View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Miami (FL) Being Investigated for Extra Benefits 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Miami (FL) Being Investigated for Extra Benefits
Wayne Fontes wrote:
This has a lot more salaciousness then the OSU case, but Miami hasn't had as much success as OSU in recent years, and if the NCAA had any balls they'd pop a top program to send a message. But they won't give OSU much, if any, more then USC.

Miami is in some serious danger. This is actually a case where the death penalty is legitimate. Seeing OSU get the death penalty would be great because I hate those bastards, but they wouldn't have deserved it, even though they broke the NCAA rules. Miami had a major violation in their baseball team in '03 and if the NCAA can prove a major violation occurred during the 5 year probation period then they would have cause to use the death penalty.

In the OSU case, the death penalty was bandied about, but was never seriously considered. There is actually cause now for it to be used against Miami. Do I think they should get it...? If the NCAA is serious about cleaning up college football then this would be the first step toward that.

Take the time to read the article in the other thread. Someone is eating crow and admitting the OSU scrutiny was pretty much all for not and based on lies. OSU will get less than USC deservingly unless they find something new.

August 18th, 2011, 11:20 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Alabama Under Investigation Now for Recruiting Violation
Yeah... days later...

August 18th, 2011, 11:21 am
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
Yeah... 1 day later...

Fixed :wink:

August 18th, 2011, 12:29 pm
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:
Yeah... 1 day later...

I think we need to rename him spinsn!

August 18th, 2011, 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:
Yeah... 3 day later...

Wrong... now it is right, story came out the 15th that something was going on, Yahoo loaded their full report the 16th, ESPN finally found it important to put up the 18th.

August 18th, 2011, 12:45 pm
RIP Killer

If ESPN can report a game on the tops news section within 5 minutes and call it "breaking news" you would think the biggest scandal since SMU could follow at least the next morning...

August 18th, 2011, 12:47 pm
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:
Yeah... 1 day later...

I think we need to rename him spinsn!

Poke for fun, not really taking that too seriously... but I'm quoting third party who jumped on OSU just like you did and are now admitting their wrong. They are then pointing out the hypocrisy of ESPN and their lack of focus on everyone else while Yahoo shows great journalism skills.

August 18th, 2011, 1:02 pm
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:
Yeah... 2 day later...

Wrong... now it is right, story came out the 15th that something was going on, Yahoo loaded their full report the 16th, ESPN finally found it important to put up the 18th.

Who reported that? The earliest report I saw was on the 16th, so I'll give you 2 days (and this wouldn't be the first time the so-called world wide leader has taken their time on a report, you're just butt hurt because of the OSU thing).

August 18th, 2011, 1:10 pm
RIP Killer

I reported it to this forum the 15th, see that thread (this one is starting to be the Miami thread... maybe we can move this stuff there?)

August 18th, 2011, 1:18 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

As soon as the Miami rumor came out, it was on ESPN, I don't even know what all this talk is about. 2 days ago I remember seeing it as the lead on SportsCenter. Unless California has a different SC then in the Midwest, something is awry.

August 18th, 2011, 1:34 pm
QB Coach

Wayne Fontes wrote:
As soon as the Miami rumor came out, it was on ESPN, I don't even know what all this talk is about. 2 days ago I remember seeing it as the lead on SportsCenter. Unless California has a different SC then in the Midwest, something is awry.

The issue is that ESPN didn't feature the article on their website when it came out, yet they prominently featured the articles of speculation on OSU. When they showed it on Sportscenter out west, it had already become a big story and they couldn't ignore it anymore. Basically ESPN didn't want to feature a story that was broken by Yahoo and not their own guys. Or at least that's how it appears.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

August 18th, 2011, 1:47 pm
RIP Killer

I'm moving this convo to the Miami thread because we are talking about stuff where I have posted info showing ESPN not reporting this with plenty of time on their news. Didn't even make the scroll at the bottom.

August 18th, 2011, 1:58 pm

Fair enough, but every news outlet, NBC, FOX, ESPN, Yahoo!, BBC, is biased one way or another. Does that take away from their integrity? Depends on what your bias is, right?

August 18th, 2011, 1:59 pm
RIP Killer

Wayne Fontes wrote:
Fair enough, but every news outlet, NBC, FOX, ESPN, Yahoo!, BBC, is biased one way or another. Does that take away from their integrity? Depends on what your bias is, right?

When the bias leads to false reports, it absolutely does lead to integrity issues IMO.

August 18th, 2011, 2:02 pm

Post Re: Miami (FL) Being Investigated for Extra Benefits
RT @McMurphyCBS: Hurricane Warning: Mark Emmert tells USA Today: "I'm not opposed to [NCAA's COI] using [the Death Penalty]

Hmm...

August 18th, 2011, 2:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next