View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Sunday Ticket on PS3 
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Sunday Ticket on PS3
DJ-B wrote:
I keep getting thrown by the "12 games" comment. Are you guys saying 12 Lions games? 12 Games each weekend?

Sorry to be dumb. Never had or seen a TV with the package, but dont you get like every NFL game for the season. I am seriously considering signing up for DTV since we were about to cut our regular cable anyways and its like $30/mth for the 1st year with the NFL Season ticket Package for Free.

I am in So Cal, so I would be using it to watch Lions games that I normally have to stream from athde but to also watch games all day long every Sunday. Am I Wrong about how it works?

I'm using his analogy of 12 Lion's games.

NFLST shows ALL Sun NFL games (up to 14 each week headbang.gif my wife is already starting to get twitchy LOL)

August 18th, 2011, 3:37 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

DJ-B wrote:
I keep getting thrown by the "12 games" comment. Are you guys saying 12 Lions games? 12 Games each weekend?

Sorry to be dumb. Never had or seen a TV with the package, but dont you get like every NFL game for the season. I am seriously considering signing up for DTV since we were about to cut our regular cable anyways and its like $30/mth for the 1st year with the NFL Season ticket Package for Free.

I am in So Cal, so I would be using it to watch Lions games that I normally have to stream from athde but to also watch games all day long every Sunday. Am I Wrong about how it works?

You would get all 16 games but not all of them would be on the Sunday Ticket. Two of those games are national games and aren't played on a Sunday (MNF and Thanksgiving). You would see the other 14 games on the Sunday Ticket. I don't understand the griping about not getting those national games on the Sunday Ticket. It is, after all, the Sunday Ticket. MNF is on Mondays and Thanksgiving is Thursday.

August 18th, 2011, 3:41 pm
RIP Killer

Would you get sunday ticket if you could see all your favorite team games locally for free?

and yeah, the first season is a nice plug, but after they, directv jacks up the price every year. So be prepared to pay MORE than $350 next year.

mwill - I'm talking about the blackout type BS. yes, it's sunday ticket, and the fact that I'm paying $30 a game, I should be able to get home or away broadcast. I don't want to listen to Bears announcers because the game's in chicago and directv can't broadcast it. The same goes for any NON-sunday game.

Just like how these cable/dish companies sell you a Foxsports package, which cannot show any MLB, NFL, NHL, etc games...so all you get is damn poker. They sell pretty much worthless packages hoping to sucker people into buying them. They say, oh yeah, well there's blackout restrictions, so pretty much all you get is poker. Is that worth $5-10/mo?

August 18th, 2011, 3:52 pm
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
Let's compare the options, shall we:

Sunday Ticket:
350/12= $29.17 per game

Local Sports Bar:
Beer & Food + tip = ~$50 per game

Tickets to game:
Red Zone (upper deck/nose bleed?): $42 per game ($30 season tix) (Cheapest I found)

Hmm, looks to me like Sunday Ticket is still the cheapest option :-k

What kind of bar do you go to? $5 pitchers and a burger/fries is like $25 for 3 hours.

August 18th, 2011, 3:53 pm
Modmin Dude

conversion02 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

Sunday Ticket:
350/12= $29.17 per game

Local Sports Bar:

Tickets to game:
Red Zone (upper deck/nose bleed?): $42 per game ($30 season tix) (Cheapest I found)

What kind of bar do you go to? $5 pitchers and a burger/fries is like $25 for 3 hours.

Dang! You're a cheap date! lolz

3 hours at 1-3 beers/hour = $5-15/hour
Nachos/Burger/etc - $10-20
Tip - $10-20

August 18th, 2011, 4:46 pm
Varsity 1st Team

conversion02 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

Sunday Ticket:
350/12= $29.17 per game

Local Sports Bar:

Tickets to game:

Where can you get a pitcher for $5.00?? I'm there :cheers:

August 18th, 2011, 8:04 pm
QB Coach

conversion02 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

Sunday Ticket:
350/12= $29.17 per game

Local Sports Bar:

Tickets to game:

I don't think I've seen $5 pitchers in years. But that's living in Chicago (in the city), Los Angeles, and Philadelphia. The bar around the corner from me would be probably $5-$8 for a burger, plus around $3 or so per beer. Add on tax & tip and it's a lot more than $25. Plus like I said, I don't just watch one game. I'm watching football all day Sunday. That adds up.

Regardless, like anything else it all comes down to what is valuable to each one of us. For me, Sunday Ticket is worth it.

Oh, also I'll add that I've had Sunday ticket for several years. Sure the cost has gone up, but so has the cost of their business, so I don't mind.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

August 18th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

conversion02 wrote:
Would you get sunday ticket if you could see all your favorite team games locally for free?

and yeah, the first season is a nice plug, but after they, directv jacks up the price every year. So be prepared to pay MORE than $350 next year.

mwill - I'm talking about the blackout type BS. yes, it's sunday ticket, and the fact that I'm paying $30 a game, I should be able to get home or away broadcast. I don't want to listen to Bears announcers because the game's in chicago and directv can't broadcast it. The same goes for any NON-sunday game.

Just like how these cable/dish companies sell you a Foxsports package, which cannot show any MLB, NFL, NHL, etc games...so all you get is damn poker. They sell pretty much worthless packages hoping to sucker people into buying them. They say, oh yeah, well there's blackout restrictions, so pretty much all you get is poker. Is that worth $5-10/mo?

Weird. I live in NC and when the Panthers are on, we still get the regular Fox broadcast. When I lived near DC we got the Fox broadcast of Redskins games too. And when I used to have Sunday Ticket, it was always the main network broadcast--never a local crew. Didn't know that some markets have local guys on TV during the regular season. I totally understand being frustrated by that. I thought that only happened during preseason.

August 18th, 2011, 8:20 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
It would be nice if they can get it on the 360, I mean ESPN is on xbox.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

August 19th, 2011, 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Lions2SB2 wrote:

But see, that's the thing, BOTH XBox & ESPN suck! :shock:

:wink: :lol:
j/k

August 19th, 2011, 3:14 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
TheRealWags wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

But see, that's the thing, BOTH XBox & ESPN suck! :shock:

:wink: :lol:
j/k

Oh pleasee...

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

August 19th, 2011, 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

Does Sunday ticket broadcast multiple audio streams? I.e. Can we listen to the game (players, hits) instead of the mind-numbing commentary?

August 19th, 2011, 8:28 pm
RIP Killer

No

August 19th, 2011, 9:24 pm
QB Coach

aughsum wrote:
Does Sunday ticket broadcast multiple audio streams? I.e. Can we listen to the game (players, hits) instead of the mind-numbing commentary?

No. It is just the broadcast of the games with the national commentators.Sometimes you'll get local guys, but usually it's the national guys (i.e. the Fox/CBS crew covering the game).

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

August 19th, 2011, 9:24 pm
Varsity Captain

That's what's missing from football.. I don't give a damn about Terry bradshaws weekend, or fun facts about the relatives of players... Just let us watch the game.

August 20th, 2011, 1:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next