View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 11:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next
 Questions about the Bible, Jesus and Christianity. 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Questions about the Bible, Jesus and Christianity.
BillySims wrote:
Blah blah blah, I'm going to heaven blah blah blah, i joke about suicide, blah blah blah, i show nobody any respect blah blah blah. Here's some scripture, blah blah blah, I'm so righteous blah blah blah, I'm one of God's chosen few that are getting into heaven, so I can joke about whatever I want, blah blah blah. John 3:16, blah blah blah.

You're not the most offensive person to live, just the most offensive person trashing this thread.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

August 13th, 2011, 6:12 pm
Profile WWW

If you do have a duty to inform people of Christianity, like I said, you're doing a terrible job; misrepresenting yourself and Christianity. Who wants to follow someone who makes jokes like that? Way to lead by example.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Let us all bow and pray to BillySims, the righteous one. For he can make jokes about abominations and be unscathed by our Lord Jesus Christ. BillySims is the all-knowing, all-powerful being by which all other humans can be measured. He walks the line... He lives as a Christian - except when he's called out on BS.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

August 13th, 2011, 6:17 pm
Profile WWW

You all may think I've never stepped foot in a church and that's fine. Truth is, I attended southern Baptist Church 3 times a week, plus Sunday School. You want to know something else? Our pastor had a real job, aside from Church. Not like your fancy churches where you pay the pastor's salary. The money to the offering plate went right back to the church, not in the pockets of some suit with a Cadillac. That's real church. The pastor told the word out of the love of his own heart, not for money. Not some MegaChurch where everyone is fake, exchanging 10% of their salary for eternal life; where the preacher lines his pockets all the way to the whorehouse.

And I was taught better than BillySims; believer or not. I might be an atheist and doomed to Hell, in your eyes, but wherever I'm going, you can bet that BillySims will be seated right next to me. He is no better than I. He BELIEVES the word of god, but still writes things like that. At least I have the advantage of not believing. You can't be forgiven when your heart is rotten to the core. You can't just wash your hands every time you sin and say, "It's all good, Jesus will take care of it, since I simply believe the Bible." At some point, you have to come to grips with being an everyday sinner and give up the holier than thou attitude. We all fall short of the glory of God, so stop acting like your poop doesn't stink.

August 13th, 2011, 6:24 pm
Profile WWW

WarEr and Steen might be the only real Christians I see on the board. Yes, I think there is a certain ignorance to blindly believing, but again... I don't see them making that joke.

August 13th, 2011, 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

mineral723 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Blah blah blah, I'm going to heaven blah blah blah, i joke about suicide, blah blah blah, i show nobody any respect blah blah blah. Here's some scripture, blah blah blah, I'm so righteous blah blah blah, I'm one of God's chosen few that are getting into heaven, so I can joke about whatever I want, blah blah blah. John 3:16, blah blah blah.

You're not the most offensive person to live, just the most offensive person trashing this thread.

OK. Whatever. Nice quote of some goblty gook I never wrote. I have never claimed to be any better than anyone else. And I did not joke about suicide. You are greatly stretching the truth even saying that. I was comparing what I said to what Sly said. And how I caught more heat for saying something mildly sarcastic than Sly caught for a major league offensive statement. I was in no way joking about suicide. I was showing absurdity by being absurd.

August 14th, 2011, 12:02 am
Hall of Fame Player

mineral723 wrote:
If you do have a duty to inform people of Christianity, like I said, you're doing a terrible job; misrepresenting yourself and Christianity. Who wants to follow someone who makes jokes like that? Way to lead by example.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Let us all bow and pray to BillySims, the righteous one. For he can make jokes about abominations and be unscathed by our Lord Jesus Christ. BillySims is the all-knowing, all-powerful being by which all other humans can be measured. He walks the line... He lives as a Christian - except when he's called out on BS.

You are acting like a 2 year old that just got scolded. You are way over reacting to anything I have typed. You are accusing me of things I have neither said nor implied. I don't want you praying to me. And, once again, I did not make a joke about suicide. You are delusional in thinking I did. I never have claimed to be all knowing or all powerful. I have never even claimed that I walk the straight and narrow. I freely admit that I have faults. I do my best to live as a Christian at all times. If that bothers you, then you have the problem. Not me.

August 14th, 2011, 12:11 am
Hall of Fame Player

mineral723 wrote:
You all may think I've never stepped foot in a church and that's fine. Truth is, I attended southern Baptist Church 3 times a week, plus Sunday School. You want to know something else? Our pastor had a real job, aside from Church. Not like your fancy churches where you pay the pastor's salary. The money to the offering plate went right back to the church, not in the pockets of some suit with a Cadillac. That's real church. The pastor told the word out of the love of his own heart, not for money. Not some MegaChurch where everyone is fake, exchanging 10% of their salary for eternal life; where the preacher lines his pockets all the way to the whorehouse.

And I was taught better than BillySims; believer or not. I might be an atheist and doomed to Hell, in your eyes, but wherever I'm going, you can bet that BillySims will be seated right next to me. He is no better than I. He BELIEVES the word of god, but still writes things like that. At least I have the advantage of not believing. You can't be forgiven when your heart is rotten to the core. You can't just wash your hands every time you sin and say, "It's all good, Jesus will take care of it, since I simply believe the Bible." At some point, you have to come to grips with being an everyday sinner and give up the holier than thou attitude. We all fall short of the glory of God, so stop acting like your poop doesn't stink.

I have never once acted holier than thou. I have never claimed that I know everything. And I assure you that I will not be seated right next to you in Hell. If you go there it will be your choice. That is not my choice.
But, I understand that you aren't mad at me. You are mad at GOD for setting rules that you refuse to obey. You just find it easier to blast me with a bunch of false accusations than it is to do the same with GOD whom you can't see or hear.

August 14th, 2011, 12:17 am
Hall of Fame Player

mineral723 wrote:
WarEr and Steen might be the only real Christians I see on the board. Yes, I think there is a certain ignorance to blindly believing, but again... I don't see them making that joke.

Again, you are completely misreading what I wrote. Probably on purpose just because you want a "bad guy" to attack. If it helps you, I'll be your punching bag. Whatever it takes.

August 14th, 2011, 12:20 am
Hall of Fame Player

Quote:
Jesus is the creator. Jesus sets the rules. If you were Jesus, you could set the rules. But, your not. So, you have a decision to make. Comply or reject.

Somehow, I think this is the statement I made that has prompted this rant of yours. You can't refute it. So, you spaz out on me.

August 14th, 2011, 12:46 am
RIP Killer

mineral723 wrote:

This is a total misrepresentation of everything.. not cool mineral.

August 14th, 2011, 9:23 am
Hall of Fame Player

steensn wrote:
mineral723 wrote:

Yeah. I kind of laughed at that. For the most part, he described my church.

August 14th, 2011, 9:50 am
QB Coach

Yeah. I kind of laughed at that. For the most part, he described my church.

For the most part he described a lot of churches. The new phenomenah is the megachurch complete with entertainment. It can PROBABLY trace its roots back to the Societal Pressures of enterainment, but I can't be sure.

The TRUE church is that as represented by the Apostles and up into the 1st Century. Acts 2:42-45 illustrates that the best, I think. I think the book of Timothy talks about people searching for whatever their itching ears want to hear. So if you are church that is teaching the truth, and unwaivering, chances are you're not a megachurch. But then again, the Joel Olsteen used car salesman, high priced suits, and sow your seed money now is very appealing to a culture basing itself around plastic body parts, and appearances.

Did Jesus have any of that? No, seems to me He distinctly said, that he doesn't have a place to lay his head. Oh and we can't forget, Come follow me! As I've alluded to several times the body of Christ needs to get out of the pews and into the public. We become involved with people in our spheres of influence and we minister to them as they have need. We pray and seek the Lord about how to get involved in their lives, and then we be obedient to what He shows us.

Mineral, Pablo, and Sly have all stated atheist beliefs, and I can respect that 100%. I am not going to assualt them with the Bible, and I can understand why they might think I believe blindly. But I can carry them in prayer to the One who can change their perspective. And because I can do that, I am doing that. For me to attempt to use my knowledge and persuasion, only drive the wedge deeper, and push them further away; sometimes even becoming like the Christianity that is represented today. God is a God of relationships, He wants to know us intimately and the reverse is true. So my call to every other Christian, is carry them to the feet of Christ in prayer. Mark 2: 1-5.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 14th, 2011, 10:20 am

steensn wrote:
mineral723 wrote:

August 14th, 2011, 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

You keep talking about level headed post and having good conversation.. then you pull nonsense.

August 14th, 2011, 4:36 pm
QB Coach

This is for our atheist friends, I thought they might be interested in checking out this little video, and then discussing. For that matter, Christians might wish to discuss it too.

http://unitedwithisrael.org/awesome-vid ... -inspired/

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

October 10th, 2011, 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next