View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 2011 Lionbacker Yahoo Fantasy Football League 
League MVP

Post Re: 2011 Lionbacker Yahoo Fantasy Football League
i never said when he is comming back...what i did say is NO ONE is speculating past week 2 yet...and by that i meant NO ONE...not even mr. "a while"

September 8th, 2011, 11:25 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I don't like this trade either, but I understand it because of the Manning injury. Therefore, I'm not going to reject it outright. However, if 4 or more people send me a protest, I'll kill it.

September 8th, 2011, 11:29 am
RIP Killer

What is the trade in question?

September 8th, 2011, 11:31 am
Profile WWW
League MVP

Chris Johnson for Matt Ryan

September 8th, 2011, 11:34 am
League MVP

slybri19 wrote:
I don't like this trade either, but I understand it because of the Manning injury. Therefore, I'm not going to reject it outright. However, if 4 or more people send me a protest, I'll kill it.

qwell then you count as 2..only 2 more needed! lol

September 8th, 2011, 11:34 am

Despite my reservations and steensn's penchant for making very one sided deals, I'm gonna remain impartial. Just hit the protest button on Yahoo and if I get 4 of them before Saturday morning, I'll veto it.

September 8th, 2011, 11:38 am
RIP Killer

I understand that this will likely be squashed... but it isn't THAT unfair even by your own claims. There is an difference between fair and good, that is what I hate the most about FF trades. People vote on good, not fair.

September 8th, 2011, 11:43 am
RIP Killer

I'm not going to veto the trade because we have two owners that have agreed to the deal.

That said, if I'm Nate I wouldn't give up CJ for Ryan for a couple of reasons. First, it is rarely a good idea to trade a 1st first round pick for a 5th rounder. Secondly, QBs will emerge (anyone draft Vick last year?). Third, as steensn pointed out, Fitz might be a good option at QB early on. Fourth, while decent QB options are still available, you are trading a RB - look at the options now left there (hint, top names according to Yahoo are Carter, Snelling, Hunter and Hardesty) - yuck.

This would be a great trade for steensn, obviously, and a reward for drafting a solid backup QB early in the draft.

September 8th, 2011, 11:56 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

If we are not willing to let people make mistakes why don't we just run a 12 team, 12 shared ownerships for each team to get the maximum potential for each team each week?

Point is, the veto thing is supposed to be intended to keep me from trading Tim Toone for CJ. Not questionable moves that maybe you yourself wouldn't do. Pablo has the right idea on this one, maybe he wouldn't do it himself, but it isn't glaringly a give away.

September 8th, 2011, 12:04 pm

I just posted a message on the Yahoo league board about the trade. I'm gonna let the other team owners decide this.

September 8th, 2011, 12:14 pm
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:
I just posted a message on the Yahoo league board about the trade. I'm gonna let the other team owners decide this.

way to delegate commish. I'm voting for the trade, I certainly can see this being a value to steensn's team and why Nate wants to upgrade his McNabb lead QB spot.

September 8th, 2011, 12:18 pm
Profile WWW

Trust me, I don't like this trade one bit, but I can understand why LionFan4Life made it. His current QB situation is why I'm not killing it without any input from others. As I said before, if enough complain, I'll veto it.

September 8th, 2011, 12:28 pm
RIP Killer

No one would make that trade unless they had a QB situation to deal with.

September 8th, 2011, 12:34 pm
RIP Killer

I will be vindictive to those who think they are there to protect people from making "bad trades". I see it as personal opinions of what they would do taking over the intent to keep someone "quitting" and getting players to certain people.

September 8th, 2011, 12:55 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Its not so much a bad trade, but its not even close to even. Its a desperation move, nothing more. If he would have shown up and not autodrafted, he wouldn't have picked a player that was in question to play prior to the draft. If he was busy, he should have setup his rankings. So its not a protecting him mentality that has me hating this trade.

And stop telling people to look at the situation and not the trade itself. The situation is irrelevant. Value is ALL that matters. And the value of that trade doesn't match up. Not even close. Talk about point totals all you want, its the position value itself thats out of wack. If the situation were oh well I'm already out of the running, would you allow someone to trade mismatched players? Absolutely not.

But you're lucky... I have 3 days to find the protest button.

September 8th, 2011, 1:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next