View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 4:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Vernon Gholston 
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Vernon Gholston
PFT wrote:
Gholston may not get “fair chance” in Chicago
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 23, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT

Bears defensive end Vernon Gholston complained Monday night that he never got a “fair chance” from Rex Ryan in New York.

We’d argue that Gholston got more chances than most NFL players because of his draft pedigree. The Bears didn’t select Gholston, which is why we suspect he may not even make the team’s roster.

Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo called the No. 3 defensive end spot a “concern” with Corey Wooten injured. Undrafted rookie Mario Addison has received more buzz than Gholston in camp. Nick Reed played ahead of Addison and Gholston on Monday night.

The team may also move defensive tackle Henry Melton outside to end. Basically, the Bears look like they are trying to do whatever possible to avoid playing Gholston.

“The former Jets’ first-round pick showed off little more than a chiseled physique during three weeks at Olivet Nazarene University,” Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune writes.

That probably sounds familiar to Jets fans and coach Rex Ryan.

“My concern was to make the NY Jets a better defense . . . not just one player,” Ryan said via the New York Daily News when asked about Gholston’s remarks. “I’m confused because I think I’m fair.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-chicago/

Joe Fauria, MVP!

August 23rd, 2011, 1:46 pm
RIP Killer

Evidently he hasn't proven himself very well in camp so I think he is the one holding himself back at this point. Marinelli will play the best players...

August 23rd, 2011, 3:05 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Marinelli will play the best players...

yeah, like Dwayne White and Ike Alama-Francis?

August 23rd, 2011, 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:

Sadely... they were our best players... ;) But we didn't play AF, he sat on the bench mostly not doing anything...

White did well at first, then slumped.

August 23rd, 2011, 3:41 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

steensn wrote:
Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:

Sadely... they were our best players... ;) But we didn't play AF, he sat on the bench mostly not doing anything...

White did well at first, then slumped.

You mean Rod is not coaching him up, must be something with his pad level :roll:

August 23rd, 2011, 6:09 pm
RIP Killer

Gholston is yet another in a long line of players taken in the first round who think they "deserve" to play just because of who they are and where they were taken. Nothing is their fault, the world is against them, and they were never treated fairly or with proper respect.

Sorry, but typical crap for a player with an inflated sense of entitlement. It's the same reason Jonathan Baldwin got his taint handed to him by Thomas Jones in KC. That's another first round douchebag who will never make it in the NFL.

August 23rd, 2011, 8:43 pm
RIP Killer

Frankly speaking, we don't have enough info to know whether or not he has that bad of an attitude or not. He just may not be that good...

August 23rd, 2011, 8:55 pm
steensn wrote:
Frankly speaking, we don't have enough info to know whether or not he has that bad of an attitude or not. He just may not be that good...

It sounds like at the very least he hasn't been that hard of a worker since coming out of college. That in and of itself reeks of a poor attitude. It sounds like he got a fat paycheck via his signing bonus and fell off of the radar.

August 23rd, 2011, 9:53 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:

Sorry, but there's more than enough evidence in my opinion. In two years with the Jets, he records ZERO sacks. He was taken expressly for that purpose. The Jets one weakness on their defense during that time was not having an outstanding outside pass rusher. Rex Ryan is widely considered a "players coach", and gives his players every opportunity to win their jobs. Now he's in Chicago, with yet another coach who players adore in the form of Marinelli, and he is still crying foul?

As a wise man once said, the cream rises to the top. It seems to me Gholston is the crap that sinks to the bottom that needs to be scraped off at the end of the day.

August 24th, 2011, 8:27 am
League MVP

Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:

Dont hate! Dwayne White played very well for us! i was a fan...on the rare occasion that he was healthy.

August 27th, 2011, 12:23 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

OSU players are the worst.

August 27th, 2011, 2:42 pm
RIP Killer

:roll:

August 27th, 2011, 3:47 pm
QB Coach

thelomasbrowns wrote:
OSU players are the worst.

Yeah, that Chris Spielman was a real turd.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

August 27th, 2011, 4:06 pm
RIP Killer

Don't forget the 8 hall of famers of the likes of the Lions very own Dick LeBeau and the laundry list of probowlers just like um...

August 27th, 2011, 6:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3