View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 8:26 pm



Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Lions Games Online 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: On Line Detroit Games
TheRealWags wrote:
One thing they prolly could do is to create a member area of NFL.com requiring registration, then allow peeps to "subscribe" to their teams and associated content...heck, they could prolly charge a nominal fee too. Personally I'm hoping the go to a Pay-Per-View type thing where I can get all Lions games only for cheaper price


Member log would do it as long as they charge a small fee they know exactly where the billing address is. Of course people will find ways around, but I still assert that that number will be much lower than the number of people using services that cannot be shut down.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


February 3rd, 2011, 2:35 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3143
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: On Line Detroit Games
The reason none of these ideas has come to pass is simple. Money. The NFL got big bucks from DirecTV for the exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, and they're not about to give that up. It's worth hundreds of millions of dollars. It would take a damn long time to make that same money from individual buys of games.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


February 3rd, 2011, 6:48 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: On Line Detroit Games
As long as they didn't broadcast their games in HD I think they wouldn't lose many subscribers.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


February 3rd, 2011, 8:23 pm
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: On Line Detroit Games
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
The reason none of these ideas has come to pass is simple. Money. The NFL got big bucks from DirecTV for the exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, and they're not about to give that up. It's worth hundreds of millions of dollars. It would take a damn long time to make that same money from individual buys of games.


I think everyone realizes why none of these has happened or will happen any time soon. My problem with the exclusive deal is that the games are still inaccessible to me even though I am willing to pay. If I want to see the games, watching illegal streams is my only option.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


February 3rd, 2011, 8:55 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10305
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: On Line Detroit Games
The NFL gets over $1 BILLION from DirecTV every year for the rights.

Yeah, i'd call that a sweet deal.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


February 4th, 2011, 8:49 am
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer

Joined: July 23rd, 2009, 3:30 pm
Posts: 237
Post Re: On Line Detroit Games
Its not free but Dosent nfl.com offer something for like thirty bucks you can watch all the games online even rewatch it? so if you miss the game you can watch it any ways....


May 1st, 2011, 3:56 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12153
Post Re: Watch Games On Line
Moved this thread. Trying to 'clean-up' The Jungle a bit and these could be used to watch any football game.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


August 30th, 2011, 5:00 pm
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: Watch Games On Line (On Line Detroit Games)
The NFL Ticket To Go is now available through DirecTV. Here's the link: http://directv.com/sundayticketspecial

I read the other day that they are going to limit the number of subscriptions this year since they are only testing the service. If you are interested, you should sign up ASAP. My understanding is that this is the "To Go" service, so it is also viewable on computers, laptops, iPads, smartphones, etc. You don't have to have a PS3 to use the service.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


September 1st, 2011, 4:36 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: April 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm
Posts: 312
Post Re: Watch Games On Line (On Line Detroit Games)
mwill2 wrote:
The NFL Ticket To Go is now available through DirecTV. Here's the link: http://directv.com/sundayticketspecial

I read the other day that they are going to limit the number of subscriptions this year since they are only testing the service. If you are interested, you should sign up ASAP. My understanding is that this is the "To Go" service, so it is also viewable on computers, laptops, iPads, smartphones, etc. You don't have to have a PS3 to use the service.


$350 is still about $250 too steep to consider it. Would be cool to have on the iPad though, assuming AT&T & Verizon bump up their data allowances.


September 2nd, 2011, 6:23 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3143
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Watch Games On Line (On Line Detroit Games)
aughsum wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
The NFL Ticket To Go is now available through DirecTV. Here's the link: http://directv.com/sundayticketspecial

I read the other day that they are going to limit the number of subscriptions this year since they are only testing the service. If you are interested, you should sign up ASAP. My understanding is that this is the "To Go" service, so it is also viewable on computers, laptops, iPads, smartphones, etc. You don't have to have a PS3 to use the service.


$350 is still about $250 too steep to consider it. Would be cool to have on the iPad though, assuming AT&T & Verizon bump up their data allowances.

Wow, you think it should only be $100 for the entire season? Good luck with that.

I bought the service yesterday. It's worth it to me.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


September 3rd, 2011, 10:50 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Watch Games On Line (On Line Detroit Games)
Too steep for me.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


September 3rd, 2011, 10:54 am
Profile
Pop Warner Vet

Joined: March 11th, 2010, 4:39 pm
Posts: 127
Post Lions Games Online
So I was going through the backlog of posts to find the one where people kindly posted URLs for streaming games. Although I had trouble viewing them last year (are you supposed to use a proxy server? I'd get about 30 mins of game and then it would say something about copyright violation or something) my interwebz is better now.

Would you guys be kind enough to help out a fellow fan? Thanks in advance!

_________________
Slow is smooth, smooth is steady, steady is fast!


September 11th, 2011, 11:15 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3143
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Lions Games Online
chilledmonkeybrains wrote:
So I was going through the backlog of posts to find the one where people kindly posted URLs for streaming games. Although I had trouble viewing them last year (are you supposed to use a proxy server? I'd get about 30 mins of game and then it would say something about copyright violation or something) my interwebz is better now.

Would you guys be kind enough to help out a fellow fan? Thanks in advance!

Recently I've found that justin.tv and/or ustream.tv are your best bets.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


September 11th, 2011, 11:44 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2799
Post Re: Lions Games Online
I decided to go with the PS3 option. Its broken down monthly, so $85 a month, or $21 a week. If I were in Michigan it would cost me more than $20 a game, and if I wanted to go to games here in NJ, i'd spend more than $85 between tickets, tolls and parking.

When you say $350 it seems overwhelming. When you break it down to $85 a month or $21 a week, it makes a lot of sense if you're not in the area to catch the games on local TV.


September 11th, 2011, 11:50 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Lions Games Online
http://www.soccertvlive.net/

Watched the OSU debacle on here yesterday.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


September 11th, 2011, 11:53 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.