View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 NFC North Watch 2011 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post NFC North Watch 2011
Bears first teamers look stinky in their first preseason game.

August 13th, 2011, 8:41 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: NFC North Watch 2011
Bills had 9 sacks. Run Cutler Run lol

August 13th, 2011, 10:51 pm

njroar wrote:
Bills had 9 sacks. Run Cutler Run lol

They literally played Cutler for one series. Guy is gonna be obliterated this season, so I guess they wanted to keep him fresh!

August 13th, 2011, 11:33 pm
QB Coach

Marion Barber looked like the real deal and Chicago immediately fell in love with him last night, he's sticking around there.

The Cutler is going to have a lot of difficulty in the NFCN, especially with us, and that's fine with me. Ehnderle or how ever you say his name, looked ok, but overall they looked anemic. They were hurt REALLY bad by their Center leaving, and Garza trying to fill in. So I can't wait for our first game against them, and I think we fans need to start taking collections to pays SUH's fines.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 14th, 2011, 3:45 pm
Team MVP

Whats funny about the Bears vs Bills game is the the Bears LT Jamarcus Webb said he couldnt match the intensity of Shawn Merriman..

Whats he gonna do when he has to face the intensity of Kyle VandenBosch?????

CANT WAIT.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 15th, 2011, 8:06 am
RIP Killer

The Bears as an organization proved just how dumb they are by allowing their best offensive lineman to leave over a (comparatively) small amount of $500k. Roberto Garza isn't starting material at guard or center for about 25 teams in the NFL. J'Marcus Webb at left tackle is pretty sad. He's a right tackle through and through. He lacks the kick to get out to speed rushers, and once he gets moving to his left, a quick inside move will be his undoing. Chris Williams moved inside to guard, so he's playing a relatively new position, and I'm not impressed by him regardless. Lance Louis (who?) is their other starting guard. Yeah....not impressive. Lastly, there's rookie Gabe Carimi at right tackle. Now, this young guy is likely to be very good for them, but the fact is that he's a rookie and I foresee Cliff Avril and LoJack getting past him on a regular basis, due to the fact Gabe is a better run blocker than pass blocker.

Brian Urlacher may want to make statements that the Bears are the best team in the NFC North, but the fact is their defense is aging, their offensive line is among the worst in the NFL, and their number one receiver has been shuttled out of two cities because he doesn't go 100% and can't catch the ball consistently. If it weren't for Devin Hester, this team would have nothing exciting about them.

August 15th, 2011, 9:01 am
Pro Bowl Player

Yeh M2k, can't argue with any of that. I didn't get to see the whole game, but from the highlights Cutler looked extremely frustrated, and the Oline is absolutely pathetic. New Orleans jumped all over Olin Kreutz.

Its nice to see the Mike Martz and Rod Marinelli "improvement" in Chicago :lol:

August 15th, 2011, 1:30 pm
Profile WWW

I really feel like this is the year the Bears finally fall apart. You can only draft that badly and make so many free agent blunders for so long.

Quote:
Lance Briggs asks for a trade, again

Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2011, 8:51 AM EDT

Getty Images
In a move that could cause some confusion as to whether it has been written now or in 2007, Bears linebacker Lane Briggs once again has asked for a trade.

“The Bears made their decision, now I have to make mine,” Briggs told Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune. “It’s just how the business works. It’s not going to take away from what I do on the field.”

And then Briggs added a line that would make even Yogi Berra cringe: “I’m 100 percent a Bear, until I’m not a Bear anymore.”

Briggs is entering the fourth year of a six-year deal that he signed after hitting the market as an unrestricted free agent, and after insisting during a season of franchise-tag money that he’d never play for the Bears again. In 2008, he accepted a six-year deal from the Bears — and now he doesn’t like the last three years of it.

We’ve got no sympathy for Briggs. He knew what he was signing when he signed it. And he agreed to commit for six years in order to get the kind of up front money that he was only going to get with a contract of that duration. If he wanted to be free again after only three years, he should have signed a three-year deal.

Of course, the Bears can’t claim to be surprised by this. Briggs is merely doing what Briggs already has done.

“Who doesn’t want a new contract?” coach Lovie Smith told the Tribune. “All of us would want a new contract. But still, you go to work every day and do your job, and that’s what he’s doing. I have no complaints about him.”

Yet. Though Briggs claims that he’s still all in, how can he truly be all in when he has formally asked to be shipped out?

September 2nd, 2011, 9:17 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Looking at every post we should switch the name of this topic Bash on Bears. :lol: . It's funny because still Bears fans think there the best in the NFCN they must have a better HD tv then mine because from my tv there lucky to be .500.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 2nd, 2011, 11:15 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Lions2SB2 wrote:
Looking at every post we should switch the name of this topic Bash on Bears. :lol: . It's funny because still Bears fans think there the best in the NFCN they must have a better HD tv then mine because from my tv there lucky to be .500.

It's quite simple really. The Bears fans keep living in the past. They like to harken back to the days of Gale Sayers, Walter Payton and Jim McMahon. They imagine that Mike Singletary is still roaming the middle of the field for them, and that their defense is one of a young, crushing nature. For whatever reason, they've gotten into a collective time machine and gone backwards, reliving the days of yore.

Then they like to pull out the "we won the NFC North last year" debate, without remembering that last year might as well have been last century, and that their team took steps BACKWARDS in the off-season, and not forwards. Two of their games were gifts from the referees, and they had no business winning them. Their aging defense got older, their defensive tackle position will be manned by other teams cast-offs and scrubs, and their anticipated #1 wideout has a very vivid imagination as to just how good (or bad) he truly is.

They also forget that their QB was put on his back 56 times last year, and that their offensive line got worse. They have a mediocre right tackle slated as being their starting left tackle. They have a backup guard that is now their starting center. Their biggest offensive weapon just got screwed by a new rule so his opportunities to score on kickoff returns will be far less.

But, besides all that, they are an up and coming football team.

September 2nd, 2011, 1:01 pm

m2karateman wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

It's quite simple really. The Bears fans keep living in the past. They like to harken back to the days of Gale Sayers, Walter Payton and Jim McMahon. They imagine that Mike Singletary is still roaming the middle of the field for them, and that their defense is one of a young, crushing nature. For whatever reason, they've gotten into a collective time machine and gone backwards, reliving the days of yore.

Then they like to pull out the "we won the NFC North last year" debate, without remembering that last year might as well have been last century, and that their team took steps BACKWARDS in the off-season, and not forwards. Two of their games were gifts from the referees, and they had no business winning them. Their aging defense got older, their defensive tackle position will be manned by other teams cast-offs and scrubs, and their anticipated #1 wideout has a very vivid imagination as to just how good (or bad) he truly is.

They also forget that their QB was put on his back 56 times last year, and that their offensive line got worse. They have a mediocre right tackle slated as being their starting left tackle. They have a backup guard that is now their starting center. Their biggest offensive weapon just got screwed by a new rule so his opportunities to score on kickoff returns will be far less.

But, besides all that, they are an up and coming football team.

You hit the nail on the head, M2K. I made comments on this story on PFT about how the Lions will be better, and they just flipped out. They also think it's 2006 (if not earlier).

September 2nd, 2011, 3:20 pm

As happens every year, I said this would be the season the Bears fell apart, but I was wrong again. :? It's amazing how such an old defense can be so good.

Now Minny on the other hand, look terrible. I believe McNabb had 39 yards passing. #-o

September 12th, 2011, 10:03 am
Tell me about it... I sat the Bears D in f football to start KCs D, big mistake... 20 point swing... Grrrhhhh...

September 12th, 2011, 10:39 am
RIP Killer

Much as we can't laud the Lions as being the next Super Bowl Champions because of one victory against Tampa Bay, we also can't say for certainty that the Bears are just as strong as ever. While Atlanta may be a pretty good football team, they placed like donkey crap and their offensive line is not the same without Harvey Dahl. I desperately wanted the Lions to sign him because of his run blocking and nasty demeanor. The Falcons miss him.

Aside from that, let's remember that the Bears are healthy....right now. Come the Monday Night game, I doubt that will be the case. Older players injure much easier......

September 12th, 2011, 1:50 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Atlanta has been outscored 78-33 last 2 games and only signed Ray Edwards on the defensive side. They're going to have to outscore everyone, but as shown yesterday, pressure stifles that offense, so I don't put much faith in the Bears win. Remember Buffalo beating NE 35-0 a few seasons ago? Every dog has its day.

September 12th, 2011, 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next