View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 12:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Tiki Barber 
QB Coach

Post Re: Tiki Barber
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Sad to say for one of my favorite positions (call it the Barry effect), but RBs are a dime a dozen these days.

Pretty much. The reality is that it's not a rushing league anymore. The top rushing teams last year were:

1. Kansas City
2. Oakland
3. Jacksonville
4. Jets
5. Eagles
6. Giants
7. Texans
8. Tampa Bay
9. Patriots
10. Minnesota

Top passing teams were:
1. Colts
2. Chargers
3. Saints
4. Texans
5. Packers
6. Cowboys

Top Defensive teams (pts/gm) were:

1. Steelers
2. Packers
3. Ravens
4. Bears
5. Falcons
6. Jets

What does that all tell me? The top teams are good defensively, and better passing than running. That is what wins in today's NFL. It makes guys like Tiki worth a lot less.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 7th, 2011, 11:25 am
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:
Typically I would jump in and say give the guy a chance... but he's to date shown no remorse for those actions...

Just wondering what those actions have to do with his ability to play football.....(see Vick, Big Ben. etc) :confused:

My thoughts exactly. Not condoning or excusing his actions in any way, but the bottom line is if a team thought Tiki could help them, they'd sign him. I think he's just too old and teams don't have any reason to believe that he's still a good RB. Age catches up with all of us, Tiki included.

His off-field actions have nothing to do with the 32 NFL teams passing on him, that is a given. It is just the reason why NFL fans like me are laughing at him. Call it karma....

On the business side of the NFL....he's 36 years old, been out of the league for four years, and has a reputation of being a douchebag in the lockerroom to his own teammates. There's three reasons to say "no, thanks" to Tiki. There are plenty of younger, hungrier, humbler players out there to sign who have been playing the game the past few years while Tiki CHOSE to leave the game to carve out an (unsuccessful) TV career. Tiki EXPECTED teams to fawn all over him, and that's what's eating him now. His ego can't process the fact that he is no longer wanted in the NFL.

Deal with it Tiki, you a$$hat.

September 7th, 2011, 11:31 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:
Typically I would jump in and say give the guy a chance... but he's to date shown no remorse for those actions...

Just wondering what those actions have to do with his ability to play football.....(see Vick, Big Ben. etc) :confused:

My thoughts exactly. Not condoning or excusing his actions in any way, but the bottom line is if a team thought Tiki could help them, they'd sign him. I think he's just too old and teams don't have any reason to believe that he's still a good RB. Age catches up with all of us, Tiki included.

his off the field issues have nothing to do with his skill but teams just don't like dealing with that much baggage. Plus he ran his franchise's name through the dirt

September 7th, 2011, 11:03 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Killwill25 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
steensn wrote:

his off the field issues have nothing to do with his skill but teams just don't like dealing with that much baggage. Plus he ran his franchise's name through the dirt

So did his off field issues have something to do with it if he ran the franchise's name through the dirt?

This guy is a has been and he can't accept that he made some bad choices in his life. His agent is just being an agent by saying he was flabbergasted by him not getting an opportunity.

September 8th, 2011, 4:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2