea that NFL players actually work 24-7 with no spare time to have a life. If Zach's personal time was spent on videos, how is that any different than someone spending their personal time doing other things? How many NFL, top talent or not, hang out playing video games all day on their time off?

Nothing against you being honest... but I can't help but call out the idea that Follet wasn't putting in his 100% or more to prepare. In fact, all indications were that he was an extremely hard worker and no one questioned his work ethic. Just because his free time was spent making his free time public instead of private doesn't mean he was working any less than anyone else.

Dude, with all due respect, pull your head out of your @$$ and re-read what I wrote and STOP trying to infer anything.

Let me try again:
Quote:
IF you talk as much as Zack did then you better be able to back it up. He talked A LOT and backed up NOTHING.

There, is that easier for you to understand???
Exactly WHERE did I say he didn't work enough??? WHERE did I say football players need to work 24/7??? Oh yeah, I DIDN'T but yet you with your omnipotent ways could obviously "see through" my words or "could tell what I meant". You're starting to sound like a woman....or perhaps a troll

](*,)

August 8th, 2011, 12:07 pm
RIP Killer

You inferred that he should stop doing videos and study/work more. If you really meant "Don't talk about bringing the pain train unless you plan on doing it" then that is different. I was being kind about "inferring" because you literally said to spend less time making videos and more time studying.

While I can't deny his public interactions make him a target... it also didn't seem to be a distraction.

August 8th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
You inferred that he should stop doing videos and study/work more. If you really meant "Don't talk about bringing the pain train unless you plan on doing it" then that is different. I was being kind about "inferring" because you literally said to spend less time making videos and more time studying.

While I can't deny his public interactions make him a target... it also didn't seem to be a distraction.

Can you point me in the direction of where/how you were able to obtain your powers of 'reading between the lines' and determining what people actually meant instead of what they actually wrote??? I want to be like you when I grow up. :rolleyes: ](*,) :evil:

Jeeze, what happened to say what you mean and mean what you say????????

You know, instead of trying to determine what I meant, you could have just ASKED for clarification if you didn't understand. But no, you have to use your "wisdom" and try to tell ME what I meant.

August 8th, 2011, 12:16 pm
NFL Veteran

TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:

That may have been part of it, but I do understand where mineral is coming from. You can't deny, for a 7th round pick, Zack did a lot of 'talking' and some folks think, myself included, that he should've perhaps spent more time studying and trying to improve and less time making tampon videos.

I dont see where Steensn missed anything. You actually typed out "he should've perhaps spent more time studying and trying to improve and less time making tampon videos." It really couldn't be more clear. Maybe you wrote somthing different from what you intended, but Steensn can only go by what was posted.

Steensn I'm with you on everything you've said and gotta add that the whole force feeding of beliefs thing is irrational too. Follett didn't force-feed anything to anyone, if you watched his videos, followed his twitter or facebook accounts its on you. Is Follett "preachy"? I would say yes, but its your choice to listen. If you don't like him for it say it, but with a little less spite and vitriol. The only reason this became such an issue is because all the hate that seemed to be in the original post by mineral.

August 8th, 2011, 12:37 pm
Modmin Dude

rao wrote:
I dont see where Steensn missed anything. You actually typed out "he should've perhaps spent more time studying and trying to improve and less time making tampon videos." It really couldn't be more clear. Maybe you wrote somthing different from what you intended, but Steensn can only go by what was posted.

I'll ask you the same thing:

Exactly WHERE did I say he didn't work enough??? WHERE did I say football players need to work 24/7??? Oh yeah, I DIDN'T but yet you with your omnipotent ways could obviously "see through" my words or "could tell what I meant".

August 8th, 2011, 12:40 pm
RIP Killer

I guess you intention doesn't come off well to us with what you wrote. I was exaggerating about the 24/7 thing to make the point... but I cannot see what you wrote as anything but thinking he should have worked harder. I will take your word that it was not your intent and ignore what I read.

August 8th, 2011, 12:44 pm
NFL Veteran

TheRealWags wrote:
rao wrote:

I'll ask you the same thing:

Exactly WHERE did I say he didn't work enough??? WHERE did I say football players need to work 24/7??? Oh yeah, I DIDN'T but yet you with your omnipotent ways could obviously "see through" my words or "could tell what I meant".

If you were to tell me I should spend more time studying and trying to improve than I currently am, that would make me believe you don't think I work hard enough. That must not be how you would take it, so my misunderstanding.

Steensn I don't like that I agree with a buckeye fan so often. I think its starting to hurt my soul. :cry:

August 8th, 2011, 1:05 pm
RIP Killer

Everyone comes around to agreeing with me Rao ;) HAHA... JK...

August 8th, 2011, 1:13 pm
Modmin Dude

rao wrote:
If you were to tell me I should spend more time studying and trying to improve than I currently am, that would make me believe you don't think I work hard enough. That must not be how you would take it, so my misunderstanding.

Try reading it AGAIN:
Quote:
You can't deny, for a 7th round pick, Zack did a lot of 'talking' and some folks think, myself included, that he should've perhaps spent more time studying and trying to improve and less time making tampon videos.

Show me exactly where I said he didn't work enough as a football player. Show me where I said he needed to work 24/7. Oh yeah, that's right, its NOT there. What that DOES say is that if you're going to be doing a lot of talking as a 7th rounder, you damn well better be able to back it up.

Reading is fundamental :rolleyes:

RIP Killer

I think Rao/Wags we can agree that it was just a misunderstanding... I still am not getting what you seem to have intended from what you wrote Wags...

NFL Veteran

steensn wrote:
I think Rao/Wags we can agree that it was just a misunderstanding... I still am not getting what you seem to have intended from what you wrote Wags...

Yeah, I'm sorry Wags I just don't read what you wrote the same way. You've explained it though, so now I understand what your intent has been this whole time. I enjoy players talking the way Follett did as long a they don't call out other players by name. I think it was his way of motivating himself to work even harder and show his passion for football. What he said about Stafford was wrong and he deserves a lot of criticism for it, but he apologized and it only happened once. Hell, he wasn't even in the league long enough to make more than one mistake.

August 8th, 2011, 1:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next