View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 3:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Urlacher says Bears, not Packers, are best team in NFC 
Modmin Dude

Post Urlacher says Bears, not Packers, are best team in NFC
PFT wrote:
Urlacher says Bears, not Packers, are best team in NFC
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 17, 2011, 10:12 AM EDT

Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher says he plays for the best team in the NFC, and the fact that the Packers beat the Bears in the NFC Championship Game and then won the Super Bowl isn’t going to change his mind.

“I think we’re the best team in our conference,” Urlacher said during an appearance at an Albuquerque elementary school. “I know we’re not the Super Bowl champs like the Green Bay Packers. . . . We want to be the best in our conference and to be there, we’ve got to go through Green Bay.”

According to the Albuquerque Journal, Urlacher (who will turn 33 next week) is in great shape and working out regularly, and he says the only thing the lockout has changed for him is that he’s staying away from the Bears’ facilities longer than he has in the past.

“It’s a little longer, that’s all,” Urlacher said. “Longer than I’d like it to be. I’m still working out hard — just not with my teammates. That’s the biggest difference. I’m doing the same program I would be if I were at the facility.”

So just as Packers linebacker A.J. Hawk is doing his workouts on his own while the lockout is on, Urlacher is, too. And we’ll all just have to hope the lockout ends so the Packers and Bears can determine on the field whether Urlacher is right about which team is the best in the NFC.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... am-in-nfc/

May 17th, 2011, 12:17 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Urlacher says Bears, not Packers, are best team in NFC
Those 2 teams are the top of the NFC North, right now.

Let's see what happens after next season. :arrow:

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 17th, 2011, 12:19 pm
RIP Killer

It is the Packs division right now. The Bears are one of those teams that you don't know what you are getting from year-to-year, I could see them at 11-5 just as easy as 5-11. To me, the division looks to have a pretty clear pecking order.

1) Pack
2) Bears
3) Lions
4) Vikes

IMO the closest spots are 2 & 3 right now and we all know how injuires can greatly impact the division.

May 17th, 2011, 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Pack suffered a ton of injuries and bears stayed healthy (for first time in forever). The Pack needed us to beat Tampa or they missed the playoffs and no chance to win the Super Bowl. 1-3 are all up for grabs. Its back to the black and blue division.... finally.

May 17th, 2011, 12:38 pm
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
Pack suffered a ton of injuries and bears stayed healthy (for first time in forever). The Pack needed us to beat Tampa or they missed the playoffs and no chance to win the Super Bowl. 1-3 are all up for grabs. Its back to the black and blue division.... finally.

Lest we not forget, had the call not gone against the Lions in the first game with Chicago, the Packers would have easily won the division last year. I don't think the Bears are all that close to the Packers in terms of talent, at all. Green Bay has much more youthful talent on defense. Green Bay has better talent on offense, has better chemistry between the QB spot on the other offensive players, better receivers (I'm starting to sound like a Packer fan, ugh!). But it's true. I don't think the Packers win the division running away, but I think the Bears are closer to being third or even dead last in this division than first.

May 18th, 2011, 2:47 pm
NFL Team Captain

I agree. The cards fell right for the Bears last season and they won a lot of games that they should have lost, but a win is a win and they won the North. I see the Pack as the clear #1, but I see the Lions , Bears and Vikings, about as close as they have been to each other in a while. It will definitely be a battle in the NFC North this year. =D>

May 18th, 2011, 8:02 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

lol @ urlacher

May 18th, 2011, 9:04 pm
RIP Killer

After this off-season, I wonder if that fool still feels the Bears are the best in the NFC? They've lost their best veteran O-lineman in Olin Kreutz, and replaced him with an underachiever in Chris Spencer. They replaced what was one of the best DTs in the game in Tommie Harris with yet another underachiever in Amobi Okoye, and their new number one receiver is none other than Roy Williams. Vernon Gholston, underachiever number four, was signed to a deal as well.

They lost their best receiving tight end because Martz is a jackhole. The lost not one, but two of their safeties in Danieal Manning and Kevin Payne. Their offensive line is a joke, even if they did add a solid RT in Gabe Carimi, and their receivers are not much better. Stephen Paea should be good for them at DT, but Okoye? Thought he'd be much better.

Chicago seems like an OLD team to me, with question marks dotting their roster all over the place.

In the meantime, the Lions are adding quality veterans along with their promising rookies.

No sir, the Bears don't look too intimidating to me anymore. I don't even think the referees can save their sorry butts this year like they did last year.

August 2nd, 2011, 4:15 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

m2karateman wrote:
After this off-season, I wonder if that fool still feels the Bears are the best in the NFC? They've lost their best veteran O-lineman in Olin Kreutz, and replaced him with an underachiever in Chris Spencer. They replaced what was one of the best DTs in the game in Tommie Harris with yet another underachiever in Amobi Okoye, and their new number one receiver is none other than Roy Williams. Vernon Gholston, underachiever number four, was signed to a deal as well.

They lost their best receiving tight end because Martz is a jackhole. The lost not one, but two of their safeties in Danieal Manning and Kevin Payne. Their offensive line is a joke, even if they did add a solid RT in Gabe Carimi, and their receivers are not much better. Stephen Paea should be good for them at DT, but Okoye? Thought he'd be much better.

Chicago seems like an OLD team to me, with question marks dotting their roster all over the place.

In the meantime, the Lions are adding quality veterans along with their promising rookies.

No sir, the Bears don't look too intimidating to me anymore. I don't even think the referees can save their sorry butts this year like they did last year.

I agree with just about all of the above..with the lone exception of Tommy Harris. Harris hasn't really been jack since his injury about 2 years ago. Personally i think Okoye is a little bit of a step up from what Harris is NOW..but everything else they have done since football started again has really got me wondring what the heck their front office is thinking. It almost looks like the Lions of 5 years ago with bad coaches having too much input on who they should pick up.

August 3rd, 2011, 10:50 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
I agree. It will be shocking if this team can go above .500

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

August 4th, 2011, 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

The Bears are going to get roughed up this season. They open with three tough opponents, Atlanta, New Orleans then Green Bay. Then they play Carolina, and then have to come to Detroit for the first Monday Night game here since the Civil War (give or take a decade).

That Monday Night game is going to be unchained in its energy and intensity. Bears fans better stay home. Ford Field is going to be rocking, and I think the Lions will feed off the fans energy. Two weeks after playing the Lions the Bears have to travel to London to play Tampa Bay.

Simply put, the Bears had a much easier schedule last year than they do this year. The Bears won't have a winning record. I predict they'll be (at best) 2-6 by mid-season.

August 15th, 2011, 9:28 am
RIP Killer

The Bears pattern is pretty obvious:

2006 winning record
2007 sub .500
2008 winning record
2009 sub .500
2010 winning record
2011 ____________

I'll let you fill-in-the-blank...

August 15th, 2011, 10:38 am
Profile WWW
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
That Monday Night Football game will be crazy, the Bears have no chance in that one.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

August 15th, 2011, 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

Lions2SB2 wrote:
That Monday Night Football game will be crazy, the Bears have no chance in that one.

I hope the Lions get the ball 1st and with the 1st play of the game, Calvin goes deep for a TD, walks over to the Ref to hand him the ball, and when the Ref goes to walk away with the ball, he can't go anywhere because Calvin hasn't released his grip on the ball yet. Then Calvin asks the Ref if he has completed the process yet.

August 15th, 2011, 12:19 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

I hope the Lions get the ball 1st and with the 1st play of the game, Calvin goes deep for a TD, walks over to the Ref to hand him the ball, and when the Ref goes to walk away with the ball, he can't go anywhere because Calvin hasn't released his grip on the ball yet. Then Calvin asks the Ref if he has completed the process yet.

THAT would be cool.....it won't happen, but it would be great to see. Sort of like in the movie "The Replacements" when the ref can't get the ball out of the receivers hands because of the Stickum they used.

August 15th, 2011, 12:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next