View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 8:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 New Rules, too many Flags? 
NFL Team Captain

Post New Rules, too many Flags?
Is it just me or are the refs throwing flags like their pants are on fire?

In the Lions-Browns game, there where 22 penalties called. More flags were thown but they were picked up. Network probably didn't have a commercial que up.

There several hits from this week that everyone in the NFL's offices are sure to want to fine the player for delivering the hit. The problem is the only hit that should have been flag was a hit that nobody noticed.

Rookies, Mason Foster and Rahim Moore delivered clean crushing hits in their games...both were flagged. Joe Haden was not.

Hayden's hit on Detroit's Javid Best, was a helmet to helmet hit which took Best out of the game. Not flagged.

Don't get me wrong, helmet to helmet hits are part of the game. But the rules for hitting a " defenseless" reciever, are total Bull Excremant.

If your a reciever running towards the endzone and your QB is not named Peyton or Joe, your hands which are attached to your arms will be in the air.

Now think about it, wouldn't you be "defenseless" ?

My idea is for a new offense called the "Roger". Send everybody downfield and then just throw the ball. If al of the recievers have their hands in the air they can't be legally hit! Their defenesless!

This is me from MFH! Until omorrow support your local bartender :cheers:

August 22nd, 2011, 3:38 pm
Heisman Winner

Post Re: New Rules, too many Flags?
There was seriously like 10 flags just for off sides on kickoffs by both teams.

August 22nd, 2011, 3:42 pm
Modmin Dude

Its preseason for the refs too :wink:

August 22nd, 2011, 4:10 pm
RIP Killer

I didn't get to see the Haden hit on Best, but if it was helmet to helmet than you're right, it should have been flagged and a fine should be forthcoming.

As for the defenseless receiver bit, I don't agree with it one bit. I watched the end of the game, and the penalty called on the hit on Joe Jon Finley on his TD catch was crap. The guy barely touched JJ, but they called a hit on a defenseless receiver because Finley had his arms outstretched going to the ground.

It's ridiculous. I understand wanting to protect players, but they are actually changing the very nature of the game and affecting outcomes in the process. I don't want to see anybody hurt, but these guys are getting paid a boatload of money to play a violent sport that involves contact. You wanna add safety measures via better equipment? Fine. But the defenseless receiver contact penalty is a joke of the highest magnitude.

August 22nd, 2011, 4:15 pm
NFL Team Captain

That's what I ment to say! :cheers:

August 22nd, 2011, 7:38 pm
NFL Team Captain

Question is what can the fan's do about it other than stop buying tickets, which will never happen.

August 22nd, 2011, 7:39 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

jomo269 wrote:
Question is what can the fan's do about it other than stop buying tickets, which will never happen.

actually we can complain. if enough people do, they will listen. "the sqeaky wheel gets the oil". it's going to take a LOT of feedback, but ultimatly the NFL is a coorporation and coorperations ultimatly listen to feedback.

August 27th, 2011, 12:26 pm
Hall of Fame Player

jomo269 wrote:
Is it just me or are the refs throwing flags like their pants are on fire?

In the Lions-Browns game, there where 22 penalties called. More flags were thown but they were picked up. Network probably didn't have a commercial que up.

There several hits from this week that everyone in the NFL's offices are sure to want to fine the player for delivering the hit. The problem is the only hit that should have been flag was a hit that nobody noticed.

Rookies, Mason Foster and Rahim Moore delivered clean crushing hits in their games...both were flagged. Joe Haden was not.

Hayden's hit on Detroit's Javid Best, was a helmet to helmet hit which took Best out of the game. Not flagged.

Don't get me wrong, helmet to helmet hits are part of the game. But the rules for hitting a " defenseless" reciever, are total Bull Excremant.

If your a reciever running towards the endzone and your QB is not named Peyton or Joe, your hands which are attached to your arms will be in the air.

Now think about it, wouldn't you be "defenseless" ?

My idea is for a new offense called the "Roger". Send everybody downfield and then just throw the ball. If al of the recievers have their hands in the air they can't be legally hit! Their defenesless!

This is me from MFH! Until omorrow support your local bartender :cheers:

The Referee crew that worked the Lions - Browns game are notorious for breaking their own record for flags. I think they eat a lot of cheese and get themselves all anal retented before each game.

August 27th, 2011, 3:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]