View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 4:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What makes me angry about the Follett thing... 
RIP Killer

Post Re: What makes me angry about the Follett thing...
Yup... and seems to be the majority of the board seeing the reaction to his. Normally I wouldn't say that, but anyone can CLEARLY see that taking the effort to shoot down a fan favorite because your mad he didn't turn out isn't a good idea. There are lots of things I keep to myself because I don't think they will go over well.... if you think I don't hold back just imagine what I do! :shock:

August 9th, 2011, 10:18 am
RIP Killer

Let me make my position clear on what occurred in the previous (now locked) thread. I ripped into mineral and told him he was barely a Lions fan because when he made his initial post it seemed like he was happy about Follett getting hurt and his career ending. NO LIONS FAN WOULD SAY THAT OR BE HAPPY ABOUT IT. I stick to that opinion. You want to be pleased that he got cut because his performance didn't muster a roster spot, I'll be right there with you. But to express happiness because of an injury? Low class.

Now, that said, it was also stated that ZF was overpaid. Really? Not by a LONG shot. A 7th rounder playing on his original contract is about as low paid as it gets in the NFL, outside of a UDFA who didn't get a signing bonus. We've had plenty of examples of overpaid players around these parts. Follett didn't even come CLOSE to falling into that category.

Let's talk the stats that were listed. First, it was said "in two seasons". That's misleading, since he spent most of the first season on the PS, then as made the roster in 2009 strictly a ST performer. In his second season, he earns the starting job, but then his season ends due to injury. And all that is his fault because....???

I didn't think Zack was a quality starter. I also didn't think he was an OLB for this defense, and was shocked when they didn't give him a shot to be the thumper in the middle that I feel this defense needs. It's not his fault, he just played where he was told to. He played and played hard. He wasn't born with premier talent, he wasn't the most blessed athlete on the field, that's why he didn't get drafted until round seven. But he played with intensity and passion, which is more than I can say for some of the higher priced dicks we've had paraded around here (Roy Williams) who had the natural talent but CHOSE not to make the most of it. Yes, he spoke of hitting hard. Would you rather he whined about getting hit? As for keeping his mouth shut, well, there were plenty of Lions fans that ripped on Barry Sanders for being quiet. Pick a path.

You wanna hate on the guy for shoving religion at you? How did he do that, exactly? Did he ever PERSONALLY speak to any of you about it? Did he ever come knocking on your door about it? No, you went seeking him out, not the other way around. So using that as an excuse to hate on the guy is bullshit of the highest order. And even if you do want to use that excuse, is that a reason to applaud his career ending injury?

I could care less about Follett's religious convictions. He wants to make videos about it, that's his perogative. It's YOUR choice to go look it up. What I did like about him was his intensity, and some of the hits he did put on some people when playing special teams. Also, as a Lions fan for over 40 years, it is natural for me to root for the underdog. I think that's a given, for all of us.

So, to sum it up, if you want to be happy that Zack's not on the team because of his religious views, fine. If you want to be happy about it because you felt he wasn't talented enough to make the roster, so be it. But if you are happy about his getting injured and his career ending, then f*ck you and I hope you get hit by a bus crossing the street.

August 9th, 2011, 3:37 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
But if you are happy about his getting injured and his career ending, then f*ck you and I hope you get hit by a bus crossing the street.

Tell us how you really feel... ;)

August 9th, 2011, 3:49 pm
League MVP

lmao! ya know Mike...you should open up more! im worried you might be holding too much back! lol

gotta be honest...while I may not always agree with ya I LOVE your level of honesty! :cheers:

August 9th, 2011, 4:05 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
lmao! ya know Mike...you should open up more! im worried you might be holding too much back! lol

gotta be honest...while I may not always agree with ya I LOVE your level of honesty! :cheers:

It isn't called "Hard Hitting Detroit Lions Forum" for nothing.

And I never agree with Mike, well except that we both thought Jamarcus Russell was a great QB prospect (gotta try to drag someone down with me)!

August 9th, 2011, 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

It isn't called "Hard Hitting Detroit Lions Forum" for nothing.

And I never agree with Mike, well except that we both thought Jamarcus Russell was a great QB prospect (gotta try to drag someone down with me)!

That ball and chain will never leave you guys...

August 9th, 2011, 4:21 pm
League MVP

I do have a question that pertains to this thread. I was under the same impression that Stensn is, and Follett was never named a starter. While he did start it was only because he filled in roles of the (many) LB's who were hurt at some point last year. Am I wrong on this? Cuz if Im right and he was never more than a backup who got extra playing time, mineral really doens't have much of a leg to stand on....But if I'm wrong and at some point in the season he was named a starter reguardless of injuries....well then I can SORTA see his viewpoint.

August 9th, 2011, 4:47 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
I do have a question that pertains to this thread. I was under the same impression that Stensn is, and Follett was never named a starter. While he did start it was only because he filled in roles of the (many) LB's who were hurt at some point last year. Am I wrong on this? Cuz if Im right and he was never more than a backup who got extra playing time, mineral really doens't have much of a leg to stand on....But if I'm wrong and at some point in the season he was named a starter reguardless of injuries....well then I can SORTA see his viewpoint.

Sims was traded, Dizon got injured, no other LB on the roster had played a single down the previous season so he got the nod. He played 5 games making 21 tackles getting the neck injury in the sixth week. He missed on game due to a concussion or it would have been 6 games. He performed ok, but was a key special teams player. He was likely going back to backup again this offseason (clearly) even if he had played the whole year.

August 9th, 2011, 4:57 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

m2karateman wrote:
So, to sum it up, if you want to be happy that Zack's not on the team because of his religious views, fine. If you want to be happy about it because you felt he wasn't talented enough to make the roster, so be it. But if you are happy about his getting injured and his career ending, then f*ck you and I hope you get hit by a bus crossing the street.

this is why you're an a$shole.

I said at least 4 times, including in my opening rant about the guy, that I'm glad he's healthy.

Obviously, I've stated that his preaching was a small part of why I didn't like the guy, not the entire reason. Do i really have to go over again for the 5th time in as many days?

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

August 9th, 2011, 7:57 pm
Profile WWW

I hope you tear your groin trying to crane kick, Daniel-san.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

August 9th, 2011, 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

mineral723 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I said at least 4 times, including in my opening rant about the guy, that I'm glad he's healthy.

Obviously, I've stated that his preaching was a small part of why I didn't like the guy, not the entire reason. Do i really have to go over again for the 5th time in as many days?

mineral, I wasn't directing that last line at you, because you did make it clear you weren't happy about his injury. That entire post wasn't just about you. I read other forums, and there are people out there (unfortunately) that have said his injury was Gods way of getting back at him. What set me off on your first post was when you said he was overpaid. That statement was just beyond ridiculous to me. Your dislike of his preaching, that's your freedom to express. I'm not into someone pushing Christianity on someone else, but the fact is you have to go to his postings and his videos to find that out, unless you know him personally.

August 9th, 2011, 9:27 pm
RIP Killer

mineral723 wrote:

And postings like this show me two things:

You're incredibly immature

You're jealous of my martial arts background

Get over it.

August 9th, 2011, 9:41 pm

m2karateman wrote:
mineral723 wrote:

And postings like this show me two things:

You're incredibly immature

You're jealous of my martial arts background

Get over it.

I would be if I didn't study Moo Duk Kwan for 7 years prior to joining the 1st Infantry Division, son. I don't need to make it my screen name or anything, though.
And I don't wish people would get hit by buses for things they didn't say or even infer.

August 9th, 2011, 9:44 pm
Profile WWW

The only reason I would want people to know I studied martial arts would be if I was really insecure.

Looking back, it's kind of embarrassing to know that, at one time, I paid money for someone to show me how to defend myself.

August 9th, 2011, 9:46 pm
Profile WWW

m2karateman wrote:
mineral723 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

mineral, I wasn't directing that last line at you, because you did make it clear you weren't happy about his injury. That entire post wasn't just about you. I read other forums, and there are people out there (unfortunately) that have said his injury was Gods way of getting back at him. What set me off on your first post was when you said he was overpaid. That statement was just beyond ridiculous to me. Your dislike of his preaching, that's your freedom to express. I'm not into someone pushing Christianity on someone else, but the fact is you have to go to his postings and his videos to find that out, unless you know him personally.

Thanks for clarifying that, though it's easy to see where I can be confused... I mean, all of the rest of it was certainly directed at me.

August 9th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next