View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 2:54 pm



Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about him. 
Author Message
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
regularjoe12 wrote:
not true..the tea party is changing that....Ron Paul the #2 candidate?? He's been saying the same things for years..why is he so popular now? thank Sly and his friends.

There is some truth to that. We're moving the goalposts, so to speak. But sadly, Ron Paul has zero chance to win the Republican nomination. Personally, I wouldn't want him as President because I disagree with him on a number of things, but I'm glad that his fiscal policies are finally being seen in a legitimate light.

Honestly, the only three people capable of winning the nomination right now are Romney, Perry, and Palin. Dismiss my view if you want, but if you guys knew how much political activism I've done over the past year, you wouldn't question me on this. The sad part is that Perry and Palin may split the evangelical and tea party votes, allowing the "establishment" candidate Romney to win. Luckily, I don't think that will happen though.

_________________
Image


August 16th, 2011, 3:55 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
Just wanted to add a few more things about the Tea Party. Lately, VP Bite Me has called us terrorists and Senate Majority Leader Hairy Ballsack has stated that the movement is dying off. The only reason they're saying such things is because they fear us. But, their attempts to discredit us won't work and we're purposely laying low to be underestimated yet again. Just wait until the primaries next year when we boot the RINOs. That will get their attention, but it will be too late. There's a storm brewing under the radar which is getting stronger everyday and it will hit critical mass in November 2012.

_________________
Image


August 16th, 2011, 5:26 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2713
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
Yup, I keep telling everyone its way too early to start believing polls. Most people are laying low until it matters.


August 16th, 2011, 5:29 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
Njroar, you just made me think of something about laying low vs. using social media. Everything I do is via email or in person, unless I'm making general statements on a website like this. Anyways, moveon.org (A George Soros funded organization) decided that they were going to invade a Tea Party meeting in NJ last week and put it on Facebook and Twitter. They would have been much better off if they didn't broadcast it to the world. Needless to say, the Tea Party group caught wind of this and encouraged all tea partiers near or far via the same social media to attend their meeting and to come armed. This frightened the commies off and they never bothered to show up.

The moral of this story is if you're planning something big, don't tell everybody about it. Keep it under the radar and it will be much more effective. 2012 can't come soon enough for me. :wink:

_________________
Image


August 16th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer
User avatar

Joined: August 9th, 2004, 1:51 am
Posts: 235
Location: kalamazoo,mi
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
njroar wrote:
Against other republican candidates this early, he's going to poll low. As it gets closer, you'll see him rise some. But if it were Ron Paul vs. Obama, he'd win hands down.



If it were 'insert any ones name here' vs. Obama He'd/She'd win hands down.

_________________
I feel more like I do now than when I first got here.


August 16th, 2011, 11:05 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
Frok, I agree, but I'll explain it a bit further. The Electoral College determines who will be President and not the popular vote. Everyone agrees that any state that didn't vote for Obama in 2008 won't vote for him in 2012. Most people also believe that he has lost Indiana and North Carolina. It is also very likely that he has lost Florida and Pennsylvania. This means that the Republican only needs to pick up one mid-size state (Michigan or Ohio) or two small states (Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, New Hampshire, Colorado, New Mexico) to win the election. This is completely doable and I intend to do my part to deliver Michigan to the Republican nominee.

What's funny is that I'm able to sit down with most Independent Obama voters in 2008 for an hour or two and convince them to not vote for him again. I can't always get them to vote for a Republican, but I can encourage them to sit it out. Of course, this doesn't work on the diehard commies, so I usually don't waste my time with them. But, I have flipped dozens of Independents thus far and I hope to make it into the hundreds before the election gets here.

Give me liberty or give me death. I will not go down without a fight.

_________________
Image


August 17th, 2011, 12:56 am
Profile
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3634
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
slybri19 wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
not true..the tea party is changing that....Ron Paul the #2 candidate?? He's been saying the same things for years..why is he so popular now? thank Sly and his friends.

There is some truth to that. We're moving the goalposts, so to speak. But sadly, Ron Paul has zero chance to win the Republican nomination. Personally, I wouldn't want him as President because I disagree with him on a number of things, but I'm glad that his fiscal policies are finally being seen in a legitimate light.

Honestly, the only three people capable of winning the nomination right now are Romney, Perry, and Palin. Dismiss my view if you want, but if you guys knew how much political activism I've done over the past year, you wouldn't question me on this. The sad part is that Perry and Palin may split the evangelical and tea party votes, allowing the "establishment" candidate Romney to win. Luckily, I don't think that will happen though.


I dunno about that Sly. The Tea Partiers I talk to LOVE Ron Paul as a 2nd choice. their first is the same as yours...But she has to get around for running for prez before she can get elected...


August 17th, 2011, 12:45 pm
Profile
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3634
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
thats the thing..they have ALWAYS ignored him..but now he's ranked 2nd.

I've said it before, he has a very slim chance of winning but the fact that even though the press completly ignores him (the media even got called out on the daily show for doing so!)he's still more popular than ever. People ARE starting to wake up. Popular Media has lost enough credibility that those in the know are starting to get REAL information elswhere.


EDIT: the comment this was relpying to has disapeared????


Last edited by regularjoe12 on August 17th, 2011, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.



August 17th, 2011, 7:56 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2564
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
Do you honestly think a Republican in the White House in 2012 will be any different than an Obama presidency?

Because if you do, you're part of the reason why this country is the way it is.


August 17th, 2011, 8:22 pm
Profile
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3634
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
Blueskies wrote:
Do you honestly think a Republican in the White House in 2012 will be any different than an Obama presidency?

Because if you do, you're part of the reason why this country is the way it is.



um....yes..the RIGHT republican would be quite different than what we have. If you cant see the difference between Ron Paul and Obama, thats your blindness.

could you be any more defeated by that question? what are the alernatives? NO third party can even get 4% of the popular vote... it's either a Republican or a guarentee of the same old crap.


August 17th, 2011, 8:28 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2564
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
I've been a Ron Paul supporter since 2006 when I wrote an essay on why we should go back to the gold standard.

Only the most die-hard of Libertarians even knew who Ron Paul was back then.

I'm a huge fan of Ron Paul, and I'll register and vote for him in the primaries.

But there's no way he wins the Republican nomination, sorry.


August 17th, 2011, 8:31 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
Blueskies wrote:
Do you honestly think a Republican in the White House in 2012 will be any different than an Obama presidency?

Because if you do, you're part of the reason why this country is the way it is.

I would usually agree with you on this, but Sarah Palin is a game changer. If you don't understand how anti-establishment she is, you obviously know very little about her. She would clean up Washington and it wouldn't matter what special interest or political party you belong to either. If she could put dozens of oil execs and Republicans in jail in Alaska, just imagine what she would do once she hit Washington? While others talk the talk, she walks the walk. And people wonder why the liberals and GOP establishment fear her so much. :lol:

_________________
Image


August 18th, 2011, 4:20 pm
Profile
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
conversion02 wrote:
I'd rather not have a clinically retarded person as president, ala Sarah palin. What a complete f'in disaster of a person



I kind of agree... The only thing I have to say for her is she did a good job in Alaska, and she seems great at surrounding herself with good people that do great work. Still, I wouldn't want her to be Pres. I don't respect her intellect in any way shape or form.


Perry is my guy right now...


August 18th, 2011, 6:05 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2564
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
I'll quit arguing Palin, with you Sly. Because we aren't going to change our opinions.

Let's just assume you're right. Doesn't matter. She, like Ron Paul, is unelectable.

What's with the love for Perry? His Texas "job" record is a sham.


August 18th, 2011, 6:11 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Ron Paul sets sights on 2012. Ten things to know about h
What you people are failing to understand is that the libtard lamestream media ALWAYS attacks those they fear the most. They follow Saul Alinsky's "Rules For Radical" almost verbatim, so I can usually predict what they'll do before they've even done it.

Since the racist line wouldn't work on Palin, they went for stupid instead. Unfortunately, if you repeat a lie enough times, shallow minded and unintelligent people will believe it. For instance, Tina Fey on SNL was the one who said, "I can see Russia from my house", but most ignorant libtards truly believe that Palin said it. No, she did not.

Now, they're turning their sights on Rick Perry and Michele Bachmann since they fear them as well. Notice how they're ignoring Ron Paul and Mitt Romney for the most part? That's because they know Paul can't win the Republican nomination, so why waste your time. And they know that Romney is just another moderate RINO that Obama can easily beat, so they're hoping he gets the nod.

The libtard media always runs with the meme that a moderate Republican is the only one that can win the general election, but it's flat out wrong. That kind of thinking gave us Bob Dole and John McCain. How did that work out for ya? They also said that Ronald Reagan was unelectable and vilified him as much as they do Palin. That didn't stop him from being elected twice though.

History tells us that the libtard lamestream media will try to promote the most moderate RINO possible because they know they can be defeated in the general election by a Dem. Conversely, they will lie about, condemn, and smear the Republican candidates that they fear the most and don't want to face in the general election. Think about those facts the next time you read an article from one of those dimwits.

_________________
Image


August 20th, 2011, 4:55 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.