View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 7:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Texas A&M Looking to Join SEC 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Texas A&M Looking to Join SEC
I read/heard a rumor that Baylor(possibly some other schools in conf.) aren't wanting to sign the waiver to let A&M go. Which SEC wants done to allow A&M in.

Things could get interesting.

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 7th, 2011, 12:57 pm
RIP Killer

Very interesting, only Baylor has not indicated they will clear A&M.

September 7th, 2011, 1:04 pm
RIP Killer

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... elays-move

Baylor is indeed causing the holdup.

September 7th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

If the B12 disappears, Baylor will be left out in the cold. I'm sure that is one of the reasons why they are kicking up their heels now.

September 7th, 2011, 7:03 pm
RIP Killer

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... elays-move

It seems that a lot of schools are against this. They will let A&M go if Oklahoma stays and they can get BYU in.

September 7th, 2011, 8:41 pm
RIP Killer

Big 12 approached Arkansas about joining:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story ... hed-big-12

September 7th, 2011, 8:42 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I don't know about you guys. But, I would like to see Oklahoma join the Big 10.

September 7th, 2011, 9:59 pm
RIP Killer

I would be just fine to bring them in!

September 8th, 2011, 9:36 am

Does Okalahoma even come close to the academic standards of the B10? Or would they let that slide for the big $$$. I think Okalahoma State goes wherever Okalahoma goes and I do not believe that the B10 would let Okalahome State join.

September 8th, 2011, 11:24 am
RIP Killer

grgrundge wrote:
Does Okalahoma even come close to the academic standards of the B10? Or would they let that slide for the big $$$. I think Okalahoma State goes wherever Okalahoma goes and I do not believe that the B10 would let Okalahome State join.

I doubt they are all that different than Nebraska.

September 8th, 2011, 11:28 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Good point Pablo...

From Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University ... a#Rankings

Quote:
In 2010, the University of Oklahoma was ranked among the top 100 public universities in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.[44] The 2010 U.S. News and World Report ranked OU 111th among "National Universities," and has categorized it as "more selective."[45]

In a survey of the top 500 academic institutions in the world by the Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2006, Oklahoma ranked 301st. They were tied with 99 other schools, including Big 12 schools such as Texas Tech University and Kansas State University. University of Colorado was the highest Big 12 school, being ranked number 34.[46]

September 8th, 2011, 11:36 am

steensn wrote:
Good point Pablo...

From Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University ... a#Rankings

Quote:
In 2010, the University of Oklahoma was ranked among the top 100 public universities in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.[44] The 2010 U.S. News and World Report ranked OU 111th among "National Universities," and has categorized it as "more selective."[45]

In a survey of the top 500 academic institutions in the world by the Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2006, Oklahoma ranked 301st. They were tied with 99 other schools, including Big 12 schools such as Texas Tech University and Kansas State University. University of Colorado was the highest Big 12 school, being ranked number 34.[46]

Thanks, looks like they are rated higher then I thought.

September 8th, 2011, 12:22 pm
RIP Killer

I wouldn't feel bad about getting a degree from Oklahoma at all.

September 8th, 2011, 12:32 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6939017/texas-aggies-accepted-sec-legal-threat-delays-move

Baylor is indeed causing the holdup.

Baylor is going to get themselves in a bit of trouble here. First, from a legal perspective I'm not sure it is going to matter since A&M has a contract with the Big 12, not individual schools so I'm not sure there is any basis here (WJB - any thoughts).

Second, after the Big 12 implodes, and that now looks very likely, Baylor is going to look like the physco x-girlfriend who can't let her ex go. Not going to make them look very attractive to future leagues who might go after them - nobody wants a physco girlfriend.

Third, Baylor is being very hypocritical since they fought hard to keep other Texas schools out of the Big 12 when the Southwest conference disolved years ago and the Big 12 formed. Schools like TCU and SMU where left out and now Baylor says on their website: http://www.baylor.edu/nation/texasfootball.htm

Quote:
Don't Mess With Texas Football

Nothing is more beloved in Texas than Texas football. Entire towns travel to neighboring communities on Friday nights as rivals meet under the Friday night lights; Saturday mornings find families rushing out to pee wee football games and spending their afternoons with friends tailgating or watching some of the most historic and storied football rivalries in the nation; Sunday afternoons see families gathered in living rooms across the state to cheer on the Cowboys or the Texans.

Football in Texas is more than a passing interest, it is a part of the fabric of this great state.

•Will Texans stand by and watch hundred-year-old rivalries be cast aside as the state's largest universities align themselves with other states across the country?
•Will Texans sit and watch as Texas' flagship universities pledge their loyalties to other states?
•Will Texans stand by as our most promising student athletes are lured out of Texas by new rivals?
•Will Texans watch as our most precious resources—the great minds of the next generation—are exported to new conference institutions?
Texans must stand up and call the leadership of the University of Texas, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech to clear-headed thinking about the state's future. Texas' flagship institutions of higher learning are the guardians of the state's future—their loyalties must first be to Texas and to her citizens. Ask these leaders to take a stand for Texas and to stop this madness that will lead to the dissolution of the Big 12 and the end of an era for Texas.

So where was all this Texas pride when you wouldn't allow other Texas schools into the Big 12? I hope Baylor enjoys it when KARMA bites back.

September 8th, 2011, 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
grgrundge wrote:

I doubt they are all that different than Nebraska.

Nebraska is one reason why I think Oklahoma is a great fit for the Big 10. I also would not mind Oklahoma State ( if they are a package deal with Oklahoma) and Kansas State.

September 8th, 2011, 10:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next