View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 8:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Lions Games Online 
RIP Killer

Post Re: On Line Detroit Games
TheRealWags wrote:
One thing they prolly could do is to create a member area of NFL.com requiring registration, then allow peeps to "subscribe" to their teams and associated content...heck, they could prolly charge a nominal fee too. Personally I'm hoping the go to a Pay-Per-View type thing where I can get all Lions games only for cheaper price

Member log would do it as long as they charge a small fee they know exactly where the billing address is. Of course people will find ways around, but I still assert that that number will be much lower than the number of people using services that cannot be shut down.

February 3rd, 2011, 2:35 pm
QB Coach

The reason none of these ideas has come to pass is simple. Money. The NFL got big bucks from DirecTV for the exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, and they're not about to give that up. It's worth hundreds of millions of dollars. It would take a damn long time to make that same money from individual buys of games.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

February 3rd, 2011, 6:48 pm
RIP Killer

As long as they didn't broadcast their games in HD I think they wouldn't lose many subscribers.

February 3rd, 2011, 8:23 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
The reason none of these ideas has come to pass is simple. Money. The NFL got big bucks from DirecTV for the exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, and they're not about to give that up. It's worth hundreds of millions of dollars. It would take a damn long time to make that same money from individual buys of games.

I think everyone realizes why none of these has happened or will happen any time soon. My problem with the exclusive deal is that the games are still inaccessible to me even though I am willing to pay. If I want to see the games, watching illegal streams is my only option.

February 3rd, 2011, 8:55 pm
RIP Killer

The NFL gets over $1 BILLION from DirecTV every year for the rights.

Yeah, i'd call that a sweet deal.

February 4th, 2011, 8:49 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

Its not free but Dosent nfl.com offer something for like thirty bucks you can watch all the games online even rewatch it? so if you miss the game you can watch it any ways....

May 1st, 2011, 3:56 pm
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Watch Games On Line
Moved this thread. Trying to 'clean-up' The Jungle a bit and these could be used to watch any football game.

August 30th, 2011, 5:00 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Re: Watch Games On Line (On Line Detroit Games)
The NFL Ticket To Go is now available through DirecTV. Here's the link: http://directv.com/sundayticketspecial

I read the other day that they are going to limit the number of subscriptions this year since they are only testing the service. If you are interested, you should sign up ASAP. My understanding is that this is the "To Go" service, so it is also viewable on computers, laptops, iPads, smartphones, etc. You don't have to have a PS3 to use the service.

September 1st, 2011, 4:36 pm
Varsity Captain

mwill2 wrote:
The NFL Ticket To Go is now available through DirecTV. Here's the link: http://directv.com/sundayticketspecial

I read the other day that they are going to limit the number of subscriptions this year since they are only testing the service. If you are interested, you should sign up ASAP. My understanding is that this is the "To Go" service, so it is also viewable on computers, laptops, iPads, smartphones, etc. You don't have to have a PS3 to use the service.

$350 is still about $250 too steep to consider it. Would be cool to have on the iPad though, assuming AT&T & Verizon bump up their data allowances.

September 2nd, 2011, 6:23 pm
QB Coach

aughsum wrote:
mwill2 wrote:

$350 is still about $250 too steep to consider it. Would be cool to have on the iPad though, assuming AT&T & Verizon bump up their data allowances.

Wow, you think it should only be $100 for the entire season? Good luck with that.

I bought the service yesterday. It's worth it to me.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 3rd, 2011, 10:50 am
RIP Killer

Too steep for me.

September 3rd, 2011, 10:54 am
Pop Warner Vet

Post Lions Games Online
So I was going through the backlog of posts to find the one where people kindly posted URLs for streaming games. Although I had trouble viewing them last year (are you supposed to use a proxy server? I'd get about 30 mins of game and then it would say something about copyright violation or something) my interwebz is better now.

Would you guys be kind enough to help out a fellow fan? Thanks in advance!

September 11th, 2011, 11:15 am
QB Coach

Post Re: Lions Games Online
chilledmonkeybrains wrote:
So I was going through the backlog of posts to find the one where people kindly posted URLs for streaming games. Although I had trouble viewing them last year (are you supposed to use a proxy server? I'd get about 30 mins of game and then it would say something about copyright violation or something) my interwebz is better now.

Would you guys be kind enough to help out a fellow fan? Thanks in advance!

Recently I've found that justin.tv and/or ustream.tv are your best bets.

September 11th, 2011, 11:44 am
Player of the Year - Defense

I decided to go with the PS3 option. Its broken down monthly, so $85 a month, or $21 a week. If I were in Michigan it would cost me more than $20 a game, and if I wanted to go to games here in NJ, i'd spend more than $85 between tickets, tolls and parking.

When you say $350 it seems overwhelming. When you break it down to $85 a month or $21 a week, it makes a lot of sense if you're not in the area to catch the games on local TV.

September 11th, 2011, 11:50 am
RIP Killer

http://www.soccertvlive.net/

Watched the OSU debacle on here yesterday.

September 11th, 2011, 11:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next