View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 5:46 pm



Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status) 
Author Message
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12208
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
PFT wrote:
Jason Campbell says he’ll “deal with” arrival of Terrelle Pryor
Posted by Mike Florio on August 24, 2011, 4:18 AM EDT

Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell, who took a knee to the head on Saturday night against the 49ers, returned to practice on Tuesday.

Just in time to be asked questions about the team’s newest quarterback.

“It’s just something that I deal with,” Campbell told reporters regarding the addition of Terrelle Pryor, via Jerry McDonald of BayAreaNewsGroup.com. “It’s business. You don’t know what we’re going to do with him yet. He’s definitely a big, fast guy. There are different things we can do with him. He’s a teammate now. We welcome him.

“People forget, I’m a young guy, too,” said Campbell, 29. “So I’m trying to go out and get things right for this team and be the future of this team.”

For now, Pryor isn’t a member of the team, yet. We reported on Tuesday that the ball is in the Raiders’ court regarding Pryor’s contract. And the Raiders seem to be in no hurry to get it done.

“He’ll be here soon. I’m sure he’ll be here,” Raiders coach Hue Jackson said Tuesday. “Hopefully, before the end of the week, we’ll have him here and ready to go.”

Frankly, Pryor should have been there before the end of the day on Monday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lle-pryor/

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


August 24th, 2011, 11:58 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
m2karateman wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
I agree with steensn here. He's consistent in his standpoint. I don't always agree with him, but he is generally consistent in how he views things.


Not once have I said steensn has been inconsistent. Inversely, he's been VERY consistent. And that's what I have pointed out......when it comes to former OSU players or staff, he will defend them where few or no others would. I have never said he was not consistent in that regard. My whole issue is that he won't admit the bias he shows, which has been pointed out to him by more than just me.



The point is I do it for NON-OSU people as well.. that is the ingorance you guys are showing. You aren't even CONSIDERING other situations to even make a contrast. You are taking a very confined set of situation, all OSU, and then claiming bias. You aren't even considering other situations to show I don't give the same responce to them. It's completely moronic... you haven't even satisfied the requirements to make thast statement...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


August 24th, 2011, 12:59 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
m2karateman wrote:
steensn wrote:
Because I make the same comments redarding non OSU issues. Again, you are saying "Because you say this abou an OSU player" yet you FAIL over and over to recognize that I'm not making special replies regarding him because he played for OSU. You have to show BIAS in my responce... the opposite is true. That is the issue here... but you guys continually ignore the rest of my post and focus on the fact he is an OSU player. Go take the time to see me defending politicians and other people THEN get back to me with this ignorant comments.

Replace Vernon and Pryor with anyone and you'll see the same responce. You are combining ONLY the two OSU situations. What about Kevin Smith not being lazy... you ignore that one because you agreed with me but I fought back with the same vigor as this and Vernon... actually less on Vernon than Smith.

It's nonsense m2k, you are picking and choosing to suppot your opinion. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean you have to make lazy arguments and red herrings. Man up and focus on the facts.


Then PLEASE point out to me where you have staunchly defended to this degree other players or coaches like you have with Tressel or Pryor. Please show me where you have defended players that haven't attended OSU with post after post defending their actions, or defending their character.

I, for one, have yet to see that level of support from you for a non-OSU player, particularly one that is not on the Lions. The fact that there are multiple posters on here who see the same thing I do, tells you all you need to know.

As for the Kevin Smith thing.....how many posts were there for you in his defense? And how many people were actually pushing the idea that he was lazy? Anybody who knows football understands it wasn't laziness, it's a sheer lack of talent that caused his downfall. Just because a couple posters come in and make a foolish statement doesn't mean you rushed to his side when none others would. Plenty of us defended him. You are pretty much the lone wolf on the Pryor and Tressel ordeal......and from all accounts with Gholston as well.

You want facts.....Gholston was a high first round pick whose done nothing since taken. He has blamed his coach for his own failures. Tell me where I'm wrong. Tell me where he hasn't gotten a shot at being the starter. Now he's starting to rumble about the same thing in Chicago? I see a pattern there. Why don't you?

Pryor.....did he NOT say he would remain at OSU? Did he then leave OSU? Did he NOT accept things he KNEW he wasn't supposed to? Did he NOT say he wanted to play QB? Then he changed his tune to say he'd play anywhere, but preferred QB? Did he NOT say he would accept the NFL suspension? Then said he'd appeal? Now saying he won't? But you want to make a statement about people leaving him alone about his "waffling" because he hasn't changed his mind in the past 24 hours? I guess that makes him a stalwart of decision making, in your eyes.

I don't agree with the NFL suspension of Pryor, at all, just to make things clear. I think it's utterly ridiculous that the NFL feels it has to enact a disciplinary sentence on a player who did nothing wrong while under contract with an NFL team. If that is the case, there are dozens of players and coaches that the NFL should be handing out some SERIOUS suspensions to, Pete Carroll foremost among them, with Reggie Bush close behind. And I also agree that there were things that Pryor was rumored to have done that turned out to be untrue. However, he has admitted that he made a mistake, and Tressell also knew about that mistake and tried to cover it up.

It's one thing to at least admit you have a bias towards those players. That's your alma mater, and that's understandable. But to sit there and say you don't have that bias at this point...... [-X


Dude, if no one is knocking back at me then I can't go post after post. You're guys ignorant comments gave me reason to respond over and over. If people stop complaining about Kevin Smith being lazy I can't continue to discuss it. It ended, so I did. You guys continue to harp on the OPSU stuff though, so that means I harp back. Din;t be so ignorant on this... talk about bias, you won't even look at it based on reality.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


August 24th, 2011, 1:02 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
How long before steensn jumps ship and becomes a Raider fan? :lol:

_________________
Image


August 24th, 2011, 2:34 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
I'd be a 49ers fan before raiders...

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


August 24th, 2011, 4:14 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
Somehow, I'm not surprised that you'd be a fan of something from San Francisco. Just saying. :lol:

_________________
Image


August 26th, 2011, 3:25 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
Ouch.... lol!

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


August 26th, 2011, 4:01 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
Quote:
Goodell said he didn't want players making the decision when they are allowed to enter the NFL.

"I don't want players coming in from the college level that are either trying to avoid a suspension, declare themselves ineligible on their own, hire an agent and decide, 'I'm going to enter into the NFL,' " Goodell said.

"We think it's important for young men to stay in college football for as long as possible and stay in the formal education system. Because they're not going to play football forever and that college education could be helpful to them," he said.


For anyone thinking that the NFL doesn't view the NCAA as THE 99% stepping stone to the NFL Goodell cleared it up for us...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69360 ... im-tressel

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


September 7th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.