View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 7:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Sunday Ticket on PS3 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Sunday Ticket on PS3
Quote:
ould you get sunday ticket if you could see all your favorite team games locally for free?

and yeah, the first season is a nice plug, but after they, directv jacks up the price every year. So be prepared to pay MORE than $350 next year.

mwill - I'm talking about the blackout type BS. yes, it's sunday ticket, and the fact that I'm paying $30 a game, I should be able to get home or away broadcast. I don't want to listen to Bears announcers because the game's in chicago and directv can't broadcast it. The same goes for any NON-sunday game. Just like how these cable/dish companies sell you a Foxsports package, which cannot show any MLB, NFL, NHL, etc games...so all you get is damn poker. They sell pretty much worthless packages hoping to sucker people into buying them. They say, oh yeah, well there's blackout restrictions, so pretty much all you get is poker. Is that worth $5-10/mo?

I dont get the bolded statement you made. As far as I know there really arent away/home broadcasts for NFL football except in the preseason. Fox/NBC/ESPN/CBS they send out a crew for each game even if its only being broadcast locally but there s really only one crew unless you are talking about radio which you are clearly not. Maybe you are referring to the pregame broadcasts for which there may be local and away crews, I dunno. I just got DirectTV and agree Sunday ticket is expensive. For what its worth I also get MLB extra innings and DVR every Tigers game and for that they do show both away and home broadcasts.

As for the Fox Sports packages - I agree they are completely worthless. I got conned by some rookie agent on the phone who I specifically asked if I could watch Tigers game on Fox Sports package? They said that I could and this was a big factor in me purchasing Direct TV. Not only could I not watch Tigers game but they couldnt even give me Fox Sports Detroit where I am.

August 25th, 2011, 11:55 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

id just like to thank NFL network for finally giving us lions fans a commercial

August 26th, 2011, 3:47 am
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
Quote:
ould you get sunday ticket if you could see all your favorite team games locally for free?

and yeah, the first season is a nice plug, but after they, directv jacks up the price every year. So be prepared to pay MORE than $350 next year.

mwill - I'm talking about the blackout type BS. yes, it's sunday ticket, and the fact that I'm paying $30 a game, I should be able to get home or away broadcast. I don't want to listen to Bears announcers because the game's in chicago and directv can't broadcast it. The same goes for any NON-sunday game. Just like how these cable/dish companies sell you a Foxsports package, which cannot show any MLB, NFL, NHL, etc games...so all you get is damn poker. They sell pretty much worthless packages hoping to sucker people into buying them. They say, oh yeah, well there's blackout restrictions, so pretty much all you get is poker. Is that worth $5-10/mo?

I dont get the bolded statement you made. As far as I know there really arent away/home broadcasts for NFL football except in the preseason. Fox/NBC/ESPN/CBS they send out a crew for each game even if its only being broadcast locally but there s really only one crew unless you are talking about radio which you are clearly not. Maybe you are referring to the pregame broadcasts for which there may be local and away crews, I dunno. I just got DirectTV and agree Sunday ticket is expensive. For what its worth I also get MLB extra innings and DVR every Tigers game and for that they do show both away and home broadcasts.

As for the Fox Sports packages - I agree they are completely worthless. I got conned by some rookie agent on the phone who I specifically asked if I could watch Tigers game on Fox Sports package? They said that I could and this was a big factor in me purchasing Direct TV. Not only could I not watch Tigers game but they couldnt even give me Fox Sports Detroit where I am.

I'm talking about when it's blacked out on the Sunday ticket and local only....then I have to listen to those Chicago homers. For $30 a game, I should have a choice of broadcasts at least - even for local games. Or how about the chumps they have for MNF games?

August 26th, 2011, 9:19 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

i dont think i ve ever seen a local crew (except preseason) - even if its blacked out its still a crew assigned by CBS/FOX/ESPN/MNF isnt it? I ve never had direct tv before this year so I guess I dont know. Who is the Lions local crew for example that you would rather watch? There isnt one that I know of...Not trying to pick at you here, rather trying to understand what exactly I signed up for

August 26th, 2011, 7:43 pm
RIP Killer

For normal Sunday games, you can pick from lions broadcast or visitor broadcast (like with the MLB app and the game broadcast)

August 26th, 2011, 11:38 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Yeah, I'm confused too. I've never seen a "home" or "away" television broadcast for any regular season game. I didn't think local television affiliates are even allowed to broadcast regular season games. In my experience, those are always network crews.

August 27th, 2011, 12:23 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
mwill2 wrote:
Yeah, I'm confused too. I've never seen a "home" or "away" television broadcast for any regular season game. I didn't think local television affiliates are even allowed to broadcast regular season games. In my experience, those are always network crews.

Agree, unless its radio which probably isn't. I know for all the other sports you get home or away.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

August 27th, 2011, 12:59 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

conversion02 wrote:
For normal Sunday games, you can pick from lions broadcast or visitor broadcast (like with the MLB app and the game broadcast)

What exactly is the difference between the 'home' and 'away' NFL TV broadcasts? AFAIK its the same feed and therefore, the same announcers; the commercials are probably different, but other than that I can't think of anything. I also have Sirius satellite and I am usually able to get the Lion's broadcast, but I hardly use it unless I'm in the car..there's too much of a gap between the broadcasts (usually Sirius is ahead of DirecTV, if I remember correctly)

August 27th, 2011, 1:09 am
QB Coach

+1 on not getting his point. You get the national announcers, not local. I've had NFL Sunday Ticket for several years and I don't think I've ever had a local announcer. It's the Fox/CBS announcers.

Also, I received this email from DirecTV the other day:

we are going to offer NFL To-Go for customers who are unable to get DIRECTV service. This service can only be ordered online at DIRECTV.com/sundayticketspecial and will be available for order by Sep 1, 2011.

So anyone can get NFL Sunday Ticket, as long as you have a connected device (phone, computer, iPad, etc.). Pretty cool stuff.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

August 27th, 2011, 10:26 am
Varsity Captain

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Yeah I'm really happy about this. I will most likely be ordering. The only question I have is whether or not this will work like a DVR (i.e. can you record games, rewind during the game, etc)?

i just ordered mlb.tv to get tiger games down here in mexico on my ps3 and it has a pretty good interface. you can rewind and it's high def is way better than the regular high def channels we get here.. i might get this!! i was hoping nfl would have an option too :cheers:
34 bucks was a pretty good deal.. 300+ is.... kinda high, but we shall see. on mlb.tv you can pick to watch your team's announcers or away team's.. unless its a nationally televised game too.
gotta figure if its gonna be worth it. gonna go to first 3 of 4 games + monday night + thanksgiving air nationally.. maybe they will pro-rate it if i order it for week 5... might drop it down to 300 ish. 300 / 11.. whoa that's less than 30 bucks a game! well worth it. :cheers:

September 1st, 2011, 6:46 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
I just thought of this. With the PS3 you can go on the internet and surf the web, well why don't you do that and go to a website that is streaming the game? I know this works because I have tried it with the Red Wings and it is pretty good depending on the stream. It will save you lots of money then paying for Sunday Ticket and you will still be able to watch the Lions.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 1st, 2011, 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

Lions2SB2 wrote:
I just thought of this. With the PS3 you can go on the internet and surf the web, well why don't you do that and go to a website that is streaming the game? I know this works because I have tried it with the Red Wings and it is pretty good depending on the stream. It will save you lots of money then paying for Sunday Ticket and you will still be able to watch the Lions.

good call. what website streams the games?? i never have any luck with those..

September 1st, 2011, 12:33 pm
QB Coach

BestAtMadden wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

good call. what website streams the games?? i never have any luck with those..

Look one thread up from this one. It's the sticky thread at the top of the page.

http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14012

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 1st, 2011, 12:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3