View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 11:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 My New 2012 NFL Mock Draft 
RIP Killer

Post Re: My New 2012 NFL Mock Draft
Pablo wrote:
I get it. There is something to be said for the top ranked QB each year and that can indeed change and I'm not saying that can't happen. That said, I'm not talking about your typical "top QB prospect" and a potential "franchise quarterback", but rather a once in a decade type quarterback prospect - not just a franchise quarterback but Peyton Manning (and more highly touted than Manning was when he entered the draft).

This is a guy with a QB rating of 143.5 followed by 170.2 who connected on over 70% of his passes. Locker, for comparison purposes was coming off a 129.7 rating season in 2009 where he completed 58% of his passes. Sorry, no comparison.

And it isn't just his stats, he throws a great ball and passes the eyeball test as well as any college quarterback I have seen in a long, long, long time.

I understand that....but he's also lost his college coach and a number of other teammates who helped him achieve that success.

I'm not saying he won't be the top overall pick. I'm just saying that a year can make a big difference on how he's looked at by professional scouts and coaches.

June 5th, 2011, 9:23 am
Veteran General Manager

Pablo wrote:
Pick one wasn't Andrew Luck, I didn't make it past that.

Carolina is probably going to have the 1st pick again. They won't take a QB #1 overall two years in a row.

The only way Luck goes #1 overall next year is if the pick gets traded.

June 5th, 2011, 10:52 am
Veteran General Manager

m2karateman wrote:
Strawberries&Chocolat wrote:
I love how all mock drafts of the Lions seem to have the Lions reaching for their "needs," when all of the available evidence suggests that the Lions do the exact opposite: they take the random player that falls to them with the highest talent level, regardless of position.

Very few mock drafts work based on BPA, but instead concentrate on needs. At this point, it's what drives people to do mock drafts, because determining the actual BPAs that will be there now is far more unpredictable than what each team still needs. That is, until after this lockout is over and free agency occurs. Then all bets are off.

What's even funnier is that there are still people out there complaining that the Lions didn't fill needs at corner or linebacker, despite the fact that they admit the Lions took the best players available.....except for maybe the Titus Young pick. People still seem to be split on that one.

I am completely resigned to the idea that I will never be happy with how the Lions draft. But, thankfully, since Mayhew has been drafting for the Lions, the drafts have been working well for the Lions.

Our offense is stacked and packed now. Hopefully someday we can get the defense fully locked and loaded. Then rebuild the O-line.

June 5th, 2011, 10:56 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

couple a things. You really think Carolina is gonna pick #1 Again? thats a tough thing to do. even when the Lions were the worst in the league they never picked #1 back to back. I dont think Caroina will be great, but teams Like well..the entire NFC west are out there....there is a good change Carolina wont be #1 again.

And 2nd. Mayhew has made it embarrassingly obvious that I dont know how to draft and he does. I havn't been overly exctied about a draft on day one yet...but I've been pleased as can be by mid season every year so far.

June 5th, 2011, 4:35 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
couple a things. You really think Carolina is gonna pick #1 Again? thats a tough thing to do. even when the Lions were the worst in the league they never picked #1 back to back. I dont think Caroina will be great, but teams Like well..the entire NFC west are out there....there is a good change Carolina wont be #1 again.

And 2nd. Mayhew has made it embarrassingly obvious that I dont know how to draft and he does. I havn't been overly exctied about a draft on day one yet...but I've been pleased as can be by mid season every year so far.

Perhaps you missed this part...

Quote:
Luck is not #1 because I used the same order as last year, and didn't use any trades for simplicity.

Basically he just copied the same selection order as this past draft.

I agree that the likelihood of the Panthers picking first overall again is remote, but their draft didn't exactly wow anybody. I don't think they'll pick first again, but at this point (pre-FA) I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it did happen.

June 6th, 2011, 8:57 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

oh no, I didnt miss anything. I was responding to Billy. he said...

Quote:
Carolina is probably going to have the 1st pick again. They won't take a QB #1 overall two years in a row.

sorry, should have been more specific

June 6th, 2011, 8:50 pm
Veteran General Manager

regularjoe12 wrote:

Quote:

And yes, I do think Carolina winds up with the 1st overall pick again next year. Newton is not ready. Nor will he be ready. The Lockout has ensured that he won't get enough practice snaps to make any starts this season.

June 7th, 2011, 3:17 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Quote:

And yes, I do think Carolina winds up with the 1st overall pick again next year. Newton is not ready. Nor will he be ready. The Lockout has ensured that he won't get enough practice snaps to make any starts this season.

Understandable, but the chances of Carolina having the first overall pick again are pretty remote. Even as bad as the Lions were, they didn't get the first overall pick two years in a row. In my opinion getting the first pick two years in a row is equally as difficult as repeating as Super Bowl champs.

June 9th, 2011, 12:16 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'll predict that Washington will have the first pick in the draft and select Luck. They have no offense and their defense isn't the greatest either. Besides, they have to play against the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants twice. Two wins, maybe?

June 17th, 2011, 11:51 pm
Veteran General Manager

slybri19 wrote:
I'll predict that Washington will have the first pick in the draft and select Luck. They have no offense and their defense isn't the greatest either. Besides, they have to play against the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants twice. Two wins, maybe?

I am thinking that maybe, since Peyton Manning has to have another surgery, that maybe the Colts will have the 1st overall pick. Can you imagine going from P.Manning to Andrew Luck? How stinking LUCKy can one team be?

September 5th, 2011, 12:00 pm
RIP Killer

HAHA, that would be sick!

September 5th, 2011, 12:19 pm
RIP Killer

Can we draft ronnell Lewis please? Dood is a BEAST

September 15th, 2011, 2:16 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

He strikes me as the type of player who will be like Louis Delmas, but at a different position. He's getting by on raw athleticism and swag; a heat seeking missile. The problem with Lou is that he misses some tackles going for the knockout hit and gets dinged up. I think Ronnell Lewis would be a similar player in that regard.

September 16th, 2011, 11:58 am
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
Can we draft ronnell Lewis please? Dood is a BEAST

I've always viewed him as a 3-4 OLB prospect for the pros but I agree he is a beast!

September 16th, 2011, 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

After week 1, I believe the sweepstakes is going to be between, Seattle, Indianapolis(depending if Manning comes back this season), Cleveland and Kansas City.

September 16th, 2011, 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next