View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 6:42 am



Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status) 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
grgrundge wrote:
First TPs lawyer said they were going to appeal his suspension, then TP said Saturday that he wasn't going to appeal, and then last night during an interview during Monday night football TP said he was going to check with Mr. Davis to see what he wanted him to do. Is Al Davis the player rep for the Raiders?


If we learned anything about TP, it is that he is there to people please. He will honestyl take advice from almost anyone as long as he thinks it is a means to his goal. He had to show he was willing to take responcability for drafting purposes to show maturity, but now that he is in contract negotiation stages he needs to show he'll take one for the team.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


August 23rd, 2011, 9:49 am
Profile
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
"People pleaser" is a pretty dam funny moniker... it conjures up images of him on his... Oh never mind... I won't go there...


TP has never had a backbone, he's never had a moral or ethical stance on anything. He squirms around and does what he's told is best by shady characters around him that do not have his best interest in mind. IMO that is why he and his football career will never amount to anything.


August 23rd, 2011, 10:37 am
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
Maybe maybe not, but not all his advice has come from "shaddy" characters mind you, though some has.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


August 23rd, 2011, 10:59 am
Profile
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
steensn wrote:
Maybe maybe not, but not all his advice has come from "shaddy" characters mind you, though some has.



ALL of his advice came from inexperienced people that had no business advising him in the first place, and I would argue that nearly all of the advice that he received was in their best interest, not his.


August 23rd, 2011, 1:56 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
Can argue the case for sure... but we can't tell motives. I can honestly say there is no reason to question Tressel's motives as the NCAA reinforced the idea that they felt he was acting in the players best interest. I know you are going to disagree, but everyone close to the situation has that feeling and their opinion is all that matters, not ours.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


August 23rd, 2011, 3:04 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
He's officially still not appealing so you guys can lay of his nuts on waffling.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


August 24th, 2011, 9:49 am
Profile
Color Commentator - John Madden
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2007, 3:21 am
Posts: 1919
Location: A2
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
But if Al Davis wants him to, he will, or so he said on Monday Night Football. Then Drew Rosenhaus said he won't.

_________________
Forward down the field!


August 24th, 2011, 11:15 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
steensn wrote:
He's officially still not appealing so you guys can lay of his nuts on waffling.


Why? Because he hasn't waffled in the past? Or because he might have finally made up his mind (or had it made up for him) on this issue?

Honestly.....how can you sit there and tell everyone on this forum you don't have a bias with OSU players when you make comments like this? Combine this with your recent defense of Vernon Gholston in another thread, and it becomes obvious....and sad, really.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


August 24th, 2011, 11:17 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
Because I make the same comments redarding non OSU issues. Again, you are saying "Because you say this abou an OSU player" yet you FAIL over and over to recognize that I'm not making special replies regarding him because he played for OSU. You have to show BIAS in my responce... the opposite is true. That is the issue here... but you guys continually ignore the rest of my post and focus on the fact he is an OSU player. Go take the time to see me defending politicians and other people THEN get back to me with this ignorant comments.

Replace Vernon and Pryor with anyone and you'll see the same responce. You are combining ONLY the two OSU situations. What about Kevin Smith not being lazy... you ignore that one because you agreed with me but I fought back with the same vigor as this and Vernon... actually less on Vernon than Smith.

It's nonsense m2k, you are picking and choosing to suppot your opinion. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean you have to make lazy arguments and red herrings. Man up and focus on the facts.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


August 24th, 2011, 11:27 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3107
Location: London, UK
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
steensn wrote:
Because I make the same comments redarding non OSU issues. Again, you are saying "Because you say this abou an OSU player" yet you FAIL over and over to recognize that I'm not making special replies regarding him because he played for OSU. You have to show BIAS in my responce... the opposite is true. That is the issue here... but you guys continually ignore the rest of my post and focus on the fact he is an OSU player. Go take the time to see me defending politicians and other people THEN get back to me with this ignorant comments.

Replace Vernon and Pryor with anyone and you'll see the same responce. You are combining ONLY the two OSU situations. What about Kevin Smith not being lazy... you ignore that one because you agreed with me but I fought back with the same vigor as this and Vernon... actually less on Vernon than Smith.

It's nonsense m2k, you are picking and choosing to suppot your opinion. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean you have to make lazy arguments and red herrings. Man up and focus on the facts.

I agree with steensn here. He's consistent in his standpoint. I don't always agree with him, but he is generally consistent in how he views things.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.


August 24th, 2011, 11:38 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9373
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
and Troy Smith never got a fair shot at QB in the NFL either. :lol:

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


August 24th, 2011, 11:41 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
He did as a 49er and he had a better winning percentage than Alex. Irony...

The thing was, everyone at least upped their opinion of him from srub to a good backup at minimum. So I rest my case on that one...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


August 24th, 2011, 11:45 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
steensn wrote:
Because I make the same comments redarding non OSU issues. Again, you are saying "Because you say this abou an OSU player" yet you FAIL over and over to recognize that I'm not making special replies regarding him because he played for OSU. You have to show BIAS in my responce... the opposite is true. That is the issue here... but you guys continually ignore the rest of my post and focus on the fact he is an OSU player. Go take the time to see me defending politicians and other people THEN get back to me with this ignorant comments.

Replace Vernon and Pryor with anyone and you'll see the same responce. You are combining ONLY the two OSU situations. What about Kevin Smith not being lazy... you ignore that one because you agreed with me but I fought back with the same vigor as this and Vernon... actually less on Vernon than Smith.

It's nonsense m2k, you are picking and choosing to suppot your opinion. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean you have to make lazy arguments and red herrings. Man up and focus on the facts.


Then PLEASE point out to me where you have staunchly defended to this degree other players or coaches like you have with Tressel or Pryor. Please show me where you have defended players that haven't attended OSU with post after post defending their actions, or defending their character.

I, for one, have yet to see that level of support from you for a non-OSU player, particularly one that is not on the Lions. The fact that there are multiple posters on here who see the same thing I do, tells you all you need to know.

As for the Kevin Smith thing.....how many posts were there for you in his defense? And how many people were actually pushing the idea that he was lazy? Anybody who knows football understands it wasn't laziness, it's a sheer lack of talent that caused his downfall. Just because a couple posters come in and make a foolish statement doesn't mean you rushed to his side when none others would. Plenty of us defended him. You are pretty much the lone wolf on the Pryor and Tressel ordeal......and from all accounts with Gholston as well.

You want facts.....Gholston was a high first round pick whose done nothing since taken. He has blamed his coach for his own failures. Tell me where I'm wrong. Tell me where he hasn't gotten a shot at being the starter. Now he's starting to rumble about the same thing in Chicago? I see a pattern there. Why don't you?

Pryor.....did he NOT say he would remain at OSU? Did he then leave OSU? Did he NOT accept things he KNEW he wasn't supposed to? Did he NOT say he wanted to play QB? Then he changed his tune to say he'd play anywhere, but preferred QB? Did he NOT say he would accept the NFL suspension? Then said he'd appeal? Now saying he won't? But you want to make a statement about people leaving him alone about his "waffling" because he hasn't changed his mind in the past 24 hours? I guess that makes him a stalwart of decision making, in your eyes.

I don't agree with the NFL suspension of Pryor, at all, just to make things clear. I think it's utterly ridiculous that the NFL feels it has to enact a disciplinary sentence on a player who did nothing wrong while under contract with an NFL team. If that is the case, there are dozens of players and coaches that the NFL should be handing out some SERIOUS suspensions to, Pete Carroll foremost among them, with Reggie Bush close behind. And I also agree that there were things that Pryor was rumored to have done that turned out to be untrue. However, he has admitted that he made a mistake, and Tressell also knew about that mistake and tried to cover it up.

It's one thing to at least admit you have a bias towards those players. That's your alma mater, and that's understandable. But to sit there and say you don't have that bias at this point...... [-X

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


August 24th, 2011, 11:54 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11932
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
m2karateman wrote:
It's one thing to at least admit you have a bias towards those players. That's your alma mater, and that's understandable. But to sit there and say you don't have that bias at this point...... [-X

That's the really funny part, I don't think it IS his alma mater

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


August 24th, 2011, 11:57 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
I agree with steensn here. He's consistent in his standpoint. I don't always agree with him, but he is generally consistent in how he views things.


Not once have I said steensn has been inconsistent. Inversely, he's been VERY consistent. And that's what I have pointed out......when it comes to former OSU players or staff, he will defend them where few or no others would. I have never said he was not consistent in that regard. My whole issue is that he won't admit the bias he shows, which has been pointed out to him by more than just me.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


August 24th, 2011, 11:57 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.