View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 8:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What makes me angry about the Follett thing... 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: What makes me angry about the Follett thing...
whole mlotta panties in a bunch over a 7th round pick that not only excelled at ST but also made a decent BACKUP for his position.

I get the whole "dont like his trash talking". but here is my issue. Did any of you see his Tampon or jesus shennannigans without YOU going to HIS website?
the answer is probably no. So you went to him and got annoyed by what he said? gee am i the only one who thinks the easy answer of DONT GO THERE pretty much solves that problem?

I have never seen him act like his usually (rediculous..possibly retarded)self when in an interview or on local television. so really the only people he's bothering are the people who CHOSE to be bothered.

Personally I'd take 10 more backups just like him! big mouth or no, he did better than I expected and I think it's a shame for his career to be cut short like it was. (even though i DONT think he would have made the roster this year with our LB's being what they are....it's still a DAMN SHAME for any player with the heart and passion this guy had, to be told you cant live your dreams or you'll kill yourself)

August 8th, 2011, 3:21 pm
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
I get the whole "dont like his trash talking". but here is my issue. Did any of you see his Tampon or jesus shennannigans without YOU going to HIS website?
the answer is probably no. So you went to him and got annoyed by what he said? gee am i the only one who thinks the easy answer of DONT GO THERE pretty much solves that problem?

There were links to YouTube videos all over the internet, you did NOT have to go to his website to see it.

August 8th, 2011, 3:25 pm

TheRealWags wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

There were links to YouTube videos all over the internet, you did NOT have to go to his website to see it.

even still..the option was yours to go look correct? my point still stands.

He has the right too act like a jackass the same as some here have the right to act like he was the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll. the point of how in your face it was though is still valid.
if you no clicky clicky...he can't annoy you....

August 8th, 2011, 3:33 pm
Modmin Dude

regularjoe12 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

even still..the option was yours to go look correct? my point still stands.

He has the right too act like a jackass the same as some here have the right to act like he was the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll. the point of how in your face it was though is still valid.
if you no clicky clicky...he can't annoy you....

Yup, it was my choice to watch less than 1 min of said tampon video on YouTube (and I still haven't received that time back :wink: ) And pardon me for taking the time to try to educate myself as to what damn near every other poster was talking about. I know its not the norm these days, but some peeps do actually like to make informed decisions and comments.

And for the record, after wasting the time I did on the tampon video, I never "clicky clicky" any of his crap again.

He does indeed have the right to act like a jackass and I as well as others have the right to berate him for acting like a jackass. You don't like it? Fine, don't 'clicky clicky' the threads.

August 8th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Quote:
And for the record, after wasting the time I did on the tampon video, I never "clicky clicky" any of his crap again.

see now thats exactly the kind of common sense that I expect from you...and many others here.

Sorry if you feel like like calling you out indiviually. that was not the case. my post was more of a blanket statment. If you felt it applied to you..then it probably did, but it was not directed at you specifically. As for the reasons you went looking at more of his stuff "to become better educated"., I'm hip. I love the fact that you usually wait untill you know what your talking about before you post. it's why you are usually one of the more thought provoking posters on here.

But to complain about what you found is akin to you complaing about how bad somthing smells after 30 people already told ya it stinks. it's like adding fuel to the fire just for the purpose of seeing how high you can make the flames.

August 8th, 2011, 3:56 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

A lot of words have been put in my mouth today.
I'm glad steensn makes up my mind for me.

If you go back to the original post, I clearly mention that the preaching was part of it. His trash talk was part of it. His chinadoll comment was part of it. His performance on the field as a starter was part of it.
Single out any of them that you want, but the whole picture sucked.

If I hated religious athletes so much, wouldn't I have had the same problem with Kitna? I didn't. I liked Kitna well enough, but he was a much better player than Follett, too. He never called anyone a chinadoll, though he did talk some outstanding trash that his arm couldn't back up. So just take the religious thing out of it. I don't hate Tebow either, but I think he's being a crybaby right now, but if it was just preaching I hated, I would not be able to watch the NFL or be a fan of nearly any player at all. Anyone remember me bashing any other religious player? The most I said might have been that Kitna was preachy; but I was hardly the only person on the board that said that.

So as much as steensn would like to make it all about religion, it's simply not true. Yes, it's a part of it. But that's not the entire reason; not even close. When you are done with your mind-reading machine, steen, I need to borrow it from you.

So to reiterate... For the third time that it will be ignored, the reasons i dislike follett:
Performance
yes, Preaching
Trash talk
and trash talking the franchise QB, then backing up and apologizing on Twitter.

Yes, I'm glad he's ok. No, I'm not worried about his future, he should be just fine. No, I never wished him to get hurt. And please stop acting like I'm boiling you in oil over your beliefs.
Follett sucks as a professional starting middle linebacker and was worth a 7th round pick, performed like a 7th round pick and deserved nothing more.
:finger:

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

August 8th, 2011, 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

But to list his performance as a reason is nonsense. You don't say the same thing about any other 7th round pick because you don't expect as much from him. None of the players you mentioned gave you any indication of their faith to the level Follett did and both a a little less out there in how they come off. I would never expect you to hate someone for being Christian, but I do think you give them a shorter leash especially when they put out videos that "scare you" regarding what they actually believe.

I cannot accept the "performance" BS... it's nonsense and illogical. He earned a spot on the team and could earn a spot on many other teams with his performance. For a 7th rounder, that is good. End of story, no reason to make that an issue or list it... it's crap.

August 8th, 2011, 5:27 pm

steensn wrote:
But to list his performance as a reason is nonsense. You don't say the same thing about any other 7th round pick because you don't expect as much from him. None of the players you mentioned gave you any indication of their faith to the level Follett did and both a a little less out there in how they come off. I would never expect you to hate someone for being Christian, but I do think you give them a shorter leash especially when they put out videos that "scare you" regarding what they actually believe.

I cannot accept the "performance" BS... it's nonsense and illogical. He earned a spot on the team and could earn a spot on many other teams with his performance. For a 7th rounder, that is good. End of story, no reason to make that an issue or list it... it's crap.

So it's crap that the guy is given the starting position, hypes himself up to be some great linebacker with his talk and interviews (Jim Rome, August of last year) and only starts 2 games, and makes 31 tackles, and the rest of the columns are zeros.
Sorry, I'm not embracing mediocrity.
YOU take it off the list, but I won't. It's not illogical. It's fact. He played like a 7th rounder and talked like an MVP. Accept it and move on, please. Stop persecuting my belief that he was a crappy player and forgive me for not accepting mediocrity.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

August 8th, 2011, 5:33 pm
Profile WWW

Zack Follett is like an ugly girl with a bad personality. I dislike ugly girls. I dislike bad personalities. I may tolerate an ugly girl with a good personality. I also may tolerate a pretty girl with a bad personality. But combine ugly and bad personality and it's too much for me to tolerate.
Combine all of Follett's annoyances and it's too much for me to tolerate.

Did you enjoy this evening's exercise in inductive and deductive reasoning?

August 8th, 2011, 5:40 pm
Profile WWW

I've had more things shoved in my mouth in this thread than Jenna Jameson at the Las Vegas Adult Film Convention.

:roll:

August 8th, 2011, 5:43 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
So to reiterate... For the third time that it will be ignored, the reasons i dislike follett:
Performance
yes, Preaching
Trash talk

Performance: Really? you think that a guy drafted wherre he was drafted, ranked where he was ranked in the draft, UNDERperformed?? MAN you have high expectations! rediculously high! Do you hate guys who get cut or end up on practice squads for their underperformance the same way? or is Follett special?

Preaching: ok I can buy this

Trash talk: I can buy this too, heck I dont like Moss and look how good he is.

Trash talking (repeat) the QB then apologizing on Twitter: sooo you hate a guy who trash talks...then you hate him more for realizing he made a mistake and apologizing for it? hmm........

look man...it is what it is.... You are drunk on the hateraid. You are entitled to like whomever you want and dislike anyone you want, but you should come to terms with the fact that most are going to disagree with you because, based on your last post, your reasons are just down right unrealistic and not very reasonable...

August 8th, 2011, 5:58 pm

regularjoe12 wrote:
Quote:
Performance
yes, Preaching
Trash talk

Performance: Really? you think that a guy drafted wherre he was drafted, ranked where he was ranked in the draft, UNDERperformed?? MAN you have high expectations! rediculously high! Do you hate guys who get cut or end up on practice squads for their underperformance the same way? or is Follett special?

Preaching: ok I can buy this

Trash talk: I can buy this too, heck I dont like Moss and look how good he is.

Trash talking (repeat) the QB then apologizing on Twitter: sooo you hate a guy who trash talks...then you hate him more for realizing he made a mistake and apologizing for it? hmm........

look man...it is what it is.... You are drunk on the hateraid. You are entitled to like whomever you want and dislike anyone you want, but you should come to terms with the fact that most are going to disagree with you because, based on your last post, your reasons are just down right unrealistic and not very reasonable...

Oh my freaking GOD! Who cares about the damned draft position? You play on a professional sports team. Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th or 7th. Countless pro-bowlers have gone UNDRAFTED. Quality players are drafted in the later rounds ALL THE TIME.
Essentially what you're doing is saying, "Well, he's a 7th rounder so who cares if he is any good? Let's just play along and hope the guy turns out to be good one day."
NO. I'm not accepting this attitude. When he was given the starting position, you forget about all that draft status crap. He's a starter. Who cares if he was taken 1st overall or 101st overall? If you're given the starting position, does it really matter where you're drafted?
You make me sick with your excuses for him. "Oh, he did so good for a 7th round pick." BULLCRAP. You're a starter on an NFL team. I expected more from him. He hyped his own expectations as well. Quality players are drafted in later rounds and go undrafted EVERY YEAR. It's just sickening to hear someone make excuses for him.
Are you one of the fans that, "just want the Lions to make it to .500?" I puke in my mouth every time I hear something like that from sorry fans.
That's the type of accepting mediocrity I'm talking about. Excusing his poor performance by pointing to his draft status. It doesn't matter, folks. He was the starter. No longer a 7th round rookie.

August 8th, 2011, 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

To give you the benefit of the doubt I went to listen to these again and found some for March, am I missing one?

He said: "I don't pass the physical test," "I'm not ready for the NFL when drafted," "I'm going to have to try hard,"

I don't get any of the "I'm awesome" vib... am I missing the right one?

August 8th, 2011, 6:12 pm

steensn wrote:
To give you the benefit of the doubt I went to listen to these again and found some for March, am I missing one?

He said: "I don't pass the physical test," "I'm not ready for the NFL when drafted," "I'm going to have to try hard,"

I don't get any of the "I'm awesome" vib... am I missing the right one?

OK, so you didn't watch the tampon video when he was the starter and you didn't listen to the JRIB interview or the Jim Rome Show interview.

He went from
"I don't pass the physical test," "I'm not ready for the NFL when drafted," "I'm going to have to try hard,"

To
"I'm going to make the competition bleed," "Watch out! CHOO CHOO!!! Pain Train's coming thru!," and "quarterbacks are gonna need these Barbie band-aids after I'm done with them..."

That's the "I'm awesome vibe" that you're missing or choosing to ignore.

August 8th, 2011, 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

He wasn't given a starting position, he filled in as a backup and was not expected to perform any better than that. Injuries to the starters forced him to step up and he was expected to move back to the backup spot once better talent was brought in.

August 8th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next