View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 3:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 What makes me angry about the Follett thing... 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: What makes me angry about the Follett thing...
And you all know that if he was hyping Allah instead of Jesus, this conversation wouldn't have happened. I could've freely said what I said and nobody who has a problem with what I said about it would've blinked an eye.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

August 9th, 2011, 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

mineral723 wrote:
And you all know that if he was hyping Allah instead of Jesus, this conversation wouldn't have happened. I could've freely said what I said and nobody who has a problem with what I said about it would've blinked an eye.

Probably right. I don't serve Allah. So, what would I care if you blaspheme Allah? You never know though. We might have a silent Muslim or 2 that view this board.

August 9th, 2011, 10:19 pm

BillySims wrote:
mineral723 wrote:

Probably right. I don't serve Allah. So, what would I care if you blaspheme Allah? You never know though. We might have a silent Muslim or 2 that view this board.

Believe it or not, I hope we have people of all religions on this board. I think a diverse crowd makes things interesting.
But now you're begging the question, why would you care if I blaspheme your god? I don't attend your church, probably don't live in your community, yet for some reason you're concerned and clearly upset that I just don't care about your god, as you seem to interpret him. Is he going to get mad at me and take it out on you? If not, why not stay in your own lane and keep being your interpretation of a good Christian and not worry about my opinion. Are you trying to score brownie points with god? I'm not so sure that's how heaven works. But if that's true, maybe that's why I've forsaken the popular opinion on god? Maybe I don't want religion in my life right now because I think your interpretations of God and Satan and Heaven are really illogical, even if they do exist. If Satan is real, I don't think he's a red guy with a pitchfork and a pointy tail. I don't think god is as judgmental as you are painting him to be. I think Jesus is more loving and forgiving than what you've given him credit for, son of God or not. If he really did die for the sins of the people of this world, I think he can forgive me for not totally buying into the book written by mortal men and living a good life in spite of my unwillingness to accept the Bible as it's written. I think the bible has been tampered with, to be sure. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the Bible is perfect, even though it says it in the book written by men.
I don't think the world is only 12,000 years old. I don't think God planted dinosaur bones to test our faith. If I'm really supposed to accept that God controls everything, including death and disease and pain and suffering here, dying suffering children in Kosovo that I witnessed personally, blown up by landmines for no other reason than whether they are Christian or Muslim, maybe the temperature is right for me in hell. I don't want to be among a omnipresent being that allows that to happen and does nothing.
So don't worry for my soul. It will end up where it needs to be, your comments notwithstanding.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

August 9th, 2011, 10:42 pm
Profile WWW

It's not like heaven is some game where the person who converts the most people wins and you make it to the bonus level for extra points. It's not like by pointing out that my soul is in danger that god will love you more than anyone else. And if you don't care for me as a person, why say anything about my beliefs or say something like "It's your soul, do what you wish," like was deleted in the Worst Player thread. Is that really going to put you in higher graces with god? By judging my soul, if that makes you a better Christian, take me to the fire and brimstone right now, I'll serve extra time.

August 9th, 2011, 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

I'm not trying to score brownie points or any works based salvation. I have already been granted eternal life simply by believing Jesus is who he said he is, that he died for my sins, that he rose from death and ascended into Heaven to prepare a place for me. Jesus did not come to Earth to unify it. Quite the opposite. He literally came to divide it. He forced people to choose sides. And one day, Anti-Christ will force people to choose sides: take his mark or go to the gilletine.

What I am doing is my duty as a Christian to try to show you what will get you in deep doo doo with GOD. What you do with that info is up to you.

August 9th, 2011, 11:19 pm
RIP Killer

Why on earth is this in the smack board section?? Moving to off topic

August 9th, 2011, 11:21 pm

BillySims wrote:
I'm not trying to score brownie points or any works based salvation. I have already been granted eternal life simply by believing Jesus is who he said he is, that he died for my sins, that he rose from death and ascended into Heaven to prepare a place for me. Jesus did not come to Earth to unify it. Quite the opposite. He literally came to divide it. He forced people to choose sides. And one day, Anti-Christ will force people to choose sides: take his mark or go to the gilletine.

What I am doing is my duty as a Christian to try to show you what will get you in deep doo doo with GOD. What you do with that info is up to you.

You're doing a really bad job at it. I see what you're saying about my soul as judgmental, honestly. If a Muslim came up to you and told you, "You've got it all wrong, Mr. Sims. You're going to be in deep doo doo with Allah."
Honestly, how would that make you feel? Would you think that person is ignorant for assuming that you even care about Allah or his view on God? I don't want to answer for you, but I know you would feel that particular person is ignorant. Understandably so.
So your duty to Christ, to me, is like a stranger's duty to Allah to you. You wouldn't want to hear it, you wouldn't care if they thought you were going to Hell. So I don't care. Just as you would wish that Muslims would keep their views to themselves and out of your mind, I wish you would do the same.
I don't think it's something you should be offended by, I don't think you need to defend yourself. I think my beliefs transcend any duty you may have to Christ or what another person's duty may be to Allah or Buddha or Krishna. I've seen the very worst this world has to offer and my conclusion is that God, as we have interpreted him, would not allow the things that have been allowed to take place here.
If I don't believe in your vision of Christ, I surely don't believe your interpretation of the Anti-Christ. Should I be faced with being on the side of evil or dying, I will choose death. Death doesn't scare me, your interpretations of God do.

August 9th, 2011, 11:32 pm
Profile WWW

Steensn:
I know you're dying to jump in here and derail this conversation I'm having with Sims, but I would really appreciate it if you didn't.

August 9th, 2011, 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

mineral723 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

You're doing a really bad job at it. I see what you're saying about my soul as judgmental, honestly. If a Muslim came up to you and told you, "You've got it all wrong, Mr. Sims. You're going to be in deep doo doo with Allah."
Honestly, how would that make you feel? Would you think that person is ignorant for assuming that you even care about Allah or his view on God? I don't want to answer for you, but I know you would feel that particular person is ignorant. Understandably so.
So your duty to Christ, to me, is like a stranger's duty to Allah to you. You wouldn't want to hear it, you wouldn't care if they thought you were going to Hell. So I don't care. Just as you would wish that Muslims would keep their views to themselves and out of your mind, I wish you would do the same.
I don't think it's something you should be offended by, I don't think you need to defend yourself. I think my beliefs transcend any duty you may have to Christ or what another person's duty may be to Allah or Buddha or Krishna. I've seen the very worst this world has to offer and my conclusion is that God, as we have interpreted him, would not allow the things that have been allowed to take place here.
If I don't believe in your vision of Christ, I surely don't believe your interpretation of the Anti-Christ. Should I be faced with being on the side of evil or dying, I will choose death. Death doesn't scare me, your interpretations of God do.

I've already done my duty as a Christian. It's my job to point out, blah, blah, blah. It's GOD's job to convict your heart into repentance.

August 10th, 2011, 12:00 am

BillySims wrote:
mineral723 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I've already done my duty as a Christian. It's my job to point out, blah, blah, blah. It's GOD's job to convict your heart into repentance.

This is what I'm talking about, sims. It's GOD's job or your job?
Let God do his work, you are merely a pawn. You never had a duty. The job is supposed to be his, exclusively. If I'm to find God as you understand him, it will have nothing to do with you or your righteous indignation. You only sway me further away from your own understanding of God by saying "god will have his way with you," but it's your own personal duty to tell me how dirty my soul is.
I seriously don't think your position on this is a Christian one. WWJD? He would let his father and only his father judge whether or not I deserve to be in your heaven.

August 10th, 2011, 12:07 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

mineral723 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
mineral723 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
So, to sum it up, if you want to be happy that Zack's not on the team because of his religious views, fine. If you want to be happy about it because you felt he wasn't talented enough to make the roster, so be it. But if you are happy about his getting injured and his career ending, then f*ck you and I hope you get hit by a bus crossing the street.

this is why you're an a$shole.

I said at least 4 times, including in my opening rant about the guy, that I'm glad he's healthy.

Obviously, I've stated that his preaching was a small part of why I didn't like the guy, not the entire reason. Do i really have to go over again for the 5th time in as many days?

mineral, I wasn't directing that last line at you, because you did make it clear you weren't happy about his injury. That entire post wasn't just about you. I read other forums, and there are people out there (unfortunately) that have said his injury was Gods way of getting back at him. What set me off on your first post was when you said he was overpaid. That statement was just beyond ridiculous to me. Your dislike of his preaching, that's your freedom to express. I'm not into someone pushing Christianity on someone else, but the fact is you have to go to his postings and his videos to find that out, unless you know him personally.

Thanks for clarifying that, though it's easy to see where I can be confused... I mean, all of the rest of it was certainly directed at me.

It was directed at anyone who felt that Follett didn't produce, or didn't earn his starting spot. The numbers that were shown for him, in regards to games played, tackles, etc. can be misleading. You weren't the only one listing those stats, as I recall. He had limited starts as a linebacker. To state that he played X amount of games and only had XX tackles can lead some to believe that was all as a starting linebacker, which we know isn't the case. Also, it was brought up that it was done in two seasons. Again, a misleading statement since he was on the practice squad most of his first season, and injured a goodly part of his second.

So, you tell me, am I wrong? Could those statements not mislead a reader into believing something that isn't exactly true?

I plainly stated that I was not impressed with Follett as a starting linebacker. I felt he should have been in the middle spot, where his lack of foot speed and poor coverage skills would have been better hidden. But I'm not going to fault the guy for playing with intensity, or expressing some intensity off the field. Yes, I agree that sometimes he may go a bit overboard.....so? That's no reason to hate on the guy. Like I said before, there were people that hated on Barry for not being more vocal. So....the really good players are supposed to yak it up, while the support players just keep their mouths shut? I don't see it that way. Calvin gets some guff about not being more vocal either. I don't think they deserve it, just as much as I don't think Follett deserved getting panned for being intense.

Oh, and by the way, the thing that bothered my about Roy Williams, since you brought it up previously, was him making the first down signs when the team was getting their butts kicked. Really? Your behind by 40 points, dropped an easy TD pass earlier in the game, and you want the fans to be excited about you getting a first down? That's not intensity, it's being a clown. I was happy to see Roy go for one reason and one reason only.....he stopped playing hard for this team. It was apparent to everyone who watched him play (except Jerry Jones, apparently). In my opinion, that's the worst thing a player can do to a franchise and its fans, just give up. That's what Roy did, and something Zack never did.

August 10th, 2011, 10:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6