View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2014, 8:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 LSU Bar Fight Issue Getting Bigger 
Junior Varsity

Post Re: LSU Bar Fight Issue Getting Bigger
steensn wrote:
I'm not contending you can't compare them, the point is that they are not comparable...

Well, you've convinced me that you don't know what words mean. Your misuse of the word etiquette furthers that. Stick to arguing wind power, which you actually know about.

steensn wrote:
The point is emphasizing, I could bold, underline, whatever. Caps is easier, I'm not going to waste my time picking the right one so that it's "proper."

Caps, bold, underline, italics--not the point here, nor is what is proper. Content should emphasize itself when written well, and thinking through how to articulate something well and meaningfully is never a waste of time.

August 28th, 2011, 8:57 pm
RIP Killer

:roll: oh brother... come on... you can find a lot more important things to do than to resort to attacking anything but the point. Please, tell me how my use of the word etiquette is different than the definition... maybe it isn't what you meant by your post, but don't be so simple minded to think my use is wrong because it doesn't line up with what you meant. When this becomes work email and white papers I'll spend more than 3 seconds writing my response to you so I don't get a lower grade on your imaginary internet forum school.

Nothing annoys me more than those who take the time to point out a football forum post grammar, spelling, or how well a thought was put together instead of the point.

The irony is that you are the one that missed the clear point of the post and whined about me comparing it to OSU and "not allowing you too" when I said nothing of the sort. Talk about reading comprehension...

August 29th, 2011, 12:11 am
Player of the Year - Defense

steensn wrote:
So, what are the thoughts on this? Seems like fracturing a mans 3 vertebrae is a lot less interesting than getting a tattoo everywhere. Never mind the 49 pairs of shoes the police confiscated, who cares, though the media seems to find that more important. Arrest warrants have been issued and LSU players have been booked.

First, look at what was in the news cycle when the OSU news broke out? The lockout was on, so Pryor and Tressel were the only thing happening. Second, a criminal charge is more serious than institutional charges for special favors. Same with the shoes. They are able to speculate more freely about the shoes, where as the media can be brought up on serious libel or slander charges for implicating them in a criminal charge that hasn't been proven. This is where the media basically has a gag order on certain details due to it being an ongoing criminal case. A NCAA investigation couldn't keep the media at bay in even close to the same manor.

I understand that you feel it should get more time, but there's only so much time you can take up when you're working with very limited info. Yes, someone might have 3 broken vertebrae, but what if that man attacked first? The police are keeping what info is known quiet, so we won't know for sure until the trial happens, if it happens. In any news cycle, you don't spend that much time on criminal cases until the trial. Just look at every player arrested over the lockout. Even with no news, they weren't talked about beyond the initial report.

Unlike the NCAA and Universities, the police are pretty good at minimizing leaks.

August 29th, 2011, 12:55 am
RIP Killer

IMO, if they are willing to hold off and not speculate on it because it is a criminal matter while speculating so much about the other stuff it drives individuals to have to leave to get away from the mess... there is something wrong with that whole idea. If it was simply "room to speculate" I wouldn't mind so much accept they do it to a point is seems like they committed a felony.

August 29th, 2011, 9:49 am
Junior Varsity

steensn wrote:
:roll: oh brother... come on... you can find a lot more important things to do than to resort to attacking anything but the point. Please, tell me how my use of the word etiquette is different than the definition... maybe it isn't what you meant by your post, but don't be so simple minded to think my use is wrong because it doesn't line up with what you meant. When this becomes work email and white papers I'll spend more than 3 seconds writing my response to you so I don't get a lower grade on your imaginary internet forum school.

Nothing annoys me more than those who take the time to point out a football forum post grammar, spelling, or how well a thought was put together instead of the point.

The irony is that you are the one that missed the clear point of the post and whined about me comparing it to OSU and "not allowing you too" when I said nothing of the sort. Talk about reading comprehension...

You should sue your teachers for fraud. You'd win.

August 29th, 2011, 8:49 pm
RIP Killer

Such an astoundingly bright and well thought out response. Thanks for showing me off by proving your brilliance and making me look so foolish...

August 30th, 2011, 9:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2