View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 9:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Sunday Ticket on PS3 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Sunday Ticket on PS3
Quote:
Sunday Ticket to be available through Playstation 3
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 18, 2011, 10:35 AM EDT
Japan Sony Playstation AP

DirecTV has decided to throw a bone to NFL fans that can’t get satellite service.

NFL Sunday Ticket will be available this year through PlayStation 3 for for $339.95. The package is aimed at fans that can’t get DirecTV because of where they live. (I fall into this category in my latest apartment. Damn high rise blocking my southern sky.)

It’s a great idea, and would be even cooler if DirecTV expanded it by making it available through Tivo and other services. That won’t happen because DirecTV still wants to push people towards getting a dish.

Current Sunday Ticket subscribers could also get it through PlayStation for an additional $50 through DirecTV To-Go. Hopefully, DirecTV has solved the enormous amount of problems and clunky setup of their online offering from a year ago.

NFL.com’s Preseason Live is light years better than DirecTV’s 2010 package and shows where this market is headed. For the price DirecTV is charging, they need to catch up. Either way, it’s a pretty cool time to be an NFL fan and it’s only going to get better.

Not sure if I can swing it week 1, but about time they gave other options.

August 18th, 2011, 10:59 am
QB Coach

Post Re: Sunday Ticket on PS3
Yeah I'm really happy about this. I will most likely be ordering. The only question I have is whether or not this will work like a DVR (i.e. can you record games, rewind during the game, etc)?

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

August 18th, 2011, 11:52 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Obviously I sold my PS3 right when this happens.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

August 18th, 2011, 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I've been grinning all morning--been begging for something like this for years. I've always been willing to pay the outrageous fees for Sunday Ticket but I just have too many trees in my neighborhood to get the dish. I hope the streams are quality.

August 18th, 2011, 12:53 pm
RIP Killer

i still can't believe how greedy the NFL is for the money - $340 to stream it through the PS3? What an f'ing crock. You can't even get preseason or nationally televised games (or local games). You live out of state like me and you end up getting a whopping 12 games for $350.

August 18th, 2011, 1:44 pm
QB Coach

conversion02 wrote:
i still can't believe how greedy the NFL is for the money - $340 to stream it through the PS3? What an f'ing crock. You can't even get preseason or nationally televised games (or local games). You live out of state like me and you end up getting a whopping 12 games for $350.

That's the same thing it costs to get it through the DirecTV receiver (except the promotion they have running right now). I don't know what you're talking about not being able to see games. I've never had a game I can't see on Sunday Ticket. You want your local game, watch your local channel. It costs you ZERO to do that. Where do you get 12 games from?

LET'S GO DUKE!

August 18th, 2011, 1:50 pm
Modmin Dude

I think Sunday Ticket figures out to be around $20-30 per game, that's not too bad IMO especially considering I'm out of state and I'd probably send at least that much if I went to a sports bar :cheers: . Not too mention you can usually call up and get discounts :wink:

August 18th, 2011, 2:16 pm
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

That's the same thing it costs to get it through the DirecTV receiver (except the promotion they have running right now). I don't know what you're talking about not being able to see games. I've never had a game I can't see on Sunday Ticket. You want your local game, watch your local channel. It costs you ZERO to do that. Where do you get 12 games from?

Since I've had sunday ticket for 4 years, I'll break it down.

zero preseason games (couldn't televise that for $350? - cheap a$$es)
1 MNF game
1 Tday game
a minimum of 2 local games (since I live in chicago, it's likely 3 due to the bears bye week).

Therefore, I'm lucky to see 12 games on Sunday ticket at a cost of $350. It's absolutely absurd how they keep jacking up the price every year. When I first got it, the cost was just under $250. Oh, and 2 years ago, you had to pay $50 extra for HD with the "superfan" package.

Oh, and I can't even watch the lions PRE or POST game, since it tunes in like 5 minutes to the game and once the game is done - that crappy blue screen.

August 18th, 2011, 2:48 pm
QB Coach

conversion02 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Since I've had sunday ticket for 4 years, I'll break it down.

zero preseason games (couldn't televise that for $350? - cheap a$$es)
1 MNF game
1 Tday game
a minimum of 2 local games (since I live in chicago, it's likely 3 due to the bears bye week).

Therefore, I'm lucky to see 12 games on Sunday ticket at a cost of $350. It's absolutely absurd how they keep jacking up the price every year. When I first got it, the cost was just under $250. Oh, and 2 years ago, you had to pay $50 extra for HD with the "superfan" package.

Oh, and I can't even watch the lions PRE or POST game, since it tunes in like 5 minutes to the game and once the game is done - that crappy blue screen.

I guess none of those things bother me. Preseason is meaningless. I watch about 5-10 minutes of each game, and I can do that on NFL network. To me it's worth it. If it's not worth it, don't get it. Simple as that.

LET'S GO DUKE!

August 18th, 2011, 3:00 pm
RIP Killer

If you think that paying PPV type prices to watch a football game is no big deal, good for you. I think it's ridiculous. I still pay it, because I couldn't NOT watch the Lions, but I'm still going with that crowd that thinks it's absurd.

August 18th, 2011, 3:14 pm
QB Coach

conversion02 wrote:
If you think that paying PPV type prices to watch a football game is no big deal, good for you. I think it's ridiculous. I still pay it, because I couldn't NOT watch the Lions, but I'm still going with that crowd that thinks it's absurd.

First of all, those aren't PPV prices. Most PPV events cost on the order of $50 or more. So that analogy doesn't work for me.
Second, I watch more than just Lions games, so it is worth it to me. The way I look at is is this: If it weren't for Sunday Ticket, I'd probably be at a bar to watch the games, and I'd definitely be spending more than $20-$30 watching the game. So, again it is worth it to me.

LET'S GO DUKE!

August 18th, 2011, 3:25 pm
Modmin Dude

Let's compare the options, shall we:

Sunday Ticket:
350/12= $29.17 per game

Local Sports Bar:
Beer & Food + tip = ~$50 per game

Tickets to game:
Red Zone (upper deck/nose bleed?): $42 per game ($30 season tix) (Cheapest I found)

Hmm, looks to me like Sunday Ticket is still the cheapest option :-k

August 18th, 2011, 3:29 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I keep getting thrown by the "12 games" comment. Are you guys saying 12 Lions games? 12 Games each weekend?

Sorry to be dumb. Never had or seen a TV with the package, but dont you get like every NFL game for the season. I am seriously considering signing up for DTV since we were about to cut our regular cable anyways and its like $30/mth for the 1st year with the NFL Season ticket Package for Free.

I am in So Cal, so I would be using it to watch Lions games that I normally have to stream from athde but to also watch games all day long every Sunday. Am I Wrong about how it works?

August 18th, 2011, 3:32 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

It's a high price but I'm willing to pay it. Sure beats watching crappy illegal streams on the internet or just having to listen to the radio stream.

August 18th, 2011, 3:35 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

He's saying 12, because he's subtracting the 2 games against Chicago, that he sees on local tv, thanksgiving which is national, and the monday night football game on ESPN. So he's only going to need DTV for 12 of the 16 games.

August 18th, 2011, 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next