View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 11:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status) 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion.
Lions to scout Pryor:

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/08/10/1 ... eedID=3701

August 10th, 2011, 11:10 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

Due diligence. Like you said, we need a running back, right?

August 10th, 2011, 2:22 pm
RIP Killer

He'd be a heck of a power back.

August 10th, 2011, 2:28 pm
RIP Killer

Why would Pryor hold his Pro Day if the NFL hasn't ruled on his eligibility yet for the supplemental draft? And why would the Lions attend at this point? Could turn out to be a big waste of time and I think they have better things to focus on at this time.

August 10th, 2011, 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

For Pryor is a no brainer, why wouldn't you if there is a chance? No loss to him as he has t,o for his benefit, prepare for all options. For NFL teams... it is a toss up. Risk/reward...

August 10th, 2011, 6:19 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

He canceled the event because of the uncertainty. I doubt he'll be ruled eligible. Nothing drastically changed since April. He'll end up having to wait until he declares for the draft next year.

August 10th, 2011, 6:46 pm
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
He canceled the event because of the uncertainty. I doubt he'll be ruled eligible. Nothing drastically changed since April. He'll end up having to wait until he declares for the draft next year.

Can't argue that nothing changed since April. The latest thing from OSU was just to give him a chance... didn't work. I think he will benefit from some time in the UFL, CFL, or Arena league. I actually think the Arena League would help him learn about decision making and timing much better than the others but anything that gives him time to work more on his technique is better than nothing. he simply doesn't have the decision making and ability to make reads quick enough for the NFL.

August 10th, 2011, 7:23 pm
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Report: Supplemental draft could be delayed
Posted by Mike Florio on August 15, 2011, 7:55 PM EDT

With former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor trying to get into the supplemental draft and with the NFL dragging its feet when it comes to giving Pryor a final answer, Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Commissioner Roger Goodell could delay the supplemental draft for a day or two.

Goodell, per Mort, is “rechecking all the facts,” which implies that the NFL had planned to exclude Pryor, but that the efforts of lawyer David Cornwell on Pryor’s behalf have gotten Goodell to realize that the league will be committing an injustice against Pryor if it keeps him out based on the flimsy notion that Pryor would have been eligible to play at Ohio State this year if he hadn’t left school.

Cornwell, by the way, will join PFT Live tomorrow to talk about the Pryor case. Though I’m a firm believer in Pryor’s position, I’ll be fair in my questions and I’ll press Cornwell regarding the strengths of the league’ case for exclusion.

If, of course, I can figure out by Tuesday at noon exactly what those strengths are.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-delayed/

August 16th, 2011, 9:20 am
RIP Killer

I'm surprised the other two or three players who are supposed to be part of the supplemental draft haven't filed a lawsuit to make it happen as quickly as possible. With each passing day the likelihood of some team using a 2012 pick on them, and their chance of making a 2011 roster, gets slimmer and slimmer. Delaying that draft for just one guy is ludicrous.

August 16th, 2011, 10:37 am

I guess I agree, but filing a lawsuit wouldn't get them in camp any sooner. Maybe one guy could get drafted and two if Pryor is deemed eligible. More then anything, these guys need this to be over so they can sign somewhere and try to catch on to a PS. I'm assuming these guys need to be passed on by the Supplemental Draft before they can sign with a team.

August 16th, 2011, 11:26 am
RIP Killer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68731 ... five-games

Pryor is in, could this tell us his infraction goodbye has some meat to it?

August 18th, 2011, 9:35 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6873163/terrelle-pryor-eligible-nfl-sit-first-five-games

Pryor is in, could this tell us his infraction goodbye has some meat to it?

Pryor is likely in simply because the NFL doesn't want any further delays in the supplemental draft. It's not fair to the other players, nor to the teams. Not that Pryor would be concerned with any of that. It's obvious he's a "me first" type of guy, which is precisely why I wouldn't want him on the Lions roster.

Aside from the other fact that he won't be squat in the NFL.

August 18th, 2011, 9:53 am

He has to sit out the first 5 games though, just like his suspension was supposed to be at OSU. I like the accountability that the NFL is showing. Make him deal with his punishment. Is this a sign of things to come? Is the NFL going to start to enforce NCAA infractions on these guys? Pete Carroll, once again, ahead of the curve. Amazing.

Still, I don't want TP, and wouldn't put anything more then a 6th rounder for him, especially since he's got such a short time frame before the regular season starts, then he can't practice for 5 weeks. It just seems like more trouble then its worth, for this season at least.

August 18th, 2011, 9:55 am
RIP Killer

Lions aren't in the best position to take Pryor in. He won't play anything but QB, we don't need a development QB with our current QB's injury history. Someone will and can find a good fit for him even with the extra suspension. I actually find it repulsive that the NFL would keep a suspension going for something done in NCAA fantasy land and clearly legal in real life.

August 18th, 2011, 10:10 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Wayne Fontes wrote:
He has to sit out the first 5 games though, just like his suspension was supposed to be at OSU. I like the accountability that the NFL is showing. Make him deal with his punishment. Is this a sign of things to come? Is the NFL going to start to enforce NCAA infractions on these guys? Pete Carroll, once again, ahead of the curve. Amazing.

Still, I don't want TP, and wouldn't put anything more then a 6th rounder for him, especially since he's got such a short time frame before the regular season starts, then he can't practice for 5 weeks. It just seems like more trouble then its worth, for this season at least.

I'm wondering if this was a deal reach between the NFL, the NFLPA and Pryor's lawyers and agent so this drama wouldn't end up in the courts?

Quote:
It's obvious he's a "me first" type of guy, which is precisely why I wouldn't want him on the Lions roster.

And if he doesn't change, this will be why his NFL career might be short lived.

August 18th, 2011, 10:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next