View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 3:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 It's going to suck to be a Bears fan... 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post It's going to suck to be a Bears fan...
I think this is the year the Bears finally break down. I love the city of Chicago, but Bears fans are the worst.

Urlacher is coming off of an injury at age 32. Julius Peppers is 33 and Tillman is 32 and Lance Briggs is no spring chicken at 29.
I think there's a whole bunch of question marks at quarterback and if they think they've found their savior in Roy Williams... Well, Lions and Cowboys fans might have something to say about that.
Mike Martz is only under contract for this year. Who knows if he goes batshit crazy and signs with another team? He turned down a contract extension in April. Hopefully he leaves the Bears' offense in a scrap-heap like he did with the Lions.
So I think one of the above players gets injured (I never hope for injury, but given their ages and the way they play the game... you have to think it's a possibility) and the wheels come off. I don't think they'll go 0-16 or anything, but I see them having a typical 6-10 season. I don't think they have the players that can play a defense that they are accustomed to. I think they are long in the tooth.
But we'll see. Plenty of time between now and when the season starts. I just think Chicago is going to be the surprise crappy team this year.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

August 14th, 2011, 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

Post Re: It's going to suck to be a Bears fan...
I know its only preseason but they let 9 sacks happen. In a Martz system....thats not a good sign.

August 14th, 2011, 3:13 pm
RIP Killer

mineral723 wrote:
I think this is the year the Bears finally break down. I love the city of Chicago, but Bears fans are the worst.

Urlacher is coming off of an injury at age 32. Julius Peppers is 33 and Tillman is 32 and Lance Briggs is no spring chicken at 29.
I think there's a whole bunch of question marks at quarterback and if they think they've found their savior in Roy Williams... Well, Lions and Cowboys fans might have something to say about that.
Mike Martz is only under contract for this year. Who knows if he goes batshit crazy and signs with another team? He turned down a contract extension in April. Hopefully he leaves the Bears' offense in a scrap-heap like he did with the Lions.
So I think one of the above players gets injured (I never hope for injury, but given their ages and the way they play the game... you have to think it's a possibility) and the wheels come off. I don't think they'll go 0-16 or anything, but I see them having a typical 6-10 season. I don't think they have the players that can play a defense that they are accustomed to. I think they are long in the tooth.
But we'll see. Plenty of time between now and when the season starts. I just think Chicago is going to be the surprise crappy team this year.

I agree with everything you say here except one....the Bears being crappy won't come as a surprise to anyone who knows the least bit about football. Last year the Bears got by on sheer luck and bad calls that went their way. I've got them going 7-9, and that might be optimistic. The only thing saving them from the basement is the fact that Minnesota will be worse.

August 15th, 2011, 9:18 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
m2karateman wrote:
mineral723 wrote:

I agree with everything you say here except one....the Bears being crappy won't come as a surprise to anyone who knows the least bit about football. Last year the Bears got by on sheer luck and bad calls that went their way. I've got them going 7-9, and that might be optimistic. The only thing saving them from the basement is the fact that Minnesota will be worse.

Agree.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

August 15th, 2011, 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

I personally don't care how much it will suck being a Bears fan. Just as long as it sucks. LOL.

August 15th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Heisman Winner

My cousin and his family are Bear fans. There is actually ALOT of Bears fans here in PA. I'm shocked honestly by how many there are. It's fun going over to his house and talking crap though, although week 1 last year was not to fun.

August 16th, 2011, 7:36 pm
NFL Team Captain

Unfortunately, they looked pretty damn good today

September 11th, 2011, 7:34 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

No they didn't, Atlanta just showed how terrible they were. AFter giving up a 40burger to GB in the playoffs, they send 6 picks to Cleveland for a receiver... Sound like Millen anyone?

The NFC South went 0-4 this weekend.

September 11th, 2011, 10:15 pm
RIP Killer

it didn't suck for week one. Funny, as Lions fans we seem to always zero in on the Bears for some reason and perhaps underestimate them. I was pretty shocked by the score yesterday, but sometimes matchups just work in one teams favor. We will find out over the next 15 games.

September 12th, 2011, 10:30 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
No they didn't, Atlanta just showed how terrible they were. AFter giving up a 40burger to GB in the playoffs, they send 6 picks to Cleveland for a receiver... Sound like Millen anyone?

+1

Atlanta played poorly. The Bears are healthy right now, but that will change after a couple games. I mean, Amobi Okoye and Henry Melton were made to look like All Pros in that game.

The Lions are a much improved ball club over the one last season that the Bears needed official gifts to beat. The Bears really didn't improve their roster all that much.

September 12th, 2011, 2:29 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
njroar wrote:

+1

Atlanta played poorly. The Bears are healthy right now, but that will change after a couple games. I mean, Amobi Okoye and Henry Melton were made to look like All Pros in that game.

The Lions are a much improved ball club over the one last season that the Bears needed official gifts to beat. The Bears really didn't improve their roster all that much.

I would argue that they made their roster worse...

September 12th, 2011, 5:32 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
njroar wrote:

+1

I would argue that they made their roster worse...

And you'd be right, in my opinion as well. Losing Kreutz and signing Spencer to a big contract was a monumental mistake. Atlanta didn't take advantage, but that doesn't mean the Lions won't.

Gabe Carimi and Stephen Paea could be solid players for them, but not so much right now. Chris Conte is a work in progress. As for free agent signings, swapping Marion Barber for Chester Taylor was a good move....but that's about it. The rest of their roster moves were bad, bad, bad.

September 13th, 2011, 12:52 pm
RIP Killer

September 20th, 2011, 10:23 am
Modmin Dude

LMAO!!! :idea: :arrow:

Joe Fauria, MVP!

September 20th, 2011, 10:40 am
Team MVP

That is awesome!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 20th, 2011, 1:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next