View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 8:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 WHO'S IN CHARGE OF THIS FORUM?? 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post WHO'S IN CHARGE OF THIS FORUM??
I JUST WANT TO GIVE OUT SOME OF MY OPINIONS ON WHAT COULD BE DONE TO SPICE THIS THREAD UP!!

1. INSTEAD OF CALLING THE LIONS FORUM "THE JUNGLE" WE CALL IT "HONLULU BLUE"

2. CHANGE THE COLOR OF THIS FORUM TO A HONOLOLU BLUE WITH SILVER AND MAZE OUTLINING

THESE ARE JUST SUGGESTIONS AND I HOPE WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE WILL CONSIDER THEM!!

GO LIONS!! GO WOLVERINES!! FOOTBALL IS HERE!!

ANYWAYS...POST YOUR THOUGHTS ON HOW WE CAN MAKE THIS FORUM BETTER!!

August 22nd, 2005, 8:07 pm
Profile YIM
QB Coach

Make a rule against people posting in all capital letters.

August 22nd, 2005, 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Make a rule against people posting in all capital letters.

I SECOND THAT! opps, second that... :oops:

August 22nd, 2005, 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

okay fine. I'll start posting in lower case letters. But seriously, do you guys agree with the color change to honolulu blue? I just think this gray background is boring. Anyways...keep the feedback coming!!

August 22nd, 2005, 11:33 pm
Profile YIM
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Honolulu blue is a good idea, but would be hard on the eyes. Legibility beats philosophy of style every time in my book.

August 23rd, 2005, 1:51 am
Hall of Fame Player

Preston, If I'm not mistaken once upon a time the colors where different than they are now and more like what you're suggesting. However it was harder on the eyes and these colors where voted on to be a better scheme.

Somehow I'm reminded of an old girlfriend who loved everything about me, but, had all kinds of changes she wanted me to make about myself.

:?

I decided that no matter what I did it was never going to be good enough for her. Nothing would make her happy.

August 23rd, 2005, 6:35 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I don't post here for the looks of the forum, but for the ease of use of the forum and for the topics and intelligent posts. Honestly, I could care less about the colors or graphics...they only make the loading slower (graphics anyway). Sure it could be made all flash and be slow as a mother and look totally sweet...but when you go from post to post to post as a mod does - it would get real old, real fast.

August 23rd, 2005, 3:49 pm
RIP Killer

Preston, If I'm not mistaken once upon a time the colors where different than they are now and more like what you're suggesting. However it was harder on the eyes and these colors where voted on to be a better scheme.

Somehow I'm reminded of an old girlfriend who loved everything about me, but, had all kinds of changes she wanted me to make about myself.

I decided that no matter what I did it was never going to be good enough for her. Nothing would make her happy

LF57, I had no idea you once dated my ex-wife :wink:

adpreston, if I might be so bold, you need to relax buddy. I realize you are new here and have all sorts of ideas you want to share. That's good. But as a wise man once said, if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. We who are writers and poster on this forum that have been here for some time feel that content if far more important than flashy colors or tons of different posters. If you really want to offer ideas to 'spice up' the site, offer suggestions on articles or forum subjects. While we would love to attract additional readers, I would rather it was because of the quality of discussion rather than with glitz and glamour.

August 23rd, 2005, 4:16 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Location: Tampa, Florida...my pool is 90 today and it'll be 90 for Christmas morning!
We need to bust some muscle relaxers out on boy wonder here :) he's making me dizzy. I appreciate your opinions Ad but it sounds an awful lot like your taking a dump in what some of us feel like is our cyber living room. Have you ever seen the movie Hoosiers, "there are two kinds of crazy"....if you haven't hurry up and go rent it because when Jimmy Chitwood says in the town meeting"I think it's about time I start playin ball" it's classic.....if you have seen it than you hopefully know the scene I'm making reference to cause one of the crazy's "a guy is kinda forced to deal with". :wink: Why not chill out a little, give it more than a week :!: for GODSAKE and see how things go. I think you'll find that the people that run this sight do a fan-tastic job and the posters here really appreciate the design, the color scheme, The Jungle, and everything else related to Lionbacker.com :? ....... how's that sound!

August 25th, 2005, 2:11 am
Site Admin

hehehe funny stuff. Ad we did used to have a more Lionesque color schemed forum but for those of us at work it was reading it when everything was all "Smurfy" looking. Plus this is easier on the eyes by far. I really cannot stand all the pro sites that insist on having heavy team colors incorporated into the pages especially with teams like the Pistons. Hey, I love the old shool unis and all but when I am trying to read the superman colors drive me crazy. I am surprised people don't experience ceizures on the web. You have to consider how much information we are assulted with by simply going to Yahoo or wherever. Why do you think Yahoo and Google keep their sites extremely basic looking? So as to not distract one from the intent of the page and that is the material within. I go bo the same philosophy on the web. Simplicity makes the web more relaxing and I would wager that some of these intensly colored sites could be scientifically proven to raise peoples blood pressure just by surfing. Anyways its great to have people interested in improving the site so any new ideas are welcomed. But I know personally on this topic I am much happier with the colors we have now over the old ones. There are many great sites out there that I stopped going to simply because the colors made me new_Eyecrazy.gif

August 25th, 2005, 10:22 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Re: WHO'S IN CHARGE OF THIS FORUM??
adpreston1385 wrote:
I JUST WANT TO GIVE OUT SOME OF MY OPINIONS ON WHAT COULD BE DONE TO SPICE THIS THREAD UP!!

1. INSTEAD OF CALLING THE LIONS FORUM "THE JUNGLE" WE CALL IT "HONLULU BLUE"

2. CHANGE THE COLOR OF THIS FORUM TO A HONOLOLU BLUE WITH SILVER AND MAZE OUTLINING

THESE ARE JUST SUGGESTIONS AND I HOPE WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE WILL CONSIDER THEM!!

GO LIONS!! GO WOLVERINES!! FOOTBALL IS HERE!!

Slow down Turbo. I do appreciate the other post about not using caps all the time......makes me feel like I'm being yelled at. Honestly I would rather have intelligent conversation than team colors as these are easier on the eyes. If you are interested, I believe you can change the color of the sites you visit. I just don't know how, but apparently my wife does as every other website I visit is in another color now along with the letters.

August 25th, 2005, 10:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]