View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 5:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 My top 10 for 2005. Pick yours 
Cheerleader

Post My top 10 for 2005. Pick yours
1. USC
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas
4. West Virgina
5. Florida State
6. Wisconsin
7. Miami
8. Michigan
9. Oklahoma State
10. Florida

April 9th, 2005, 2:21 pm
RIP Killer

I have to really look at who a couple teams lost (Virginia, VT, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, etc), but I think you've got to throw Iowa in the top 10.

June 21st, 2005, 9:30 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: My top 10 for 2005. Pick yours
safetyblitz wrote:
1. USC
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas
4. West Virgina
5. Florida State
6. Wisconsin
7. Miami
8. Michigan
9. Oklahoma State
10. Florida

I question Wisconsin being rated this high. They've lost the better part of their defensive line to the draft. I have to wonder how well the players replacing them will do.

Ohio State (much as I hate to admit it) could be in the mix as well. Good call on Iowa, C02. They were young last year and didn't lose many key players.[/b]

June 22nd, 2005, 3:18 pm
Stadium Announcer

safetyblitz wrote:
1. USC
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas
4. West Virgina
5. Florida State
6. Wisconsin
7. Miami
8. Michigan
9. Oklahoma State
10. Florida

Here's Mine
1. USC
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. Michigan
5. Florida State
6. West Virginia
7. Iowa
8. Miami
9. Tennesse
10. Ohio State (<--- That hurts)

June 22nd, 2005, 5:57 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

LionsFan54 wrote:

Here's Mine
1. USC
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. Michigan
5. Florida State
6. West Virginia
7. Iowa
8. Miami
9. Tennesse

I would have to agree with your top 10.. although I hate to agree with who you put @ #10. Man, I hate that team!!

NEVER GIVE UP!

June 22nd, 2005, 6:08 pm
Modmin Dude

LionsFan4Life wrote:
LionsFan54 wrote:

Here's Mine
1. USC
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. Michigan
5. Florida State
6. West Virginia
7. Iowa
8. Miami
9. Tennesse

I would have to agree with your top 10.. although I hate to agree with who you put @ #10. Man, I hate that team!!
I guess as long as Michigan is higher than Ohio State I don't really care, although I would like to see Ohio State come in somewhere close to last place in all of college football. violent5.gif

June 23rd, 2005, 9:37 am
QB Coach

What are you guys seeing in West Virginia? They lost Bryan Randall, Kay-Jay Harris, Chris Henry, Tim Brown, Adam Jones, their run for a title is over.

Oklahom State? No way. Not in the Big 12 South with Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M. They lost their coach, lost 4 of their last 5 and 5 of their last 7 last season, I just don't see it.

Wisconsin? They lost both lines last season, as well as their secondary to the draft. No chance in the Big 10.

June 23rd, 2005, 11:03 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

What are you guys seeing in West Virginia? They lost Bryan Randall, Kay-Jay Harris, Chris Henry, Tim Brown, Adam Jones, their run for a title is over.

Oklahom State? No way. Not in the Big 12 South with Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M. They lost their coach, lost 4 of their last 5 and 5 of their last 7 last season, I just don't see it.

Wisconsin? They lost both lines last season, as well as their secondary to the draft. No chance in the Big 10.

West Virginia - agreed

Ok St - agreed, they'll only beat Baylor. Not too tough to beat a team who finished 1-7 in the conference last year.

Wisconsin - agreed. Their D has been devastated. Last year was a fluke year.

Right now, I have a hard time putting USC at #1. I just don't think they'll 3-peat. Texas at #1 (Big 12 homer)...watch out for Iowa though.

June 23rd, 2005, 11:10 am
QB Coach

1. USC
2. Tennessee
3. Iowa
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma
6. LSU
7. Ohio State
8. Virginia Tech
9. Michigan
10. Florida

Just missed out - Miami and Florida State

June 23rd, 2005, 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

1. USC
2. Tennessee
3. Iowa
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma
6. LSU
7. Ohio State
8. Virginia Tech
9. Michigan
10. Florida

Wow Brian! Not too high on the Wolverines are you? I think Michigan is going to win the Big Ten, so there is no way Iowa or Ohio State will be above them. Also, we play Ohio State at The Big House this year!

Tim

June 23rd, 2005, 12:56 pm
QB Coach

Quote:
1. USC
2. Tennessee
3. Iowa
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma
6. LSU
7. Ohio State
8. Virginia Tech
9. Michigan
10. Florida

Wow Brian! Not too high on the Wolverines are you? I think Michigan is going to win the Big Ten, so there is no way Iowa or Ohio State will be above them. Also, we play Ohio State at The Big House this year!

I like Iowa to win the Big 10. They have the best team returning, with Tate, Soloman, Hinkel, a solid offensive line, and the best linebackers in the country. If they can replace their defensive line (specifically Roth and Babineaux), they will be tough to beat, by anyone.

As for OSU, they return 6 of their front 7 from last year, are loaded with seniors on defense (they have 10 returning starters), and have found a QB in Smith. If they fine a running game, they should be great. That's my only concern with them - their rushing attack.

Michigan's offense last year was Braylon Edwards. Hart disappeared against better teams (OSU, Texas), and Henne was throwing too much jump balls to Edwards, relying on him. He'll likely be better this year though. I'm not too worried about the offense, it's the defense and the secondary. Missing Marlin and Shazor will be tough, as well as Curry.

It's close though, any of those three teams will take it. MSU won't be a factor.

June 23rd, 2005, 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Michigan's offense last year was Braylon Edwards. Hart disappeared against better teams (OSU, Texas), and Henne was throwing too much jump balls to Edwards, relying on him. He'll likely be better this year though. I'm not too worried about the offense, it's the defense and the secondary. Missing Marlin and Shazor will be tough, as well as Curry.

I agree with you that Henne was relying on Braylon too much last year. I think that the Michigan offense can be even better this year spreading the ball around and not relying on one player. Steve Breaston was hurt with assorted injuries all year last year, but with him being healthy, he is a threat to score everytime he touches the ball. And some feel Jason Avant is even better than him. Hart is going to be helped out this year by soph Max Martin and freshman Kevin Grady, whom the coaches really like. Tim Massaquoi is a threat at TE.

As for the defense, I agree the secondary is going to need to replace some good players. But Carr thinks junior Leon Hall can be one of the better corners he has ever had. The other corner and safety positions are still being sorted out by competition in camp. But we still have some quality defenders in DT Gabe Watson, DE Pat Massey, And LB's Lamaar Woodley and Pierre Woods.

Tim

June 23rd, 2005, 5:54 pm
RIP Killer

...and the best linebackers in the country.

I think Virginia has that title this year with Kai Parham and Ahmad Brooks...but without Darryl Blackstock, I'm not so sure anymore. Vince Redd can't replace Blackstock...did Redd graduate? I thought he was a Sr last year.

June 23rd, 2005, 6:47 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post USC and Michigan
USC #1
Michigan #2

PLAY EACH OTHER IN ROSE BOWL FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AND MICHIGAN WILL BE THE VICTOR THIS TIME!!

August 19th, 2005, 4:42 pm
Profile YIM
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

2.) Michigan
3.) Texas
4.) Miami
5.) Oklahoma
6.) Florida St.
7.) LSU
8.) Ohio St.
9.) Iowa
10.) Tennessee